JIP sucks

Am I the only one that feels cheated by joining a game in progress? I can understand the reasons behind having a JIP system, but there should be a system to it. At minimum, two rules:

1. when filling a JIP game, prioritize those who quit over those who regularly finish. This way quitters become the solution for people quitting early, and those who stick a game out to the end don’t suffer

2. if a person playing alone finishes a game, let them stay in a post game lobby and start a new game. I literally never quit, even after the match is done. I wait for the post match report and for the next game to start. However, about 90% of the time I end up JIP. The fact I can’t just start a new game with the players from the last game is absolutely stupid.

> 2533274910775774;1:
> Am I the only one that feels cheated by joining a game in progress? I can understand the reasons behind having a JIP system, but there should be a system to it. At minimum, two rules:
>
> 1) when filling a JIP game, prioritize those who quit over those who regularly finish. This way quitters become the solution for people quitting early, and those who stick a game out to the end don’t suffer
>
> 2) if a person playing alone finishes a game, let them stay in a post game lobby and start a new game. I literally never quit, even after the match is done. I wait for the post match report and for the bee game to start. However, about 90% of the time I end up JIP. The fact I can’t just start a new game with the players from the last game is absolutely stupid.

I know it a b***h but since player population is decreasing I think it necessary. I did rather play a half a match than waiting longer period of time , many people barely even got time to play games when they are older though it sucks when I join a team that is already losing

JIP does suck. On my other account I have had many games where I joined with 10 seconds or less in the game or in warzone plenty of times where I joined in a tripple capped game. If you play solo you will have a way higher chance of getting a JIP. On this account I regularly play with friends and never get it but solo I get it 50-60% of the time in warzone. Sometimes I will get two or three JIP games in a row. Unfortunately it’s been like this for the last few years, it hasent seemed to get better. But playing with even one other person does seem to stop it. Just play a game ask someone that did good (or even someone that didn’t do good) and you probably won’t get another JIP game.

Another option is to leave if you see that your team is getting whooped 600-5 in Warzone. Games like that are probably not going to be fun. I think Halo 5 takes into account that you left that game and it will try to find you a different one. Hopefully it’s the first or second game you leave though otherwise you might get a penalty.

You’re just now realizing it sucks? :stuck_out_tongue:

I used to complain about it a lot, but I’ve given up hope that they’re going to fix it at this point.

I can understand why 343 would make a JIP process, obviously if people start quitting the game then that team is going to get stomped. So back filling the team would theoretically help balance things out. However most people quit because they’re losing so badly and get frustrated which means people get put into huge score gaps that you probably have no chance of beating.

The only fix I could see for this is having a way of the game looking at the score difference and if the margin is to wide on the losing end then locking out in JIP options. No chance of it being fixed in 5 now but maybe they’ll figure out a better process in the next one.

If only people had the ability to opt out of JIP. I would rather wait longer to find a game that hasn’t started

> 2535443548700992;2:
> > 2533274910775774;1:
> > Am I the only one that feels cheated by joining a game in progress? I can understand the reasons behind having a JIP system, but there should be a system to it. At minimum, two rules:
> >
> > 1) when filling a JIP game, prioritize those who quit over those who regularly finish. This way quitters become the solution for people quitting early, and those who stick a game out to the end don’t suffer
> >
> > 2) if a person playing alone finishes a game, let them stay in a post game lobby and start a new game. I literally never quit, even after the match is done. I wait for the post match report and for the bee game to start. However, about 90% of the time I end up JIP. The fact I can’t just start a new game with the players from the last game is absolutely stupid.
>
> I know it a b***h but since player population is decreasing I think it necessary. I did rather play a half a match than waiting longer period of time , many people barely even got time to play games when they are older though it sucks when I join a team that is already losing

Yeah, I can understand that. I’d figured with Halo: Infinite being announced and all the hype people might hop back in (not sure if they have or not since there’s no player count like in other halo games)

> 2533274824050480;4:
> Another option is to leave if you see that your team is getting whooped 600-5 in Warzone. Games like that are probably not going to be fun. I think Halo 5 takes into account that you left that game and it will try to find you a different one. Hopefully it’s the first or second game you leave though otherwise you might get a penalty.

I’m trying not to do that, though. I don’t mean to come off as high and mighty, but the only times I quit is when the lag literally makes the game unplayable (you throw a grenade and it doesn’t spawn until 15 seconds later), or the enemy team is just spawn killing. Part of the point I’m trying to make is that those 600-5 games where your just attempting to defend your core should be filled with people who routinely quit once the fortress is lost

> 2727626560040591;5:
> You’re just now realizing it sucks? :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> I used to complain about it a lot, but I’ve given up hope that they’re going to fix it at this point.

Not at all. This has happened since day 1. Normally I just suck it up and deal, but yesterday I played what must have been 6 consecutive JIP games and just lost it. I’ve made similar posts in the past (mostly complaining) and figured this time around I’d offer solutions / suggestions

> 2533274836748330;6:
> I can understand why 343 would make a JIP process, obviously if people start quitting the game then that team is going to get stomped. So back filling the team would theoretically help balance things out. However most people quit because they’re losing so badly and get frustrated which means people get put into huge score gaps that you probably have no chance of beating.
>
> The only fix I could see for this is having a way of the game looking at the score difference and if the margin is to wide on the losing end then locking out in JIP options. No chance of it being fixed in 5 now but maybe they’ll figure out a better process in the next one.

I think they have done this to some respect. I’ve noticed that if my team loses all 3 bases and is on core defense we won’t typically refill lost teammates. Once we capture an armory the game will throw in 4-5 teammates within a minute or two. This process could definitely be improved, though with some filtering of players (throw in a few skilled players onto the losing team to help give them a fighting chance. Winning team will have an actual challenge and the good players won’t necessarily be penalized since they’re likely to have a much higher K/D ratio in a game less skilled players)

> 2533274910775774;8:
> > 2535443548700992;2:
> > > 2533274910775774;1:
> > > Am I the only one that feels cheated by joining a game in progress? I can understand the reasons behind having a JIP system, but there should be a system to it. At minimum, two rules:
> > >
> > > 1) when filling a JIP game, prioritize those who quit over those who regularly finish. This way quitters become the solution for people quitting early, and those who stick a game out to the end don’t suffer
> > >
> > > 2) if a person playing alone finishes a game, let them stay in a post game lobby and start a new game. I literally never quit, even after the match is done. I wait for the post match report and for the bee game to start. However, about 90% of the time I end up JIP. The fact I can’t just start a new game with the players from the last game is absolutely stupid.
> >
> > I know it a b***h but since player population is decreasing I think it necessary. I did rather play a half a match than waiting longer period of time , many people barely even got time to play games when they are older though it sucks when I join a team that is already losing
>
> Yeah, I can understand that. I’d figured with Halo: Infinite being announced and all the hype people might hop back in (not sure if they have or not since there’s no player count like in other halo games)

only way player population will increase is by games with gold

> 2533274910775774;9:
> > 2533274824050480;4:
> > Another option is to leave if you see that your team is getting whooped 600-5 in Warzone. Games like that are probably not going to be fun. I think Halo 5 takes into account that you left that game and it will try to find you a different one. Hopefully it’s the first or second game you leave though otherwise you might get a penalty.
>
> I’m trying not to do that, though. I don’t mean to come off as high and mighty, but the only times I quit is when the lag literally makes the game unplayable (you throw a grenade and it doesn’t spawn until 15 seconds later), or the enemy team is just spawn killing. Part of the point I’m trying to make is that those 600-5 games where your just attempting to defend your core should be filled with people who routinely quit once the fortress is lost

Nah, not high and mighty at all haha. It’s cool that you’re able to put up with lopsided games like that. I see what you’re saying about prioritization and it’s a great idea way of rewarding players who don’t quit and punishing those who do, if implemented correctly.

It definitely sucks. I get that at this point in H5’s life and population they’re probably never gonna take it out, but I certainly hope it either is not in Halo Infinite at all, or, if it is, they give us a button to opt out of it. (There are, in fact, some people that honestly don’t mind it and would leave the button checked yes to get matches faster, that’s fine if it honestly doesn’t bother them.)

Every time I see I’m about to JIP I say to myself “Oh here we go…” We know what this means, I’m taking someone’s place who quit in a losing match, and I’m nearly always right. I’d rather wait longer to be guaranteed a fresh match.

The other thing that sucks is they gave us the search preferences in H5 which were a cool idea, but they influence your chances of JIP. When I play Social or Warzone, if I put my search preference at Focused, chances jump to about 90% that I’m going to JIP. If I put it on Expanded, there’s a better chance I’ll get a fresh match, but then I’ll get such a wide skill range of opponents I’ll just get roflstomped, so I feel like I realistically can’t use the search preferences in Social because of JIP.

It has always been trash.