JIP is bad, possible solution? Also map votes

Everyone hates JIP, thats the general feeling anyway.

Everyone thats in a game, that gets Jipped, it usually goes blackscreen, booting you half the time, etc, etc, and is unpleasant for everyone.

And jipping a dozen games og lightning flag in a row, then getting banned for quitting… It’s not as if I had a vote of picking the gametype in any of the 12 games, seems a bit unfair…especially since lightning flag is similar to chinese bamboo torture…

My solution is that you have a choice of maybe 3 games to JIP into, that way at least you have some sort of choice in game?

And for the love of god, please bring back the “None of the above” option. We all miss that, it was the reroll if you like for map selection.

yes, YES.

none of the above was awesome. Reach’s system was the easily the best.

Three choices, top wins in ties, and a none of the above option.

JIP needs to either be fixed in a way that doesnt screw up every other game or remove it.

> <mark>Everyone hates JIP, thats the general feeling anyway.</mark>
>
> Everyone thats in a game, that gets Jipped, it usually goes blackscreen, booting you half the time, etc, etc, and is unpleasant for everyone.
>
> And jipping a dozen games og lightning flag in a row, then getting banned for quitting… It’s not as if I had a vote of picking the gametype in any of the 12 games, seems a bit unfair…especially since lightning flag is similar to chinese bamboo torture…
>
> My solution is that you have a choice of maybe 3 games to JIP into, that way at least you have some sort of choice in game?
>
> And for the love of god, please bring back the “None of the above” option. We all miss that, it was the reroll if you like for map selection.

Should I say where I stopped reading?

> None of the above was awesome. Reach’s system was the easily the best.
> Three choices, top wins in ties, and a none of the above option.

I disagree with this. Reach’s voting system allowed for certain maps or game-modes to be picked more frequently than others, which would often result in playing Haemorrhage constantly (If you were playing BTB).

Halo 3’s system worked the best for me. Everything was relatively random, so there was a wider variety of games being played.

> Should I say where I stopped reading?

You like being placed into games where your team are most likely losing? You like having games start unbalanced, and hoping for someone to join to balance the teams?

I’m sorry, but JiP in its current state is a complete mess. I personally don’t want it in Halo, and I never really did. Yes, I raged when my team-mates quit, and I still do. I may have complained about it on bungie.net, but that was only in the heat of the moment.

Even if they managed to fix JiP, who likes joining games late? I know I don’t.

> > None of the above was awesome. Reach’s system was the easily the best.
> > Three choices, top wins in ties, and a none of the above option.
>
> I disagree with this. Reach’s voting system allowed for certain maps or game-modes to be picked more frequently than others, which would often result in playing Haemorrhage constantly (If you were playing BTB).
>
> <mark>Halo 3’s system worked the best for me. Everything was relatively random, so there was a wider variety of games being played.</mark>

AGREED. 100 percent

> And jipping <mark>a dozen games og lightning flag in a row</mark>, then getting banned for quitting… It’s not as if I had a vote of picking the gametype in any of the 12 games, seems a bit unfair…especially since lightning flag is similar to chinese bamboo torture…

Hyperbole, thy name is Rknb117.

I can’t find a streak any higher than 4.

> Even if they managed to fix JiP, <mark>who likes joining games late? I know I don’t.</mark>

I love having players drop-in to fill those gaps left by quitters. Who wouldn’t?

You know they’re updating it, right? Check the bulletin. At the very least, you will no longer be able to join games that are half over (score or time), along with a very small JIP window at the beginning of FFA playlist matches.

> > <mark>Everyone hates JIP, thats the general feeling anyway.</mark>
> >
> > Everyone thats in a game, that gets Jipped, it usually goes blackscreen, booting you half the time, etc, etc, and is unpleasant for everyone.
> >
> > And jipping a dozen games og lightning flag in a row, then getting banned for quitting… It’s not as if I had a vote of picking the gametype in any of the 12 games, seems a bit unfair…especially since lightning flag is similar to chinese bamboo torture…
> >
> > My solution is that you have a choice of maybe 3 games to JIP into, that way at least you have some sort of choice in game?
> >
> > And for the love of god, please bring back the “None of the above” option. We all miss that, it was the reroll if you like for map selection.
>
> Should I say where I stopped reading?

Just joined a game - blue team 710, red 640. Whoop de freaking doo. I had soo much fun losing during the last minuit of the match.

> You know they’re updating it, right? Check the bulletin. At the very least, you will no longer be able to join games that are half over (score or time), along with a very small JIP window at the beginning of FFA playlist matches.

Didn’t they say yesterday that it was updated? On the monday morning update it said they tweaked JIP to make it not suck as much. Obviously not.

Jip must die. Just. Die.

> I love having players drop-in to fill those gaps left by quitters. Who wouldn’t?

That is all well and good, for you. But when you are on the receiving end of it, how does it feel?

I love being put at a disadvantage because it makes me try even harder than usual, but normally in games where I have been JiP’d into my team seem to have given up. They can’t get out of their base, and it puts me into a horrible position where I can’t leave base without being killed or camp with a DMR which I hate even more.

I can’t see how JiP can be improved. Maybe I’m just too stubborn, but I prefer no JiP. Atleast you are rightly banned if you keep quitting. I’ve never had a 1 hour ban on Halo 4, but putting a quit ban on a game with JiP is foolish.

> > You know they’re updating it, right? Check the bulletin. At the very least, you will no longer be able to join games that are half over (score or time), along with a very small JIP window at the beginning of FFA playlist matches.
>
> Didn’t they say yesterday that it was updated? On the monday morning update it said they tweaked JIP to make it not suck as much. Obviously not.
>
> Jip must die. Just. Die.

Haha last part made me laugh!

Okay maybe not a dozen games in a row, but it sure felt like it…

They are harping on about having fixed it but they haven’t.
JIp’d a game yesterday and the score was 700 something…which is over the half way limit…so they haven’t fixed anything…

Hmm combination of Reach’s and Halo 3’s voting systems maybe.
Halo reach’s was too lenient if you like, where as Halo 3 was a bit strict in terms of choices.
Maybe two choices instead with a none of the above option?

JIP also bypasses the prefer good connection filter for myself constantly.

Halo 4 will often attempt to place me in games in progress on hosts that are 15024 kilometers (9336 miles) or more distant.

I find playing Halo 4 tedious as it often involves backing out when a high latency international host is selected.

I would play more Halo 4 if JIP was removed.

> > You know they’re updating it, right? Check the bulletin. At the very least, you will no longer be able to join games that are half over (score or time), along with a very small JIP window at the beginning of FFA playlist matches.
>
> Didn’t they say yesterday that it was updated? On the monday morning update it said they tweaked JIP to make it not suck as much. Obviously not.
>
> Jip must die. Just. Die.

Holy crap, I thought they just hadn’t done it yet.

Like almost everything 343 does, it would be a good idea if they did it right, they just keep not doing it right.