JIP is a failure...

It really needs to be fixed. I just had a CTF game where a teammate quit before the game started, so naturally this spot should take priority for JIP since the game hasn’t started right? Nope… We didn’t get another player at all during the entire match and obviously lost… This is where JIP fails. It’s fine to have someone join the game, but when everyone is put into games that are half over or near the end instead of games that just started it gets really frustrating. I know there are a million JIP threads, but if 343 sees them all maybe they’ll address it in the near future.

i posted this in another JIP this afternoon but that happens to me quite a bit and is really aggravating. two players will quit out and their slots will never be filled so my team is just down 2 guys for the entire match, and it doesnt matter how well i play, 3v5 against any decent team isnt fun and doesnt leave you much room to do anything.

I got to experience one of these awesome events also tonight, we were in a CTF in the forge test play list… we had a guy quit before the match started, NEVER GOT A REPLACEMENT, the other team had 8 guys on the roster when the match was over, meaning the freakin’ JIP put FOUR people on their team, but none on ours… not to mention the two matches I ended up being tossed into after that were CTF, down by 4-0… JIP fails 343, great job… go call IW or Treyarch, at least they got it down pretty good

Or, they could just trash the JIP deal so we don’t have this crap happening. The whole thing was a bad idea from the start.

Mine was on the Forge Test Playlist too. 4v3 CTF is impossible to win. Now slayer is another story. I really think JIP is good for objective gametypes, but it really needs some tweaking.

> Or, they could just trash the JIP deal so we don’t have this crap happening. The whole thing was a bad idea from the start.

See, that would be a good idea, but they also would need to make it so you can’t back out once voting has started. This is where a lot of people quit and one of the main reasons they have JIP. In Halo 2 and 3 you couldn’t quit once the match was set (until you were in game), and I think that’s the way it should be. It would help prevent people from quitting because they didn’t get the map they wanted.

Quitting was much worse than JIP. JIP needs to stay and people need to stop complaining about it.

> Quitting was much worse than JIP. JIP needs to stay and people need to stop complaining about it.

I agree JIP is the lesser of the 2 evils. Just wish there was an actual punishment for quiting and JIP didnt put you in a game that ends 2 seconds after you join.