JIP -GET RID OF IT or Add it to CSR Factors

So, recently I’ve been playing alot of infinity slayer compared to my usual CTF. And after about 5hrs of matchmaking, I have had an input, YES I got to vote, a whole 3 times for what map I played on. Now, if you say each game lasts what, 8mins on average? That’s 38 games in 5hrs, which means I voted for a map or joined a game at the start 2/38 times. Now personally, I am not a big fan of this.

And using common sense, and 36 games of being spawn killed/power weapon dominated, it has become quite evident that only people on the losing party tend to leave games, hence resulting in me joining the losing team. And the game’s aren’t normally close either, so winning or going 2/1, is out of the question.

What is worse however, is the fact that I do not believe, if you JIP, the games CSR ranking system takes no notice of this at all, so even if you join a game where your team is down 450/100, and you have litterally no chance of getting any kills, your CSR will still go down… Or I suppose you could leave the game, and again have your CSR penalized even more, so it seems to me as if you can have one of two things, if your not lucky enough to join at the start of a game; an average CSR, or an average K/D.

The only way I can see of getting a high K/D and CSR, would be to play in a part of 5 in slayer, but then your penalized again, if your team isn’t all roughly the same rank… Thanks to another CSR mechanic.

Opinions?

-7-

J.I.P. miserable!

As it stands no matter when you join, CSR assumes you were there from the beginning. I spoke w Quinn about this, they are aware of the issue. They are looking into making the JIP window much smaller (as in near the beginning or not at all) to compensate for the addition of CSR. It’s being looked at, rest assured.

> As it stands no matter when you join, CSR assumes you were there from the beginning. I spoke w Quinn about this, they are aware of the issue. They are looking into making the JIP window much smaller (as in near the beginning or not at all) to compensate for the addition of CSR. It’s being looked at, rest assured.

They should have done that before they released CSR, not after.

-7-

Regardless they are doing it. One of those things you want to see how it plays out. Decreasing the JIP window increases search times. Better to see things in action before doing that. People will complain one way or the other.

> Regardless they are doing it. One of those things you want to see how it plays out. Decreasing the JIP window increases search times. Better to see things in action before doing that. People will complain one way or the other.

where are you getting this information from? I’ve only ever read that this was happening to game types where CSR is based on team performance, not gametypes such as Infinity slayer, Swat, Multi Team etc.

-7-

"If you leave early once a match has started, it treats it as if you were the lowest rank in the match for the individual-scored playlists and as a loss on the team-scored playlists. Players that join in progress are currently treated as if they had played the entire match. That said, in our selected, more competitive playlists, there will be rules in place to mitigate the effect. Namely:

1. You can only join in progress during a small window of time in the beginning of the match, so those players will still have time to contribute meaningfully to the match.
  2. Friends are not allowed to join a game in progress. Only random players searching through Matchmaking can join during that 60-second window.

The rules for these playlists restrict the amount of noise from Join-in-Progress since that feature is only possible during the first few moments of the match. They also help improve the purity of CSR in these playlists. We plan on putting in these Join-in-Progress parameters as close to CSR launch as possible. " BS Angel

Halo Bulletin 4/3/13

If you read the whole thing you will notice it is only competitive playlists that these “rules” may apply, but not the fact that in other playlists, if you join a game, no matter at what time, you will be considered to be there for the whole game and ranked accordingly. I have been playing the DLC playlist mostly and am still getting dropped in close to the end of matches.
The key here is, “…as close to CSR launch as possible.” So like Noodie5 said they are looking at it. Patience is easier said then done.

It also might help to post some feedback in the War Games Feedback Thread this will help them see the scope of the problem, as well as all of us who are playing. Good luck, and don’t give up yet.