Jip a simple fix

Make it so you can join a game while waiting for the game to start AND (I can’t stress this enough) before someone get first strike. Once someone get first strike then people can’t join.

Reason: I don’t consider the match has started until someone get First strike.

Heres the problem. Even if you join 5 seconds after everyone else they still have 5 seconds of ahead start to the power weapons, uncontested power weapons. Changes the whole entire game and is unfair.

Heres the fix

  • Remove the ability to back out of a lobby (its been like that from h2-hr, why change it?)
  • Remove jip from everything except big team

Disagree with both of you.

Good riddance to the days of playing out games 2v4.

> Disagree with both of you.
>
> Good riddance to the days of playing out games 2v4.

I like your thinking brotha

> Disagree with both of you.
>
> Good riddance to the days of playing out games 2v4.

lol 100% wrong!!!

CTF match starts fair 4 vs. 4
Game beginns, aaaaaand the enemies get 1 more player while we have to wait the whole game for one more.

How fair is that?

And how fair is it if you get into a lost game where the enemies have 3 flag points and just slayering the other team?

JIP its the worst in Halo and it works 0% It takes the whole competitive gameplay out of Halo and gives more Black Screens than ever before.

I think you have no idea of Halo!

STOP BACK OUT LOBBIES

> > Disagree with both of you.
> >
> > Good riddance to the days of playing out games 2v4.
>
> lol 100% wrong!!!
>
> CTF match starts fair 4 vs. 4
> Game beginns, aaaaaand the enemies get 1 more player while we have to wait the whole game for one more.
>
> How fair is that?
>
> And how fair is it if you get into a lost game where the enemies have 3 flag points and just slayering the other team?
>
> JIP its the worst in Halo and it works 0% It takes the whole competitive gameplay out of Halo and gives more Black Screens than ever before.
>
> I think you have no idea of Halo!
>
> STOP BACK OUT LOBBIES

Really, I’m 100% wrong? I barely even made a statement. I certainly didn’t say anything is fair nor did I say that JIP works even 1% of the time, I merely showed my support for JIP. Meanwhile your post is nothing but opinion stated as though it’s absolute fact - of course, you’re always right I’m sure, so why shouldn’t everything you say be fact. I’m not going to waste my breath arguing with someone so ignorant.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members. This includes stat-flaming.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> > > Disagree with both of you.
> > >
> > > Good riddance to the days of playing out games 2v4.
> >
> > lol 100% wrong!!!
> >
> > CTF match starts fair 4 vs. 4
> > Game beginns, aaaaaand the enemies get 1 more player while we have to wait the whole game for one more.
> >
> > How fair is that?
> >
> > And how fair is it if you get into a lost game where the enemies have 3 flag points and just slayering the other team?
> >
> > JIP its the worst in Halo and it works 0% It takes the whole competitive gameplay out of Halo and gives more Black Screens than ever before.
> >
> > I think you have no idea of Halo!
> >
> > STOP BACK OUT LOBBIES
>
> Really, I’m 100% wrong? I barely even made a statement. I certainly didn’t say anything is fair nor did I say that JIP works even 1% of the time, I merely showed my support for JIP. Meanwhile your post is nothing but opinion stated as though it’s absolute fact - of course, you’re always right I’m sure, so why shouldn’t everything you say be fact. I’m not going to waste my breath arguing with someone so ignorant.

I just cant hear the people anymore that think JIP is a good thing

Its not a good riddance to 2 vs. 4 games cause it makes it even worse.

It is not a good thing and that IS a fact, not my opinion, it is a fact.

And maybe Im ignorant, but I had to laugh now, cause you have negative 1000 and a win rate of 40%. It looks like you dont play competitive, so of course you dont care about joining in a lost game.

What bugs me is joining Flood on the last round as Flood or joining a CTF game with 0-4 caps.

JiP is a double edged sword…problem is we get caught cutting ourselves more due to getting into so many late games because of all the quitters.

Join in progres is one of the best things.

Playing 1v4 is the worst thing that I remember from previous halo games.

Some people don’t quit games. They have bad connoction that break ups all the time.

All of you who says that JIP is bad thing I would let you to play only 1v4 so that you learn thing or too.

> Join in progres is one of the best things.
>
> Playing 1v4 is the worst thing that I remember from previous halo games.
>
> Some people don’t quit games. They have bad connoction that break ups all the time.
>
> All of you who says that JIP is bad thing I would let you to play only 1v4 so that you learn thing or too.

I’ve played 1v4 WITH 2 afk teammates for the entire game. I did well, went positive but lost due to them farming my two afks.

Everytime a 4th joined they quit. Didn’t bother me though, one less person to give them kills. With just myself I only lost by about 10 kills.

> > Join in progres is one of the best things.
> >
> > Playing 1v4 is the worst thing that I remember from previous halo games.
> >
> > Some people don’t quit games. They have bad connoction that break ups all the time.
> >
> > All of you who says that JIP is bad thing I would let you to play only 1v4 so that you learn thing or too.
>
> I’ve played 1v4 WITH 2 afk teammates for the entire game. I did well, went positive but lost due to them farming my two afks.
>
> Everytime a 4th joined they quit. Didn’t bother me though, one less person to give them kills. With just myself I only lost by about 10 kills.

Imagine it had literally been 1v4 (rather than 2 afkers hogging spots), personally if I was you I’d rather have the spots filled (although I have also had fun games in the past playing solo against a team so I appreciate what you’re saying), but equally if I was one of the players on the other team I’d have wanted to see the spots filled because playing 4v1 (as opposed to 1v4) is boring as hell.

> Heres the problem. Even if you join 5 seconds after everyone else they still have 5 seconds of ahead start to the power weapons, uncontested power weapons. <mark>Changes the whole entire game and is unfair.</mark>
>
> Heres the fix
>
> - Remove the ability to back out of a lobby (its been like that from h2-hr, why change it?)
> - Remove jip from everything except big team

Because having a game where over half of your team quits is extremely fair…

JiP works great in CoD because CoD doesn’t have any weapons or vehicles on map to control. Everything you can use in CoD spawns on the player. That’s why in Halo 4, JiP works better in gametypes like SWAT and Team Snipers.

JiP is very much related to quitting penalties:
-Halo 4 has no quit penalties.
-Therefore, people quit often.
-JiP was implemented to fill the holes left by all the quitters.
-By the time holes are filled, the other team has map control.

As you can see, JiP is mostly broken due to the lack of quit penalties. If you’re losing, why complete the last 2/5/10 minutes of that match? That’s time you could spend winning a different match. There is no reward for finishing the match (aside from XP) and no punishment for leaving it. These players are the ones who create the holes that JiP plugs players into.

Add a reasonable quit penalty like in Halo 3 and JiP will be mostly fixed.

> JiP works great in CoD because CoD doesn’t have any weapons or vehicles on map to control. Everything you can use in CoD spawns on the player. That’s why in Halo 4, JiP works better in gametypes like SWAT and Team Snipers.
>
> JiP is very much related to quitting penalties:
> <mark>-Halo 4 has no quit penalties.</mark>
> -Therefore, people quit often.
> -JiP was implemented to fill the holes left by all the quitters.
> -By the time holes are filled, the other team has map control.
>
> As you can see, JiP is mostly broken due to the lack of quit penalties. If you’re losing, why complete the last 2/5/10 minutes of that match? That’s time you could spend winning a different match. There is no reward for finishing the match (aside from XP) and no punishment for leaving it. These players are the ones who create the holes that JiP plugs players into.
>
> Add a reasonable quit penalty like in Halo 3 and JiP will be mostly fixed.

I thought I heard somewhere that if you leave enough games you get banned from MM for 1 hour. I can’t say that from personal experience though, because I only leave a game when it’s extremely laggy.

There is a quit penalty. Quit enough and you get a 60 minute ban. The quit penalty in Halo 3 didn’t work either. It just created negative XP boosters. Instead of penalizing people for quitting how about giving players some incentive to actually stay in the game.

> There is a quit penalty. Quit enough and you get a 60 minute ban. The quit penalty in Halo 3 didn’t work either. It just created negative XP boosters. Instead of penalizing people for quitting how about giving players some incentive to actually stay in the game.

Everyone says that but what do you suggest? XP wouldn’t work, even with a never ending ranking system, people just wouldnt care about a progressive ranking system enough.

I can’t see how incentives would work, if there are decent suggestions about I’d like to hear them though.

There is the 60 minute ban but whenever someone on here is complaining that they’ve been banned they’ve usually quit like 8 of the last 10 games, finally punishing someone after 8 quits really isn’t going to help - its like having a sign up in your shop that says “Shoplifters will be prosecuted when caught for the 8th time”, people are going to constantly steal. There should be a penalty every game, if we had visible ranks in game I’d suggest a hefty docking of their rank.

> I thought I heard somewhere that if you leave enough games you get banned from MM for 1 hour. I can’t say that from personal experience though, because I only leave a game when it’s extremely laggy.

> There is a quit penalty. Quit enough and you get a 60 minute ban. The quit penalty in Halo 3 didn’t work either. It just created negative XP boosters. Instead of penalizing people for quitting how about giving players some incentive to actually stay in the game.

Those bans still require too many quits and aren’t long enough in duration. Regardless, I still think Halo 3’s were superior because they impacted your Service Record. In Halo 3, your Service Record showed total games played and EXP earned. Since every victory counted as 1 EXP, it was kinda like a win/loss ratio (not including 0 EXP Action Sack playlist and Double EXP Weekend playlist matches, of course). Since each quit was -2 EXP, your perceived win/loss ratio goes down if you quit.

In Halo 3, negative EXP boosting was useless and I still don’t get why people did it. You were matched based on your highest ranked skill, so as long as you never played in any ranked playlists (or kept your skill rank below 10), you could play in social playlists against all of the noobs you wanted. This wouldn’t affect Halo 4 the same way because all of the playlists are ranked, so you’d eventually get to your skill level anyway.

Even if I’m wrong, Halo 4’s JiP problems created by habitual quitters are much more prevalent and frustrating than negative EXP boosters and derankers were ever in previous Halos. Halo 4’s current system doesn’t just allow people with bogus accounts (derankers and boosters) to play unsportsmanlike, but those with legit accounts as well. Perfect systems don’t exist; only superior ones.

And yet there were just as many quitters in Halo 3 as there was in Halo 2, Reach, and 4. I see no more and no less.

> Everyone says that but what do you suggest? XP wouldn’t work, even with a never ending ranking system, people just wouldnt care about a progressive ranking system enough.
>
> I can’t see how incentives would work, if there are decent suggestions about I’d like to hear them though.

Aside from offering people money for not quitting I just don’t see a way. Maybe offer up some sort of avatar item or armor/weapon skin if you have less than X amount of quits in a month. But then you have people that hardly play that get free stuff for doing nothing. There just isn’t a solution other than playing with friends that don’t quit. There will always be an abundance of quitters.

> > There is a quit penalty. Quit enough and you get a 60 minute ban. The quit penalty in Halo 3 didn’t work either. It just created negative XP boosters. Instead of penalizing people for quitting how about giving players some incentive to actually stay in the game.
>
> Everyone says that but what do you suggest? XP wouldn’t work, even with a never ending ranking system, people just wouldnt care about a progressive ranking system enough.
>
> <mark>I can’t see how incentives would work, if there are decent suggestions about I’d like to hear them though.</mark>
>
>
> There is the 60 minute ban but whenever someone on here is complaining that they’ve been banned they’ve usually quit like 8 of the last 10 games, finally punishing someone after 8 quits really isn’t going to help - its like having a sign up in your shop that says “Shoplifters will be prosecuted when caught for the 8th time”, people are going to constantly steal. There should be a penalty every game, if we had visible ranks in game I’d suggest a hefty docking of their rank.

There could be a commendation for completing games/having a certain amount of games in a row with out leaving. The first one could maybe max out at 5k or 10k completed games and the second one could be you move up the commendation every 10 games with no DNFs.

> And yet there were just as many quitters in Halo 3 as there was in Halo 2, Reach, and 4. I see no more and no less.

Lol, no way! In Halo 4, almost every single game has at least one quitter. Compare the number of players that appear in the player list at the end of the match (when it says Victory or Defeat) with the number that appear on the post-game stats. The latter almost always shows more players because it also shows players who’ve quit, whereas the former only shows players who’ve quit and haven’t been replaced by JiP.

Quitting happened a lot more often in Halo 2 and Halo 3 than I would’ve liked, but there were also plenty of games where no one quit.

> There could be a commendation for completing games/having a certain amount of games in a row with out leaving. The first one could maybe max out at 5k or 10k completed games and the second one could be you move up the commendation every 10 games with no DNFs.

And then once the player gets that Commendation/reward/etc., they can quit as much as they want. And some players won’t even care about it because being able to quit without punishing themselves is much more of a reward than a Commendation, XP, emblem, armor permutation, or weapon skin.