Jetpacks dont make you fly in Halo 4

According to the new OXM instead the give you an increased boost while jumping. Much better than the jetpacks because it does not break maps now.

link plz, if this is true, you hheard it from me 3 months ago :stuck_out_tongue:

> link plz, if this is true, you hheard it from me 3 months ago :stuck_out_tongue:

There is no link just someone on Bungies forums said it.

dont believe it until you see it my friend

Just found this srry

http://halo.xbox.com/Forums/yaf_postsm965683_So-I-m-reading-the-US-OXM-for-June-2012.aspx?find=unread#post965478

I hope you’re right!

im ok with it…

We will see at E3

But 343i said they were fixing alot of the problems with AA’s maybe this will help out …

Sounds better

> According to the new OXM instead the give you an increased boost while jumping. Much better than the jetpacks because it does not break maps now.

You don’t know that it still isn’t a gamebreaker

> > According to the new OXM instead the give you an increased boost while jumping. Much better than the jetpacks because it does not break maps now.
>
> You don’t know that it still isn’t a gamebreaker

If you read the link in the earlier post apparently when you jet-pack you only go 3-4 times higher than a normal jump, as well as having no grenade accuracy, reduced accuracy with weapons and no distance with melee. once your back on the ground and steadied will this handicap stop.
I think jet-pack will help you get up stairs quicker than walking and that’s about it.

Still a massive crutch that I don’t want in Halo.

What like a miniature version of the Brute Jump pack

Dear thank god! This is essentially a jump pack then.

Thank you 343i, thank you. Armor ability doubts are gone!

> Still a massive crutch that I don’t want in Halo.

Is it within your power to take it out? No. That isnt your decision to make.

Rather than destroy, come up with ways to CHANGE to make BETTER, so it works for EVERYONE.

That is all.

> What like a miniature version of the Brute Jump pack

Thats what I think h4 jet pack will be (albeit with a much smaller jump height)

I do kinda like the idea of a boost more than a Jet Pack… but I wouldn’t have made the call that it wont break maps.

Besides, I would argue that it’s the map that’s broken, not the jet pack.

> > Still a massive crutch that I don’t want in Halo.
>
> Is it within your power to take it out? No. That isnt your decision to make.
>
> Rather than destroy, come up with ways to CHANGE to make BETTER, so it works for EVERYONE.
>
> That is all.

Well that’s not in my power either so I may as well not say anything.

With the new button layout that would probably be the substitute for crouch jump and grenade jumps. I really hope it will be possible to create a custom layout.

I would prefer it.

If this is true then holy god, yes! Why didn’t you just come out and say so from the start, 343, and we would have been cool again?

If this works as a substitute for grenade jumps, then it will be great.