Jetpack: map pickup & warzone req (DLC)

This idea is solely not a spawn option and only intended as a REQ or Map pick-up like OS or invis. So just to clarify im not talking about bringing it back for everyone to spawn with like it was in reach.

Now 343i said that anything is possible to be added in h5 as DLC if the demand is there. So who wouldnt want a jet pack that was a map pick up? Why wouldnt you want a jetpack that you could spend req points on but you couldnt spawn with every time like in reach.
I think if the jet pack was in h5 that if it had better control and was faster then it could be very useful in getting places faster or strafing from gunshots.

Would you like to see the jetpack in halo 5?

I wouldnt care if it was in warzone, but no way should it be in standard multiplayer again. Its suppose to be an Arena based shooter again so everyone should be outfitted with the same abilities.

The jetpack should be abolished.

> 2533274811334140;2:
> I wouldnt care if it was in warzone, but no way should it be in standard multiplayer again. Its suppose to be an Arena based shooter again so everyone should be outfitted with the same abilities.

Did you even read lol. I said as a map pick-up. Thats like a power weapon or power-up like OS. I dont think anyone would want it to where everyone spawned with it lol. I’m just talking about it as if it was a pick-up or req option.

It wouldn’t be to bad as a req option

I agree, I think some Armor Abilities should be back in just for Customs or something.

I doubt it’d be as fun to only be able to edit the Ground Pound, Dash, and Hover abilities.

Putting aside the bitter taste in my mouth from its previous appearances, I don’t see how the jetpack could work in H5. In terms of mapping abilities, where would yet another ability fit on the controller?

In terms of gameplay, it wouldn’t offer much for combat (rising into the air while shooting down is predictable and uninteresting) or navigation (maps are designed with trick maneuvers in mind, so a jetpack would just make things simpler).

We finally got rid of the jetpack, keep it that way.

> 2533274875412897;3:
> The jetpack should be abolished.

I agree with this. Adding a jetpack opens up more glitch type spots that were not supposed to be a problem, and it really doesn’t help with anything in actual gameplay other than going vertical. And unless you are getting on top of something that someone without a jetpack can’t, then it is useless

It does nothing but break maps.

> 2535440283237581;7:
> Putting aside the bitter taste in my mouth from its previous appearances, I don’t see how the jetpack could work in H5. In terms of mapping abilities, where would yet another ability fit on the controller?
>
> In terms of gameplay, it wouldn’t offer much for combat (rising into the air while shooting down is predictable and uninteresting) or navigation (maps are designed with trick maneuvers in mind, so a jetpack would just make things simpler).

Also both of these points make perfect sense. I forgot to add the controller part to mine but that would be another problem. I’m pretty sure the controller is pretty much maxed out already

We didnt ask for it in Reach, we didnt ask for it in 4, we shouldnt be asking for it now.

Maybe. I’d rather see certain power ups return like the bubble shield (but make it destroyable like it is in Reach)

The abomination known as the jetpack should never return to halo. Easy targets, laughable map breaking, and just casual scrub galore. It along with armor lock are dead for a reason. Thanks for playing!

I severly doubt a spartan ability would be added in a REQ pack.

The 22nd Battalion TRC

As someone who abused the jetpack in both Reach and 4, jetpack should never come back. Throws the whole balance of the game out of whack.

Jetpacks caused more problems than anything, nor did it add anything creative and used for real tactics other than flying up. Keep jetpack out, as it doesn’t add any real depth and or skill to the game.

> 2533274836143427;16:
> Jetpacks caused more problems than anything, nor did it add anything creative and used for real tactics other than flying up. Keep jetpack out, as it doesn’t add any real depth and or skill to the game.

Armor Lock would be worse than anything

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion. The 22nd Battalion TRC

I hate the jetpack for MP, love it in single player. Jet pack creates drastic changes to lines of sight, which are dysfunctional to the MP playing spaces. It only promote chaotic randomness, and completely ruins the ebb and flow of trying to control lines of sight with your enemy.

No.

all you guys make it sound like everyone will have it and that it will break the game. im talking about it being a neutral map pick-up equipment. If its in arena then all it would be is a power weapon that people fight over or if its in warzone then its just something that would add more depth to the multiplayer. Think of it like people having to spend like 6 req points to use a jetpack. its not op since you have to earn it and not everyone would have it.