Jetpack is sooo nerfed it's rediculous..

I’ll admit, I loved the jetpack in Reach, I was really good with it and found it incredibly useful in most situations, however, in Halo 4, I find it almost useless. While I agree that, in Reach, you were allowed to go a bit too high with it, in Halo 4, you can’t go high enough. When it’s difficult to get on a ledge that’s 15-20 feet above you, or less…that’s a problem. It runs out of juice way too quickly, and escaping from a battle to a platform above you is usually near impossible.

Anyone agree they need to buff it just a tiny bit? Don’t necessarily make it like Reach, but a happy medium would be nice.

its good where its at

the reasons you stated were why the jetpack was nerfed. It was a game breaking AA

Sorry, bud. Believe it or not, a lot of people here think it’s still not nerfed enough, and won’t be until it boosts you only about, oh, an inch or so.

No.

if you got what u want then the forums will be full of people screaming “JETPACK IS OP HALO IS DEAD 343 IS BAD!!!1!!!1!!!11111!” some people are really that overeactive…

Well, to be blunt: The jetpack was map breaking in Halo: Reach. If the jetpack was how it was in Reach, myself and many others would probably not play this game.

People didn’t like the Jetpack because they were terrible at dealing with it, it’s not OP in any way in Halo Reach, and it is extremely useless is Halo 4. People whine because they don’t want to have any actual skill while playing the game, they’d prefer a small range in which they have auto aim to help assist their shots so that a monkey with one arm missing wouldn’t miss a shot. It’s sad really.

Why not remove all the AA altogether?

I think they are all useless anyway, all are nerfed compared to Reach and the new AA are idiotic.

That’s odd. When Reach came out, I didn’t hear a single cry for a Jetpack nerf, just armor lock. Everyone wanted Armor Lock nerfed and bloom fixed and no one really complained about anything else.

I guess b.net and waypoint are two different worlds.

> it’s not OP in any way in Halo Reach, and it is extremely useless is Halo 4. People whine because they don’t want to have any actual skill while playing the game

I… I can’t believe I just read that…

> its good where its at

^

They fixed it, its fine.

This game is NOT REACH
This game is NOT REACH
This game is NOT REACH
This game is NOT REACH
This game is NOT REACH
This game is NOT REACH
This game is NOT REACH
This game is NOT REACH
This game is NOT REACH
This game is NOT REACH
This game is NOT REACH

Reach was garbage! There is a reason 50% of the player base is CoD fan boys now. Reached almost if not did kill halo. Jet packs, Shield, vision. There should be no Armor ability’s in this game. STOP CRYING FOR THEM OR ABOUT THEM!

…It now allows a player limited boost so they can reach heights faster, move around the map faster, and decrease fall damage from heights, as is intended. Unlike reach, you can no longer hover with it in mid air, and it will die on you a bit faster than before. I see it as perfectly balanced now, as there will no longer be battles with people flying around the map randomly. The jetpack now serves its intended role, and only allows you to move to higher places on a map faster.

Take exile for instance. lets say the banshee spawned, and you go for it. you have 2 options. either A: go all the way around through the caves to get up, possibly losing it by then, or B: jetpack up there, saving 10 seconds and getting the banshee much faster. this is a good scenario in which the jetpack was created for. This is all in needs to be able to do, and most people are happy about the changes that the jetpack have received.

Is is perfect just like it is right now.

I use it a lot in smaller maps, it lets you move between levels with ease.

The jetpack in Reach took no skill to use and had no downfalls. We dont need that -Yoink- back ever.

Jet pack was the worst outside of armor lock.

I think it’s great. No more map breaking halo fairies flying around. Now they get what they deserve, a quick death for making a bad choice of flying up in the air to a stupid controlled spot of enemies.

No more of this reach issue of the jetpack completely ruining map control and being able to fly to the moon anymore.

I personally like it where it is at. I know that’s not what you want to hear, but I have an idea for you. Go onto a map that you have a hard time using the jetpack on and practice making that jump until you get it. One example would be to go onto Solace and practice jumping onto the ledge where the sniper rifle spawns. Work on combining the jump and the activation of the jetpack to figure out the best time to achieve optimal vertical velocity.

Just an idea. I hope this helps you!

> I think it’s great. No more map breaking halo fairies flying around. Now they get what they deserve, a quick death for making a bad choice of flying up in the air to a stupid controlled spot of enemies.
>
> No more of this reach issue of the jetpack completely ruining map control and being able to fly to the moon anymore.

By the way, these halo fairies to which you refer are called wizards, They’re the same people who use an MAV to get to the top of a building in Battlefield 3.