Jetpack is BROKEN and always was

Armour abilities were one thing I never was a fan of from Halo reach. When they came back for Halo 4 I really didn’t want to see the Jetpack there. Sadly they have brought it back, and it breaks maps just as badly as in Reach. Yes I use the Jetpack, It’s almost the only armour ability I use but that’s because it has much greater potential for almost every map compared to other abilities.

I would like to see it removed but that isn’t going to happen. All it does is break maps. The whole idea of maps having a specific ‘layout’, to promote certain routes or to have shortcuts across the map at the risk of a lack of cover, is ruined by Jetpack being able to shortcut to anywhere and by-pass the maps design.

I remember hearing one of the developers talking about how jetpack was kept in mind while developing maps, obviously they didn’t think about it enough. Yes it was nerfed from Halo Reach, but it still has more than enough boost to get anywhere you want. You will struggle to find a ledge or building you can’t Jetpack up to from below.

Thanks for reading if you bothered;
Feel free to post your opinions and tell me what you think about Jetpack!

You really think it gives a greater advantage than full camo?

The jet pack is the just dumb. It breaks the whole mold of Halo. It gives you nothing but head shots as you "fly"over your opponent and gives you easy access to areas on the map that you probably shouldn’t have. In my opinion it needs taken out.

I know I can use it but I don’t as I find it cheap. There should be no AA that gives your the ability to get to places that no other AA can reach. Just like the DMR is the go to weapon right now it seems that the jet pack is the go to AA followed close by Invisibility.

It doesn’t break maps as nearly as bad as halo reach. I have yet to see a single video where someone abuses soft kill zones with JP in halo 4.

I dislike JP as well but atleast its not as bad as reach.

Yes, you are more likely to keep your teammates alive using jetpack. Try providing air support to all your teammates with camo… Not gonna happen.

Keeping your team alive means assist, in other words your team will get ordinance faster.

Yes, full camo is similar to Reach, but has been nerfed slightly. If you aim at the player while using camo their name tag will appear above them in red, they have to be moving very slowly for it to be “full camo”, if you are in close proximity you can easily tell they are near from the radar as opposed to Reach where there was red dots everywhere, now they are blue. So yes it’s alright, but honestly it doesn’t compare to Jetpack.

The main perk of Camo is hiding at the back of the map and camping with a sniper. But i have played people using this strategy and accidentally put my reticle over them and their name pops up so you know where they are anyway.

This sounds like a butt-hurt rant to me.

Both the jet pack and active camo are awful AAs.

Camo should be an on map pick up, H3 style.

I wouldn’t mind a jet pack pick up. With something like limited usage it could work quite well.

Jetpack users are nowhere near as cheesy and annoying as Camo users are. They think camo crouching the entire match takes skill. I despise camo users, too bad I can’t -Yoink!- them like I did armor lockers when I killed them in Reach since they won’t see it.

Another jetpack thread… I’m with ya OP, Jetpack destroys map flow but there are several well execute threads about this very subject already.
DOWN WITH THE JETPACK!
see what i did there… i’m terrible

Jetpack isn’t ‘broken’. When I see jetpack people, they are easy targets, just flying in the air and such… Basically jetpack is like a super jump. They fixed it from reach so you can’t hover which made it much better for equal gameplay.

Daniel Mc HeADs care to actually post something useful or intelligent instead of trying to get into an argument for no reason? Maybe your opinion?

MaTaio98: You are missing the point, im not saying its overpowered because people fly high with it to get easy headshots, i’m saying how it effects flow of maps, and most of the time it can be used without leaving yourself in an open position. I do agree that it makes people a clear and easy target though if used poorly.

LOL butt-hurt, oh the classics

Anywho normally I don’t take a definitive stand but this is actually one thing I will agree with completely. The jet pack at the core changes the entire game. I wont say it breaks the game like some things…I’m looking at you big(bolt)shot(love the bolt shot actually _ though even I admit it’s cheap lol). So many maps just CANT be used because you can jet pack on top of things. The type of maps that are brought out all have to be mindful now of the jet pack. Certain places have to be roofed in or walls even higher, death barriers added just because of this ONE ability that honestly, like armor lock should have be axed and not added to the game.

I loved when there was map control of certain locations, you could get height advantage and guarded the paths up and fought as they tried to take it form you and once you did you fought to get it back. Like a tug of war of sorts. Sometimes there might be a sick jump(not to hard but like the quick jump from top mid to s3 on lockout or even guardian). These jumps came with risks and rewards. You could get the drop on the other team with them OR you could fall to your death if you messed up. However with the jet pack that dynamic is almost completely gone. Why not just jet back over or all the way up no mess no chances.Say On abandon, your sitting ring one and want to move up but they’re guarding the lift? Not a problem grab your jet pack and jet all the way up to ring 4 instantly, Doing it big… :<.

Oh and as for invis…honestly that should have just been an ordnance drop just like damage boost speed boost and over shield.

I’d rather fight against a jet packer than someone using the regen field. None of them bother me too much though.

Jetpack broken?

No man. Even in Reach all it did was make you a huge target. Now in H4, its barely being used at all. And when it does get used, it doesn’t give you that much of an advantage.

The complete invisibility of Invisibility is a far greater concern. That AA is killing Ragnarok for instance.

Jetpackers are sniper bait IMO.

> I loved when there was map control of certain locations, you could get height advantage and guarded the paths up and fought as they tried to take it form you and once you did you fought to get it back. Like a tug of war of sorts. Sometimes there might be a sick jump(not to hard but like the quick jump from top mid to s3 on lockout or even guardian). These jumps came with risks and rewards. You could get the drop on the other team with them OR you could fall to your death if you messed up. However with the jet pack that dynamic is almost completely gone. Why not just jet back over or all the way up no mess no chances.Say On abandon, your sitting ring one and want to move up but they’re guarding the lift? Not a problem grab your jet pack and jet all the way up to ring 4 instantly, Doing it big… :<.

This is what is missing in Halo 4, it’s just camping on larger maps and jetpacking around structures on smaller maps, the whole idea of map control is gone because you get personal ordinance and jetpack to by-pass objects.

Luckily camping hasn’t been to big of an issue just yet, but camo camping on big maps like Ragnarok can be effective and mix that with personal ordinance drops (which i also hate) makes camping a very effective ‘strategy’.