Jetpack in Arena Must Go.

It’s incredibly unbalanced and outpowers Sprint. Please get rid of it, it does not belong in what is supposed to be a fair/balanced/competitive playlist. People exploit it to get on top of maps/way up in corners that by the time you realize where you are being shot from, it’s too late.

Thanks,

-poppin

I agree. Jetpack doesn’t belong in a competetive environment.

They should just get rid of loadouts/AA’s all together and put back powerups.

Sprint is just as dumb as jetpack and doesn’t belong in a game with such long kill times.

I agree.

> They should just get rid of loadouts/AA’s all together and put back powerups.
>
> Sprint is just as dumb as jetpack and doesn’t belong in a game with such long kill times.

I’m cool with Sprint, if everyone has it then it’s “fair”. Hologram is pointless, but if people want to use that, go for it.

I’m sick sick of “sprinting” and hiding, and someone flies vertically and avoids the barriers of the map to kill me. It’s ridiculous. Specifically on the Forge levels it’s out of control.

> > They should just get rid of loadouts/AA’s all together and put back powerups.
> >
> > Sprint is just as dumb as jetpack and doesn’t belong in a game with such long kill times.
>
> I’m cool with Sprint, if everyone has it then it’s “fair”. Hologram is pointless, but if people want to use that, go for it.
>
> I’m sick sick of “sprinting” and hiding, and someone flies vertically and avoids the barriers of the map to kill me. It’s ridiculous. Specifically on the Forge levels it’s out of control.

Its fair, but its not conducive to smooth gameplay within the confines of a Halo’s game. There is no need for a “oh -Yoink-! get me out of here” button in a game where where the majority of your health regenerates and it takes 2 and a half seconds to kill.

In H2/H3 if someone was FLYING it was a MOD and their IP was banned permanently. Why? Because it’s NOT FAIR. I don’t care if it’s in the social playlists where casuals think it’s fun to fly around, but get it out of the ONE playlist us competitive players have.

Why just Arena? Every playlist needs to get rid of that -Yoink- AA.

> Why just Arena? Every playlist needs to get rid of that Yoink! AA.

I don’t mind it so much in other playlists. All I ever use is Sprint, and in a “social” game chaos with AA’s is fine. But in a competive game, being able to perch up in the very top corner of the map and overlook it all is completely unbalanced/unfair.

I totally agree, especially since we have the 85% bloom the DMR is a more deadly weapon, and jetpack gives height advantages and makes map control unstable and meaningless.

Haha good ol derp packs in Arena. Hm they annoy me in regular playlists too. Allows teams easy ring 2 control on Sanct and also allows players to not only manipulate soft kills, but also thorw 100 percent accurate nukes without penalty.

Don’t even get started on Reflection which i refuse to call Ivory Tower for Reflection is a shadow of the same. However, this does not take away the insane skill possessed by top Onyx players because they can poop on without derp packs, it’s just that its abused because it’s there and really doesn’t make for good gameplay. Maybe good joke or something but that’s about it, which really doesn’t help Reach.

Derp.

Every competitive player agrees and has agreed since the jet pack was put in. Bungie didn’t care. 343 doesn’t care.

I was a hardcore Arena player and even I’ve finished waiting. I wouldn’t go back to Arena no matter how they fixed it now.

Instead of implementing a fix that would take one day at most 343 lost another bunch of players. No big deal, right?

I’m praying they are going to change it for next season. As this season only has around 20 days left, so they might as well let it run it’s course.

*I can not WAIT to see how bad the “top Onyx” players are when they can’t Jet-Pack

it would be good if the TU made the JP less powerfull like if you had 150 grav on with out having to put 150 grav on becuase that would ruin jumping and what not for non jpers

I played a game against a a full party who was using Jet Pack in Uncaged, what a frustrating experience. Total map control, spawn killing, it was ridiculous, I really do hope Halo 4 doesn’t have the AA’s/

So is Arena zero bloom yet?

The MLG playlist has the best settings

> It’s incredibly unbalanced and outpowers Sprint. Please get rid of it, it does not belong in what is supposed to be a fair/balanced/competitive playlist. People exploit it to get on top of maps/way up in corners that by the time you realize where you are being shot from, it’s too late.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -poppin

I disagree with you. All AA’s need to be removed from arena AND every other playlist too

to be completely honest, this thread is a waste of time.

jet pack has been a laughable inclusion to every single arena season it has been implemented in. feedback against this laughable inclusion is wide spread, and rampant. not only that, every single competitive player agrees its a complete and total joke for it to ever see the light of day in a ‘competitive’ playlist.

does anything happen?

no.

will anything happen?

probably not.

you’d probably have better luck removing jet pack from arena by throwing rocks into a pond than wasting the time that hundreds of people have already wasted trying to formulate even the most solid argument ever on the forums.

> to be completely honest, this thread is a waste of time.
>
> **

and that’s why I don’t post here anymore…

> to be completely honest, this thread is a waste of time.
>
> jet pack has been a laughable inclusion to every single arena season it has been implemented in. feedback against this laughable inclusion is wide spread, and rampant. not only that, every single competitive player agrees its a complete and total joke for it to ever see the light of day in a ‘competitive’ playlist.
>
> does anything happen?
>
> no.
>
> will anything happen?
>
> probably not.
>
> you’d probably have better luck removing jet pack from arena by throwing rocks into a pond than wasting the time that hundreds of people have already wasted trying to formulate even the most solid argument ever on the forums.

I’d be willing to bet it will be removed after this season.