Jetpack Fuel

Remember in Halo 2 how there was the Rocket Launcher on maps and Rocket Launcher ammo on maps? What if all players spawned with a Jetpack but must pick up Fuel, located on the map as pick ups, before the Jetpack can be used. Using the Jetpack will drain the fuel.

Thoughts?

nah, i dont really like jetpacks anyway

You really want those jetpacks in the game … I can admit i can live with this idea, but i rather not have it. There should only be 1 or 2 fuels cans on the map and they should spawn every 3 minute.

Or just make the jetpack spawn on the map…

Jetpacks ruin the game.

No jetpacks. It’s almost impossible to design a map that cannot be exploited by jetpacks.

I’m sorry, but all of your posts and ideas are TERRIBLE. Please just let the true fans post for now on.

>jetpacks in H4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lITBGjNEp08

> I’m sorry, but all of your posts and ideas are TERRIBLE. Please just let the true fans post for now on.

Stop being an -Yoink-, you don’t get to decide who is a “true fan”.

> >jetpacks in H4
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lITBGjNEp08
>
>
>
> > I’m sorry, but all of your posts and ideas are TERRIBLE. Please just let the true fans post for now on.
>
> Stop being an -Yoink!-, you don’t get to decide who is a “true fan”.

LOL whatever. His posts are (I’m not gonna say un-Halo) crap! They post ideas of totally awful ideas. Would you like these in Halo 4:

Whip
Torch

If so, go away. Now.

Whip would be pretty cool, but no stunning … I hate standing still, and moving slow in halo game. :slight_smile: The whip should kill in 2 hits. First take 51% of shield, and then kill. The whip should be a close combat weapon, but you should be able to kill from longer distances than the sword. So if there was a whip against a hammer, shotgun or sword and they were far away from each other the whip would win, if they were close, the sword, hammer, and shotgun would win.

If the Jetpack returns it needs to stay the hell away from most the MM playlists.

It can be fun to use but it cannot be part of the core mechanics like it is in Reach.

> LOL whatever. His posts are (I’m not gonna say un-Halo) crap! They post ideas of totally awful ideas. Would you like these in Halo 4:
>
> Whip
> Torch
>
> If so, go away. Now.

I never said his ideas were good (most of them really aren’t though), you’re just acting like a -Yoink-.

As for whips and torches, I’ll stick to guns, swords, hammers and orbital strike weapons, thank you very much.

But please 343, leave the target locater campaign only if you do bring it back.

No AAs.

or, what if players spawned with sprint and had to pick up AA?

> I’m sorry, but all of your posts and ideas are TERRIBLE. Please just let the true fans post for now on.

wow. youre a bad person. and your bad at reach.

> Whip would be pretty cool, but no stunning … I hate standing still, and moving slow in halo game. :slight_smile: The whip should kill in 2 hits. First take 51% of shield, and then kill. The whip should be a close combat weapon, but you should be able to kill from longer distances than the sword. So if there was a whip against a hammer, shotgun or sword and they were far away from each other the whip would win, if they were close, the sword, hammer, and shotgun would win.

Thank you for this. I enjoy reading creative ideas.

As for just putting Jetpack as a map pick up: Once you picked up the Jetpack you would have unlimited recharging fuel. I want to avoid that by using fuel to meter Jetpack usage. The idea is not to remove Jetpack but make it balanced. Moving in 3 dimensions is nice.

> You really want those jetpacks in the game … I can admit i can live with this idea, but i rather not have it. There should only be 1 or 2 fuels cans on the map and they should spawn every 3 minute.

You read my mind.

No Jetpacks! Grav lifts were <mark>so</mark> much better.

> No Jetpacks! Grav lifts were <mark>so</mark> much better.

Isn’t a one-time-use Jetpack very similar to a Grav Lift?