Jet-packs in H4 and Reach

In Reach, most of the AAs won’t allow you to fire your weapon. Sprint, evade, armor lock… You’re not invisible when firing, you can’t fire out of the bubble shield… You see where this is going. Why can you fire while using the Jet-pack?
Don’t go all “cause spartans are cool like that” on me, I’m talking pure gameplay.
Do you think a player using the jet pack should be able to fire their gun?

Um, you can shoot when you use hologram and Cloak.

> Um, you can shoot when you use hologram and Cloak.

If you fire while using a hologram, it will be immediately obvious which is player and which is a holo. While firing using cloak, you’re visible as a car on the roof of your house.

> Do you think a player using the jet pack should be able to fire their gun?

Yes…yes, I do.

better than jet packs would be like short bursts of air almost like a super bounce to prevent people from flying as high as they can and getting raped

Yes as it is unfair to have more disadvantages than advantages for the jetpack. The thing is pretty balanced the way it is.

> Yes as it is unfair to have more disadvantages than advantages for the jetpack. The thing is pretty balanced the way it is.

The jetpack in reach is completely unbalanced. If you are not using jetpack, you’re putting yourself at a disadvantage. I am disgusted that they are brining it back for halo 4, but I agree you shouldn’t be Abe to shoot and use it

I agree, the jetpack was completely unbalanced in Reach, the only redeeming part of it was that most people who had no idea how to shoot or play the game at all used it. However if a skilled player does use jetpack against other skilled players that are using sprint or such then more than most of the time the jetpacker will win. This is simply because they know how to push the jetpack to the point line of sight became a issue for the person on the ground. You simply have the ability to fly way to high to fast, if they did make it similiar to just bursts that allowed you get to higher ground faster instead of being a tool that is spammed to death then it would help balance it tremendously.

> > Yes as it is unfair to have more disadvantages than advantages for the jetpack. The thing is pretty balanced the way it is.
>
> The jetpack in reach is completely unbalanced. If you are not using jetpack, you’re putting yourself at a disadvantage. I am disgusted that they are brining it back for halo 4, but I agree you shouldn’t be Abe to shoot and use it

It’s not always an advantage to use jetpack. For maps with tight spaces a la Countdown, then yes, it’s overpowered. But when you play on a map with longer sightlines, such as Uncaged or Asylum, there isn’t many places for you to hide while flying, making it easy for you to get picked off by half the enemy team.

So, all in all, I believe the usefulness of the jetpack is depended on the map itself and not the ability. However, they really should make it like the thruster/jump pack idea I’ve been hearing about recently.

For all we know it works nothing like the Reach one and is more of a jump pack.

> > > Yes as it is unfair to have more disadvantages than advantages for the jetpack. The thing is pretty balanced the way it is.
> >
> > The jetpack in reach is completely unbalanced. If you are not using jetpack, you’re putting yourself at a disadvantage. I am disgusted that they are brining it back for halo 4, but I agree you shouldn’t be Abe to shoot and use it
>
> It’s not always an advantage to use jetpack. For maps with tight spaces a la Countdown, then yes, it’s overpowered. But when you play on a map with longer sightlines, such as Uncaged or Asylum, there isn’t many places for you to hide while flying, making it easy for you to get picked off by half the enemy team.
>
> So, all in all, I believe the usefulness of the jetpack is depended on the map itself and not the ability. However, they really should make it like the thruster/jump pack idea I’ve been hearing about recently.

Are you serious? Uncaged and Asylum are two of the worst maps for Jetpack. Especially if you are playing anyone who knows how to use it.

1)Make the jetpack have a bit higher learning curve to use, like in Killzone 3.
Wkile I brung that up, make it so that you can only use the weopon attached to the jetpack, like a mini-SMg or auntomatic pistol

OR

2)Jumppack.I’m thinkig in terms of SW:BF2 here.the extreme heinght makes it so that everybody could see you in BTB, and in small maps, its a bit over kill.In Battlefront 2, if I remember correctly, it wasn’t like the jetpack in terms of you firing you weopan in mid-air.It was like a super jump…You jump over great distances but cannot fire your weapon.

OR

3)Make it so that, on certain maps, jetpack is a jumppack or completely disable, and on big maps, it’s fully functional(or the map dev can decid on whether or not to allow jetpacks on their maps at all or not)

its at 3:22 I’d like a jetpack like that.
Link

I think campaign missions should be a little more like this

The jetpack was never broken… besides minor tweaks it should be about the same in my opinion.
I’m thinking they should make jetpacks, amoung other AAs, with having longer loading time between use.

Yeah they need to fix jet-pack for halo 4. either make it so its like a burst jump or so you cannot use weapons or grenades when using it.

I think a burst jump would be pretty sweet.

You may not always be at an advantage with jetpack, but your never at a disadvantage.

> You may not always be at an advantage with jetpack, but your never at a disadvantage.

Sure there are… you know, the midle of the air, with no cover- this happens all the time.

This is a huge disadvantage

> > > Yes as it is unfair to have more disadvantages than advantages for the jetpack. The thing is pretty balanced the way it is.
> >
> > The jetpack in reach is completely unbalanced. If you are not using jetpack, you’re putting yourself at a disadvantage. I am disgusted that they are brining it back for halo 4, but I agree you shouldn’t be Abe to shoot and use it
>
> It’s not always an advantage to use jetpack. For maps with tight spaces a la Countdown, then yes, it’s overpowered. <mark>But when you play on a map with longer sightlines, such as Uncaged or Asylum, there isn’t many places for you to hide while flying, making it easy for you to get picked off by half the enemy team.</mark>
>
> So, all in all, I believe the usefulness of the jetpack is depended on the map itself and not the ability. However, they really should make it like the thruster/jump pack idea I’ve been hearing about recently.

On Asylum, most players wouldn’t be looking up in the first place, allowing any jetpacker who goes high enough to rain death on the heads of unsuspecting enemies. It isn’t balanced in ANY situation in Reach.

Can I just post my suggested Jetpack fix here?

> Can I just post my suggested Jetpack fix here?

Is it the jump pack thing? If so, then by all means go ahead, it’s a great idea.