Jerome is bonkers!

So I played Jerome and Arby in customs (just to get a feel for them before multiplayer), and when i played. Its crazy how you get 5 heroes for the price of one! Sure, it costs 30 pop. to get the other three, but having a Mantis, Jerome w/ hydra (even though he can’t jack), and not one, not two, but THREE Spartans that CAN hijack and have three different play styles (relatively, based upon their weapons), is just wild!

I can see how this might play out in multiplayer (and can already see the complaints and compliments pouring in to 343). I just think it was a neat idea. We will see where he goes in terms of leader standing, but I can see him being in the top 3 or 4, easy.

Notes: This was done in SKIRMISH against a Normal AI

Believe me Jerome is unbeateble in post game but If you rush his bases even a little bit he is at risk of losing 50% of his economy, he only has 1 (Useful) Abilitie to use in Early Game and Is useless in post game, the Spartans are easy to kill with Infantry and Warthogs/Hornets.
Frustrate him in early game with tiny rushes to his base in the first 3 to 4 min. with little swarms of Hellbringers and build a good army of Infantry (Hellbrigers/Snipers with Cyclops) and Vehicles or Air (That are good against Infantry and themselves)

Edit: Repaired some grammar errors

> 2533274863256278;2:
> Believe me Jerome is unbeateble in post game but If you rush his bases even a little bit he is at risk of losing 50% of his economy, he only has 1 (Useful) Abilitie to use in Early Game and Is useless in post game, the Spartans are easy to kill with Infantry and Warthogs/Hornets.
> Frustrate him in early game with tiny rushes to his base in the first 3 to 4 min. with little swarms of Hellbringers and build a good army of Infantry (Hellbrigers/Snipers with Cyclops) and Vehicles or Air (That are good against Infantry and themselves)
>
> Edit: Repaired some grammar errors

So harrass, then counter-unit spam?

i just dont understand how you stop 3 jerome heroes at 2 min 30 seconds in. grunts marines get destroyed suicide grunt dont solve it

then they mass marines and hover around the hero getting insane buffs.

this is worse than redline jack rabbits. infact this is the most nroken dlc leader in the game

As someone who went up against double Jeromes in multiplayer and won, I can safely say he’s not that overpowered.

Ok first question Who are u guys playing as?
Second do u scout?
Cuz I had a lot of problems with my games til i realized i wasnt scouting effectively. This meta (that we still dont know what it is) is super unpredictable u can be rushed with jr, heroes, flamers, brutes, choppers and just plain out Jerome. SERIOUSLY the consequences are way worse this season for not scouting.
Second ive had success with mass infantry and engineers plus my own hero against jerome and company. :+1:

Just did a Jerome vs Jerome match and won, easy to counter if you micro properlay and time hero powers.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Jerome is the best leader now. We r entering into the hero spam age

> 2535441021374576;8:
>

better than chopper spam aods

> 2535441021374576;8:
>

I’d take Heroes being useful over jackrabbits and choppers any day.

> 2533274814970819;10:
> > 2535441021374576;8:
> >
>
> I’d take Heroes being useful over jackrabbits and choppers any day.

I second this.

This is just a new meta everyone has to learn how to counter.

> 2533274927740213;11:
> > 2533274814970819;10:
> > > 2535441021374576;8:
> > >
> >
> > I’d take Heroes being useful over jackrabbits and choppers any day.
>
> I second this.
>
> This is just a new meta everyone has to learn how to counter.

This latest update has changed the meta in a way that has me excited to experiment and learn new strategies. The Warlord for instance has never been particularly useful and yet is now one of the top 3 heroes and crucial to Decimus play.

Something needs to be done soon about spartan Jerome, him and his mantis completely own the field in under 3 minutes. Literally all you have to do is build two power reactors and two supply pads and use your fifth base slot to get Jerome out. Walk him to the other side of the map. Maybe catch an easy power node on the way over if you feel like delaying the inevitable. And bam by the time you get to the other side of the map you’ll have your upgraded Jerome with Mantis. From there you just steam roll through whatever defense stands in your way.

Now to the people who say that he can be stopped with some clever leader powers and whatnot, that only works if the rush is about 4:30,5:00 minutes in when you actually have usable leader powers. The night after the patch came out My team went 15-1 ranked 3v3 using the Arbiter, Jerome and the Colony. We got put up against multiple sets of 3 Jerome’s and we were able to successfully fend off the triple mantis rush multiple times. But again those were all at about 5 minutes in to the match. Theres nothing you can do against a 2:40 all Jerome leader rush
there is a similar problem with atriox now also since the leaders all got buffed. with the same strategy as above you can walk him across the map and By the time you get there you’ll have a brute shot from hell in under 3 minutes that can Snipe groups of infantry and engineers in just a a couple shots.
These problems can easily be fixed by increasing the cost of the leader units, not entirely sure why the were reduced in the first place they were fine where they were at. But Especially the two new leaders since both of their Y abilities are so strong, maybe increase the tech level for Atrioxs leader upgrades.

> 2533274841007338;13:
> Something needs to be done soon about spartan Jerome, him and his mantis completely own the field in under 3 minutes. Literally all you have to do is build two power reactors and two supply pads and use your fifth base slot to get Jerome out. Walk him to the other side of the map. Maybe catch an easy power node on the way over if you feel like delaying the inevitable. And bam by the time you get to the other side of the map you’ll have your upgraded Jerome with Mantis. From there you just steam roll through whatever defense stands in your way.
>
> Now to the people who say that he can be stopped with some clever leader powers and whatnot, that only works if the rush is about 4:30,5:00 minutes in when you actually have usable leader powers. The night after the patch came out My team went 15-1 ranked 3v3 using the Arbiter, Jerome and the Colony. We got put up against multiple sets of 3 Jerome’s and we were able to successfully fend off the triple mantis rush multiple times. But again those were all at about 5 minutes in to the match. Theres nothing you can do against a 2:40 all Jerome leader rush
> there is a similar problem with atriox now also since the leaders all got buffed. with the same strategy as above you can walk him across the map and By the time you get there you’ll have a brute shot from hell in under 3 minutes that can Snipe groups of infantry and engineers in just a a couple shots.
> These problems can easily be fixed by increasing the cost of the leader units, not entirely sure why the were reduced in the first place they were fine where they were at. But Especially the two new leaders since both of their Y abilities are so strong, maybe increase the tech level for Atrioxs leader upgrades.

The leader units were reduced in cost to get them into play earlier in the game with less detriment to the player. Overall I think it’s a great move for the meta since it lessens the effect of scouts and makes Heroes useful. My biggest issue is that Jerome doesn’t die with his mantis or even take damage at all. Instead you kill the super hero mantis only to then fight a full health regular hero that can call back the mantis 30 seconds later! That though can be fixed later. Like I said, it’s overall a great addition to the meta.

I honestly dont have a problem with jerome. As long as you scout it put up a turret maybe some grunts and a warlord youre fine. If he comes at u at 2:40 his eco wil be severely hampered if u kill him. Although idk maybe i havent played any champ jeromes

I played a 70 minute match today (last in my game history) against Decimus.

I have to say Warlord is 100% un-killable. He and decimus are downright immortal. I ended up ignoring them both and destroying all his bases while the Warlord almost killed a scarab by himself.

Wraiths, Banshees, Rangers, nothing worked. Even though he isn’t like crazy stupid dps he is by far the tankiest thing in the game, remember how heroes used to be inside garrisons? Warlord is a walking pre-patch garrison hero.

tripple jerome mantis rush is actually unstopable in 3s. if this is going to be the meta then i just wont play ranked 3s until mid season.

there better not be a full season of this crap. garbage players are in top champ in 3s and have the ignorance to trasht talk when winning with tripple broken leaders. PATHETIC

> 2533274907200114;3:
> > 2533274863256278;2:
> > Believe me Jerome is unbeateble in post game but If you rush his bases even a little bit he is at risk of losing 50% of his economy, he only has 1 (Useful) Abilitie to use in Early Game and Is useless in post game, the Spartans are easy to kill with Infantry and Warthogs/Hornets.
> > Frustrate him in early game with tiny rushes to his base in the first 3 to 4 min. with little swarms of Hellbringers and build a good army of Infantry (Hellbrigers/Snipers with Cyclops) and Vehicles or Air (That are good against Infantry and themselves)
> >
> > Edit: Repaired some grammar errors
>
> So harrass, then counter-unit spam?

:wink: not gonna say anything lmao. ^^^^^^^^^

Triple Jerome is a joke lol

> 2533274821521504;16:
> I played a 70 minute match today (last in my game history) against Decimus.
>
> I have to say Warlord is 100% un-killable. He and decimus are downright immortal. I ended up ignoring them both and destroying all his bases while the Warlord almost killed a scarab by himself.
>
> Wraiths, Banshees, Rangers, nothing worked. Even though he isn’t like crazy stupid dps he is by far the tankiest thing in the game, remember how heroes used to be inside garrisons? Warlord is a walking pre-patch garrison hero.

Lmao reminds me of the 3-star Brute Chieftain from Halo Wars 1.

> 2533274814970819;19:
> > 2533274821521504;16:
> > I played a 70 minute match today (last in my game history) against Decimus.
> >
> > I have to say Warlord is 100% un-killable. He and decimus are downright immortal. I ended up ignoring them both and destroying all his bases while the Warlord almost killed a scarab by himself.
> >
> > Wraiths, Banshees, Rangers, nothing worked. Even though he isn’t like crazy stupid dps he is by far the tankiest thing in the game, remember how heroes used to be inside garrisons? Warlord is a walking pre-patch garrison hero.
>
> Lmao reminds me of the 3-star Brute Chieftain from Halo Wars 1.

Yeah full pop grizz with 14 star spartans couldn’t 1 hit him with shell canister.