Jerome Build Order Question

So I’ve been enjoying Jerome the past couple of days but have very little experience playing with him, I was hoping someone could help me dealing with heavy infantry pushes early game. Playing mainly 2s, my BO has been: Supply, Gen, Supply, Supply, Armory, 2nd Gen on minibase, supplies on any additional minibases, pump marines, push around 4mins with hero + marines, get grenades if they’ve gone heavy infantry.

This has been fine for 80% of my games but meeting decent players with a solid mix of flamers/snipers/marines I’ve been pushed back to my main and then slowly lost the game.

I guess I need to have my own barracks, but it’s such a Power heavy build I’m never sure what I should sacrifice to get it, especially if the game’s not gone great at the start and I’ve lost a minibase to early pressure (given that often in 2s minibases are sometimes in very short supply). So, would 2 supply 2 gen 1 barracks be the best solution in that situation? Any help greatly appreciated thanks :smiley:

> 2533274793007755;1:
> So I’ve been enjoying Jerome the past couple of days but have very little experience playing with him, I was hoping someone could help me dealing with heavy infantry pushes early game. Playing mainly 2s, my BO has been: Supply, Gen, Supply, Supply, Armory, 2nd Gen on minibase, supplies on any additional minibases, pump marines, push around 4mins with hero + marines, get grenades if they’ve gone heavy infantry.
>
> This has been fine for 80% of my games but meeting decent players with a solid mix of flamers/snipers/marines I’ve been pushed back to my main and then slowly lost the game.
>
> I guess I need to have my own barracks, but it’s such a Power heavy build I’m never sure what I should sacrifice to get it, especially if the game’s not gone great at the start and I’ve lost a minibase to early pressure (given that often in 2s minibases are sometimes in very short supply). So, would 2 supply 2 gen 1 barracks be the best solution in that situation? Any help greatly appreciated thanks :smiley:

You could do a few different things but it depends on what they are doing. First you could always swap out grenades for 3-4 snipers, hold position where you think you are going to fight. Or just build a few jack rabbits and go after the snipers or any rallying flamers. Also with the jack rabbits you can get some vision before you send in your marine ball with the slow mantis into a death trap.

Also if you notice them heavy committing to snipers, just tech up with two turrets. You can send your spare marines to try and steal nodes and just be a pain. You just want to delay enough to get hogs out.

While I am not really a good player, I usually go with what you described as my build: 2 supply, 2 gen and barracks. Once I get to tech 2, I place a vehicle factory and either a second supply or gen. This varies in working though… I love playing Jerome for skirmish. I don’t how fast they can be obtained, but flame mastodons are awesome and fun to watch.

Not only that but I to am interested in Jerome tips…

My rule has always been never put generators on mini bases. Every time I see someone do that my first thought is that is a massive target that you have to hover around and protect all game. I would put the armory on the mini before I put a generator on it.