Jeff Steitzer as the Halo Wars 2 Announcer

For all those who don’t know, Jeff Steitzer is the genius behind such classics as ‘Double Kill!’, ‘Killimanjaro!’ and ‘Game Over…’ as well as more recent hits like ‘Peeerrrrrfffeect’ and ‘Combat Evolved!’. He’s voiced the multiplayer announcer in every Halo shooter game to date, but was not included in Halo Wars. Personally, I’d love to see him reprise his role and voice the announcer in Halo Wars 2.

Anyway, what does everybody else think of this?

Nah, not so much for me at least. It’s not really a voice that I’m dying to hear every two seconds.

> 2533274809541057;2:
> Nah, not so much for me at least. It’s not really a voice that I’m dying to hear every two seconds.

Halo Wars doesn’t really have as many alerts as the shooters, though. I mean, there’s only really ‘Enemy Engagement’ that occurs frequently.

well i think we have more important things about halo wars 2 to discuss and think about

> 2533274911283092;3:
> > 2533274809541057;2:
> > Nah, not so much for me at least. It’s not really a voice that I’m dying to hear every two seconds.
>
>
> Halo Wars doesn’t really have as many alerts as the shooters, though. I mean, there’s only really ‘Enemy Engagement’ that occurs frequently.

I guess you don’t play online much, or don’t manage your troops well.

The easiest ways to select troops is to use either the “ALL UNITS” OR “LOCAL UNITS” functions (as situation dictates), and then issue orders to each unit group by tabbing through them using right trigger. This is WAYYYYY faster than manually selecting them with the paint tool or double clicking (which can have its uses). But, every time you press either function, the announcer says “LOCAL UNITS”/“ALL UNITS”
Furthermore, every upgrade and building completion is announced. There are a lot of notifications in HW.

> 2533274809541057;5:
> > 2533274911283092;3:
> > > 2533274809541057;2:
> > > Nah, not so much for me at least. It’s not really a voice that I’m dying to hear every two seconds.
> >
> >
> > Halo Wars doesn’t really have as many alerts as the shooters, though. I mean, there’s only really ‘Enemy Engagement’ that occurs frequently.
>
>
> I guess you don’t play online much, or don’t manage your troops well.
> The easiest ways to select troops is to use either the “ALL UNITS” OR “LOCAL UNITS” functions (as situation dictates), and then issue orders to each unit group by tabbing through them using right trigger. This is WAYYYYY faster than manually selecting them with the paint tool or double clicking (which can have its uses). But, every time you press either function, the announcer says “LOCAL UNITS”/“ALL UNITS”
> Furthermore, every upgrade and building completion is announced. There are a lot of notifications in HW.

Oh good point, I’d forgotten about those. I do play online a lot, and use those two functions, I’d just forgotten them at the time of writing.

RTS is too cerebral a genre for Steitzer’s bombastic commentary to pop up every few seconds. Creative Assembly should continue using Serina and the nameless Prophet as faction-specific announcers.

Jeffs voice isn’t exactly the one the fit the more calm long games of the RTS genre throughout the game. I would only like to hear him at the end of the gaming saying Victory or Defeat. Or maybe when a player is defeated but you are still there. “Enemy Defeated” or “Allie Defeated”

Otherwise the other voices like “All Units”, “Enemy is training hunters” or “Base Under Attack”, I would prefer to be handled by another voice actor. For personal preference I would like a female actor, I’m not usually one who cares about gender but in Strategie games I for some reason don’t like male advisors.

he has got to be the best announcer every in every game. I don’t see why you shouldn’t

Announcers in an RTS? No, thanks.

Did you not play Halo Wars? It had one.

Also, I think they are talking about the campaign levels announcer as well.

I prefer Serina…