Janus key *NEWSS*

okasy i was rewatching some of the spartan ops episodes. specifically looking for things i may have missed (small details) that can hint towards H5:G and well i noticed the two halves of the janus key each on has its own light beam going through it like the promethean knights had blue before the didact changed it to orange. WELL

One half of the janus key that Jul 'Mdama ended up with has only blue streaming through it.

And Infinity’s half is orange.

i dont know what it could mean or perhaps its thinking into it to much. but just thought id point it out

EDIT: the librarian tells halsey to take the key to “The Absolute Record”. possibly a place that you need the key to open?

Firstly good to see your interested in the Halo lore, and re-working of the previous sections.

Okay so the significance of the Janus Key halves having two different hardlight colors correlates to the Forerunner castes… Lifeworkers and Warrior-Servants. Each had a respective color to identify them within the Ecumene; Lifeworkers (Blue), Warrior-Servants/Promethean (Orange); Builders, Miners, Engineers (Huragok).

Third and last point, is the Absolute Record is a Forerunner reference to a database of sorts to which stores or holds vast amounts of Forerunner knowledge. It is unknown whether this is a static location or personified unto a character?

When the Prometheans were under the control of the Librarian, they were blue in color. After the Didact took control of them, they reverted to orange. The Librarian was a Life-worker while the Didact was a Forerunner General so the theory about the colors signifying a social hierarchy makes complete sense.

Misleading Title. This is a theory not news

The one thing that I noticed about the Janus Key is that not only are the two halves complementary colors, orange and blue, but also that it’s easily an allusion to Red vs Blue.

But the real interesting part, is the complementary aspect, which conveys the two paths that we can take when we get ahold of the key. With access to every Forerunner artifact in existence, will we use it to prevent any species from rising against humanity, or will we use it to prevent the Flood from destroying us all?

Two sides, two paths.

While I can’t take credit for pointing the following out, but the Janus Key’s shape is identical to a shape on the Eld symbol, the symbol for the Mantle.

> Firstly good to see your interested in the Halo lore, and re-working of the previous sections.
>
> Okay so the significance of the Janus Key halves having two different hardlight colors correlates to the Forerunner castes… Lifeworkers and Warrior-Servants. Each had a respective color to identify them within the Ecumene; Lifeworkers (Blue), Warrior-Servants/Promethean (Orange); Builders, Miners, Engineers (Huragok).
>
> Third and last point, is the Absolute Record is a Forerunner reference to a database of sorts to which stores or holds vast amounts of Forerunner knowledge. It is unknown whether this is a static location or <mark>personified unto a character?</mark>

…Bornstellar?

> > Firstly good to see your interested in the Halo lore, and re-working of the previous sections.
> >
> > Okay so the significance of the Janus Key halves having two different hardlight colors correlates to the Forerunner castes… Lifeworkers and Warrior-Servants. Each had a respective color to identify them within the Ecumene; Lifeworkers (Blue), Warrior-Servants/Promethean (Orange); Builders, Miners, Engineers (Huragok).
> >
> > Third and last point, is the Absolute Record is a Forerunner reference to a database of sorts to which stores or holds vast amounts of Forerunner knowledge. It is unknown whether this is a static location or <mark>personified unto a character?</mark>
>
> …Bornstellar?

Mendicant Bias.