January Update

has any one heard anything about the january update? the december one i felt we kinda knew some info 2 weeks out from its release, and i feels the past two have both come right in the middle of the month

nah bt we are waiing

If we don’t see some real maps in this upcoming update, You can bet we will see a further drop in player count.

I doubt we’ll hear anything much while they are moving studios.
They will probably use it as a excuse to delay the Jan update until Feb…

i expect a remix or two and a bunch of boring common reqs

outside the noctus warzone map (which should have been included from the start) the monthly DLC has been a total letdown

> 2533274825101441;3:
> If we don’t see some real maps in this upcoming update, You can bet we will see a further drop in player count.

we need more maps for warzone.

We will for sure be receiving an update because the season ends in January… They even said themselves that there will be a January update.

> 2533274825101441;3:
> If we don’t see some real maps in this upcoming update, You can bet we will see a further drop in player count.

Seriously. The re-skins of some of these maps are just crap. Make some Real maps. Get your designers to make something amazing. And please some real BTB Maps…

Doubles, please

I think everyone thats expecting more than one warzone map is going to be very upset. I am really expecting more of a TU type of update with UI enhancements, post game, and additional permanent playlists (the playlist thing I dont care about but for everyone else i think something needs to be done). I do believe we will get one map for warzone, slayer, and BTB, but i have a strong feeling they will just be remixes again or forged. I strongly believe that because these updates are “free” we are truly getting what we paid for. The REQ system is generating an extreme amount of money (god knows why, I would never buy a REQ pack, thats just ridiculous to me), but I think that money is going towards their pockets and competitions like the championship going on now. I really hope im wrong, I would like to play on some nice new ORIGINAL developer maps, but the way they remixed a lot of these things already, I dont have high hopes. Eden and empire are the same map, truth (which is a midship port for crying out loud) and regret are the same map, plaza and overgrowth are the same…All the BTB maps are just remakes of H2/H3…I could go on for a while…I just see a pattern here.

> 2535409103705542;7:
> We will for sure be receiving an update because the season ends in January… They even said themselves that there will be a January update.

Really, because I heard February and theirs a chance for Oddball. As for January nothing at all.

Ahh, I can see it now.

“ALL NEW WARZONE MAP! IT IS COMPLETELY EPIC!!!”
-is just the Warzone Assault variant of Battle of Noctus-

I’m calling it right now.

The only free update they need to do is split-screen

it might be later in January because they are moving into a studio.

Well holidays are over with now so I’d expect an update or another tease on what it will have within a week.

Shouldn’t be too long before we hear something on it now. I wouldn’t expect as big of an update as December. It’ll be hard to live up to Forge, a new Warzone map, a new Arena map and all the new REQ content.

They announced they will bring a monthly update till June at LEAST and i hope they won’t let it die after that…
And i don’t mean to bring more useless REQ stuff, but more like maps and gametypes, gametype improvements (Warzone Boss Spawns) and stuff.

It’d be a shame if they only bring new REQ stuff and then say “alright guys… thats it with the updates. Now enjoy the game as it is until Halo 6 comes out”

They have to deliver new stuff on a monthly basis to keep people playing it, otherwise it gets boring

> 2604983891615163;10:
> I think everyone thats expecting more than one warzone map is going to be very upset. I am really expecting more of a TU type of update with UI enhancements, post game, and additional permanent playlists (the playlist thing I dont care about but for everyone else i think something needs to be done). I do believe we will get one map for warzone, slayer, and BTB, but i have a strong feeling they will just be remixes again or forged. I strongly believe that because these updates are “free” we are truly getting what we paid for. The REQ system is generating an extreme amount of money (god knows why, I would never buy a REQ pack, thats just ridiculous to me), but I think that money is going towards their pockets and competitions like the championship going on now. I really hope im wrong, I would like to play on some nice new ORIGINAL developer maps, but the way they remixed a lot of these things already, I dont have high hopes. Eden and empire are the same map, truth (which is a midship port for crying out loud) and regret are the same map, plaza and overgrowth are the same…All the BTB maps are just remakes of H2/H3…I could go on for a while…I just see a pattern here.

all the remixes except regret play nothing like eachother. -Yoink- even regret you focus on top mid rather then the sides in truth. many different trick jumps aswell. its sad because im a fan that not you. i want remixes. the rig is amazing and i cant wait to see it remixed which it is offcially coming if you wastched the season 3 sprint. not everyone is like you or wants what you want

What we really need is new Breakout maps. There are only 5 and sometimes ill get the same one 4 times in a row on the same server. I wouldnt mind user created maps because i can see people making great ones, as long as theyre not like Altitude, that map is a piece of -Yoink-. We also need reqs in forge. There was some bs argument that people shouldnt have the reqs if they didnt unlock them but its custom games, who cares what you use itll just make it more fun and bring more ideas. Lastly, we desperately need infection. It should have been it at launch and should be atleast a custom game type, but also needs a playlist of itself. Infection will honestly complete forge, but we also should have KOTH, oddball, VIP, and all those other gametypes.

everyone is just going back to reach, all the playlists are full, its great :smiley: