January Update Thread (V3 Teaser Added)

I know there are a million and one things the community needs and wants for the January Update. But my question to you is what do you think will actually be released with the January Update.
So again not what you want to happen what you actually think will happen?

Personally I see happening… 1 New Arena Map (non-forge), 1 New (Warzone Map), Reqs added, and that’s it.(Realistically).
CONFIRMED JANUARY UPDATE ITEMS
Needle Rifle Confirmed.( 3 body shots at no shield super-combines to kill)
Mark V Armor
New Bald Eagle Weapon SKINS+ More Skins

LINK TO JANUARY UPDATE TEASER

-Community Wants (No Particular Order)

More Spartan Company Intergration
Upgraded File Share System
Gravity Hammer added for Griffball
Gametypes ( Oddball, KOTH, Assault, Infection, VIP, Race)
BTB Maps
Arena Maps ( Large Enough for 2 Snipers)
Breakout Maps
Warzone Assault Maps
Warzone Maps (New Enemys/Bosses)
Custom Game Finder
Post Game Medal Viewer
Pre Game SR Rank View
Playlist Updates Wanted
Team DMRs Added to SWAT
Overgrown PW Tweaked SOMEHOW
Replacement of Unused Plasma Caster on Arena Maps
Social Slayer Playlist
Social Infection Playlist
Team Snipers Playlist
Team Skirmish (Assault, CTF, KOTH, ODDBALL, STRONGHOLDS, VIP ETC.

I see game types. No new maps. Some more reqs. Havent been to thrilled with the updates thus far.

> 2533275006811498;2:
> I see game types. No new maps. Some more reqs. Havent been to thrilled with the updates thus far.

hopefully but dont get your hopes up. Maybe like 2 game types. (infection and ricochet)

> 2533275006811498;2:
> I see game types. No new maps. Some more reqs. Havent been to thrilled with the updates thus far.

Realistically Sweep I don’t see gametypes being added until after HCS

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame and attack other members.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2535418262439483;4:
> > 2533275006811498;2:
> > I see game types. No new maps. Some more reqs. Havent been to thrilled with the updates thus far.
>
>
> Realistically Sweep I don’t see gametypes being added until after HCS

You are prolly right my friend, sadly.
I love halo, this one is good. But -Yoink!-, it could be legendary! But only if 343i would quit circle jerking each other with 50 dollar bills. Fix Forge! Gametypes! Hey, 343i Not all of us wanna play slayer for hours on end. Better maps! Forge maps in BTB. Yeah suck a -Yoink-. Gameplay is solid. Just…Become more Halofied!!

The removal of all Breakout modes from Team Arena and the reintroduction of Oddball, KOTH and VIP in their place.

A new Arena map with longer sight lines and slightly more open space. Something in the vein of Sanctuary or Hang’em High

I think game types HAVE to be coming in January. Say what you will about 343 but they can’t be crazy enough to put them off for another month (at least) with the amount of people asking for them.

So I think we’ll get…
KoTH
Infection/Flood
Oddball
2 Arena maps
Some Forge maps (Probably for BTB)
and New REQs

Regional server select would be great fr anyone living outside the US.

> 2615706747871287;6:
> The removal of all Breakout modes from Team Arena and the reintroduction of Oddball, KOTH and VIP in their place.
>
> A new Arena map with longer sight lines and slightly more open space. Something in the vein of Sanctuary or Hang’em High

Sounds interesting so gametypes and a new map. With some Gametype tweaks

> 2533274801002700;7:
> I think game types HAVE to be coming in January. Say what you will about 343 but they can’t be crazy enough to put them off for another month (at least) with the amount of people asking for them.
>
> So I think we’ll get…
> KoTH
> Infection/Flood
> Oddball
> 2 Arena maps
> Some Forge maps (Probably for BTB)
> and New REQs

I hope so. I don’t think any forge maps will be added this update, but maybe an announcement of a community map competiton

> 2533274872327809;8:
> Regional server select would be great fr anyone living outside the US.

Yes this must be important for players outside the USA. I feel bad for those who can’t enjoy the game because of not being able to choose a server that’s at least in their country/region

Anybody else want to guess

fine ill take the big swing and suggest they are adding elites or something they want to rub in peoples faces, likewise invasion needs to have a comeback.

> 2533274850077349;13:
> fine ill take the big swing and suggest they are adding elites or something they want to rub in peoples faces, likewise invasion needs to have a comeback.

Playable elites that’s an interesting idea, highly doubt that will be added to this game period. Now gametypes seems to be the big one so I agree with you there

It’s probably going to be forge maps and more useless reqs

It has to be game types, what else could it be at this point? How the game has gone this long with only 3 game modes is beyond me. If they want to keep the Christmas crowd they need to release some of the “fun” modes like Oddball, Infection, Grifball, etc. If they wait another month then I think the grave just gets deeper.

I will tell you exactly what will be in the January Update.
-A brand new Warzone map (remix of Battle of Noctus for Warzone assault)
-A brand new Arena map (remix of Rig)
-The triumphant return of that Arena forge map they pulled out of rotation for being broken (I already forgot the name)
-Brand new REQs (reskins of existing REQs)
-No comment regarding gametypes

@Ghost I don’t think 343 will be building anymore forge maps even tho they might accept some from the community. @Blaze I agree we need the Gametypes but realistically I don’t see it happening this update. Digging Deeper lol. @ Irobot you are probably spot on sounds exactly like a 343 move. “no comment on Gametypes” = Realistic. Map is Orion

> 2533275006811498;2:

I agree. Notice that the teaser didnt show the spartan on a new map this time.

> 2533274813764898;17:
> I will tell you exactly what will be in the January Update.
> -A brand new Warzone map (remix of Battle of Noctus for Warzone assault)
> -A brand new Arena map (remix of Rig)
> -The triumphant return of that Arena forge map they pulled out of rotation for being broken (I already forgot the name)
> -Brand new REQs (reskins of existing REQs)
> -No comment regarding gametypes

This sounds pretty spot on, although a new Arena map sounds too good to be true.