January update.... i seriously love you 343!

More TU roll outs? I saluteyou. I wanted BTB and Double team changed for awhile. Plus more maps in snipers Hurray!

(To be honest all of Reach should be ZB but ohwell)

Haters gonna Hate.

The game should just go all ZB, but 85 and bleedthrough is bearable.

Thank you so much for the late Christmas present <343!

Woot

Considering there wasn’t going to be an update at all, this is pretty significant.

Other than the Anniversary additions, I would say this is one of 343’s biggest updates yet. (I could be wrong, but it seems like it.)

yea, i hate bleed through but i agree with the removal of bloom.

also, i think that’s my infection map parasitic that got chosen … i’m happy.

Thank you for updating BTB :slight_smile:

> Considering there wasn’t going to be an update at all, this is pretty significant.
>
> Other than the Anniversary additions, I would say this is one of 343’s biggest updates yet. (I could be wrong, but it seems like it.)

This is actually a huge update, even compared to some of Bungie’s updates.

> More TU roll outs? I saluteyou. I wanted BTB and Double team changed for awhile. Plus more maps in snipers Hurray!
>
> (To be honest all of Reach should be ZB but ohwell)
>
> Haters gonna Hate.

Maybe with time they will role out zbs to other playlists :slight_smile:

What about fixing everything they messed up in the last update??

> What about fixing everything they messed up in the last update??

What about fixing 85% and ZB so that the precision weapons aren’t god tier while the automatics are worth more than filler for the maps.

are you kidding me? bleedthrough should not be in reach at all. the game wasn’t built for it and it does not belong in it at all. the way i see it bleedthrough just makes reach more noob friendly

> What about fixing everything they messed up in the last update??

What did they mess up? Replacing Premium?

> What about fixing 85% and ZB so that the precision weapons aren’t god tier while the automatics are worth more than filler for the maps.

You mean like how they are totally useful in vanilla? They weren’t useless then, aren’t useless now. Just let my shots go where I aim.

> are you kidding me? bleedthrough should not be in reach at all. the game wasn’t built for it and it does not belong in it at all. the way i see it bleedthrough just makes reach more noob friendly

Noob friendly? How? Because I can pull off a bleedthrough headshot, and not have to wait until a huge flashing sign appears over my opponent’s head? Or because I can pump enough shots into him before he can run up and punch me?

> What about fixing everything they messed up in the last update??

They made a new DLC specific gametype to help alleviate the problems created by removing Premium Battle.

Great work 343! It’s great to see you’re listening to the community. I like the attention given to Arena, Living Dead, and Team Snipers. They were all in desperate need of some changes.

> > What about fixing everything they messed up in the last update??
>
> What did they mess up? Replacing Premium?
>
>
>
> > What about fixing 85% and ZB so that the precision weapons aren’t god tier while the automatics are worth more than filler for the maps.
>
> You mean like how they are totally useful in vanilla? They weren’t useless then, aren’t useless now. Just let my shots go where I aim.
>
>
>
> > are you kidding me? bleedthrough should not be in reach at all. the game wasn’t built for it and it does not belong in it at all. the way i see it bleedthrough just makes reach more noob friendly
>
> Noob friendly? How? Because I can pull off a bleedthrough headshot, and not have to wait until a huge flashing sign appears over my opponent’s head? Or because I can pump enough shots into him before he can run up and punch me?

yah because i seen bleedthrough head shots all the time in halo 3. NO hmm lets see im walking down countdown missing about 40% shields and out of nowhere i get punched im dead… yah that makes sense bleedthrough headshots shouldn’t even be there either if i have a little bit of shields remaining a dmr shot should not just go right through that like i said NOOB FRIENDLY

> > What about fixing everything they messed up in the last update??
>
> What did they mess up? Replacing Premium?
>
>
>
> > What about fixing 85% and ZB so that the precision weapons aren’t god tier while the automatics are worth more than filler for the maps.
>
> You mean like how they are totally useful in vanilla? They weren’t useless then, aren’t useless now. Just let my shots go where I aim.
>
>
>
> > are you kidding me? bleedthrough should not be in reach at all. the game wasn’t built for it and it does not belong in it at all. the way i see it bleedthrough just makes reach more noob friendly
>
> Noob friendly? How? Because I can pull off a bleedthrough headshot, and not have to wait until a huge flashing sign appears over my opponent’s head? Or because I can pump enough shots into him before he can run up and punch me?

Well they originally said that the TU updates wasn’t going into the original playlists, and then they added them anyways.

They’re totally useful, it’s just that headshot weapons are overpowered people often ignore them in favour of something that gives them a kill. There were plenty of ways to fix these precision weapons without making them OP. What I’ve found is that if you turn on immunity to headshots it balances out the overall game and sandbox. Of course, that’s still a thesis, from the few games I’ve created. Need more games played and more players willing to try it out too.

Bleedthrough is currently glitched and makes health useless. It was only added to combat double beatdowns, which was easily fixed by changing the melee damage to 50% or 75%.

Doubles and Arena should go ZB, BTB should stay at 85%.

No mention of actual fixes in Arena either? Jetpack removal, terrible maps etc.

It’s a start…I guess.

> > What about fixing everything they messed up in the last update??
>
> What did they mess up? Replacing Premium?
>
> No the CR cap limit was not changed.

> yah because i seen bleedthrough head shots all the time in halo 3. NO hmm lets see im walking down countdown missing about 40% shields and out of nowhere i get punched im dead… yah that makes sense bleedthrough headshots shouldn’t even be there either if i have a little bit of shields remaining a dmr shot should not just go right through that like i said NOOB FRIENDLY

In every Halo to date (Reach doesn’t count), the utility weapon has required a bleedthrough headshot for a perfect kill. logic bomb.

> yah because i seen bleedthrough head shots all the time in halo 3. NO hmm lets see im walking down countdown missing about 40% shields and out of nowhere i get punched im dead… yah that makes sense bleedthrough headshots shouldn’t even be there either if i have a little bit of shields remaining a dmr shot should not just go right through that like i said NOOB FRIENDLY

Bleedthrough headshots never happened in Halo 3 because the first 2 bullets stripped shield before the final headshot. Actually, I’m fairly certain the Carbine had bleedthrough headshots. Halo 2 had bleedthrough headshots since all 3 shots fired as one, and Halo CE definately had them.

That DMR shot was a headshot that broke the shields and went through health. It isn’t noob friendly, the melee is just too powerful, and the other player was rewarded with a headshot.

> Well they originally said that the TU updates wasn’t going into the original playlists, and then they added them anyways.
>
> They’re totally useful, it’s just that headshot weapons are overpowered people often ignore them in favour of something that gives them a kill. There were plenty of ways to fix these precision weapons without making them OP. What I’ve found is that if you turn on immunity to headshots it balances out the overall game and sandbox. Of course, that’s still a thesis, from the few games I’ve created. Need more games played and more players willing to try it out too.
>
> Bleedthrough is currently glitched and makes health useless. It was only added to combat double beatdowns, which was easily fixed by changing the melee damage to 50% or 75%.

They never said TU would never go into default, they said that default would still be available.

No headshots would be stupid. It just rewards people for not aiming for the head.

No bleedthrough just made the melee system so clunky, anyway.