Jan season ending... Already?!

So I hear this season is going to end at the end of January. Ranks are about to reset.

This system feels like it’s suffering from being over complicated. First of all the examples of the placement matches getting things totally -Yoink- backwards are numerous. Everyone I play with has at least one playlist that they ranked like a full their lower in than a friend after playing the same 10 matches together.
Not being able to go down a teir is dumb I find so many kids who are so obviously ranked too high it’s crazy (about the same number who are obviously ranked way too low).
And now it all resets, so you’ve been working hard to fix your -Yoink- placements and now you have to do it all over again? Why?
People had plenty of complaints about past halo ranking systems, but never that it was 1-50, never that you started at 1 and went from there. That fundamental outline was fine I don’t understand why it was changed- I also would give a hot -Yoink- as long as it worked- and I think it’s the most broken and frustrating thing in the game.

I also hate ranks reseting, makes it feel like all of my hardwork was for nothing. I understand they do it so the champions can find games, but honestly. It’s a waste of time for non champions

wish it was a little bit longer as well

Your highest rank remains on your service record… so it’s never forgotten.

And your ranking games will be based on your current rank. So you could/should pretty much get re-ranked back into an appropriate rank.

The only people who will be “adversely” affected are those who have been inadvertently ranked too high and are stuck at level one of their division (not good enough to win games and go up to level 2… but stuck in their starting division no matter how many games they lose).

But their “hard work” was really a couple of ranking games a month ago… so they shouldn’t be too upset with being reset (and once they get over the disappointment of dropping back a division or two… they should enjoy the better matched opponents they come up against).

> 2535455974427450;3:
> wish it was a little bit longer as well

You and me both, brother.

whats that? Halo? Oh right… Yeah… Nevermind.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2585548714655118;4:
> Your highest rank remains on your service record… so it’s never forgotten.
> And your ranking games will be based on your current rank. So you could/should pretty much get re-ranked back into an appropriate rank.
> The only people who will be “adversely” affected are those who have been inadvertently ranked too high and are stuck at level one of their division (not good enough to win games and go up to level 2… but stuck in their starting division no matter how many games they lose).
> But their “hard work” was really a couple of ranking games a month ago… so they shouldn’t be too upset with being reset (and once they get over the disappointment of dropping back a division or two… they should enjoy the better matched opponents they come up against).

obligatory forum contrarian strikes again.
The placement system is rekt- show me where it says it’s based on your previous rank.
I played 10 games with my homie in slayer, had better stats in every game, and ranked a full tier lower and we were one little rank apart the previous season. So why is that?
Don’t say anything you don’t know why and I could tell you 15 other similar stories just from my squad.
All that to say nothing of issues like having your rank negatively impacted after losing to a player still in placing who may end up to place several tiers above you, or getting someone like you who will only place in gold on my team (my fault for playing with only 2 friends and 1 ransom) and you lose us a close game.
But never fear as you say my previous season high is not forgotten; there’s an emblem posted somewhere on the Internet… Who cares?- has no baring on anything. Idiot.

When is the reset ?

Ugghhh…I wish that it would switch to quarterly rankings…

Those first ten games are just too stressful

> 2585548714655118;4:
> Your highest rank remains on your service record… so it’s never forgotten.
>
> And your ranking games will be based on your current rank. So you could/should pretty much get re-ranked back into an appropriate rank.
>
> The only people who will be “adversely” affected are those who have been inadvertently ranked too high and are stuck at level one of their division (not good enough to win games and go up to level 2… but stuck in their starting division no matter how many games they lose).
>
> But their “hard work” was really a couple of ranking games a month ago… so they shouldn’t be too upset with being reset (and once they get over the disappointment of dropping back a division or two… they should enjoy the better matched opponents they come up against).

The highest rank remaining is dumb too - I’ve seen people with a highest of Onyx that they got when the game first came out, yet they’re now golds. So they were never legit Onyx in the first place.

I’d rather have the old system too, levels 1-50. It wasn’t broke, 343 didn’t need to “fix” it, and all they’ve done is made things stupid.

> 2535456728927988;6:
> > 2585548714655118;4:
> > Your highest rank remains on your service record… so it’s never forgotten.
> >
> > And your ranking games will be based on your current rank. So you could/should pretty much get re-ranked back into an appropriate rank.
> >
> > The only people who will be “adversely” affected are those who have been inadvertently ranked too high and are stuck at level one of their division (not good enough to win games and go up to level 2… but stuck in their starting division no matter how many games they lose).
> >
> > But their “hard work” was really a couple of ranking games a month ago… so they shouldn’t be too upset with being reset (and once they get over the disappointment of dropping back a division or two… they should enjoy the better matched opponents they come up against).
>
>
> obligatory forum contrarian strikes again.
> The placement system is rekt- show me where it says it’s based on your previous rank.
> I played 10 games with my homie in slayer, had better stats in every game, and ranked a full tier lower and we were one little rank apart the previous season. So why is that?
> Don’t say anything you don’t know why and I could tell you 15 other similar stories just from my squad.
> All that to say nothing of issues like having your rank negatively impacted after losing to a player still in placing who may end up to place several tiers above you, or getting someone like you who will only place in gold on my team (my fault for playing with only 2 friends and 1 ransom) and you lose us a close game.
> But never fear as you say my previous season high is not forgotten; there’s an emblem posted somewhere on the Internet… Who cares?- has no baring on anything. Idiot.

Yeah that sucks, I’ve played against loads of unranked players. And I’m in Diamond! Why the -Yoink- is it matching me up with unranked players?

It’s even worse if you’re a high score Onyx. You don’t get any points for winning some matches if there’s a lot of lower ranks in there, it’s crazy. I would have thought they’d get something, but the system is so messed up. Good job 343, keep taking a bit crap all over Halo.

> 2533274833937345;2:
> I also hate ranks reseting, makes it feel like all of my hardwork was for nothing. I understand they do it so the champions can find games, but honestly. It’s a waste of time for non champions

Genuine question…how does resetting ranks help Champions find games? Do you mean they get to play 10 qualifying games against lower skilled players before getting ranked Champion again?

The whole seasons and ranked resets thing isn’t even linked directly to the HCS qualifiers (as far as I’m aware) so it all seems rather pointless.

Obviously happy for anyone to enlighten me and anyone else struggling with understanding this whole concept.

thats the reason why i dont bother anymore

If you deserve your rank then you can earn it back the following season. It’s to refresh the game. These checkpoint ranks are boring as their is no risk once you get to Onyx.

Besides, it would make no sense for the January season to run through February.

I didn’t know they were going to reset the rankings monthly. I think thats overkill. I’m already constantly playing players that are not ranked. This will make it worse. JUst my opinion but rankings should only be reset after 6 months or longer. Preferably a year.

Ranks will be reset on Monday, Feb 1st. There’s a topic in Matchmaking Discussion about the length of the season for those that want to add their thoughts :slight_smile:
Arena Season Length Feedback

I’d prefer two month seasons, like January-February ranks, March-April, etc.

Yea I think I’d be more of a fan of 2 month seasons or quarterly seasons instead of every month.

> 2533274792641480;9:
> > 2585548714655118;4:
> >
>
>
> I’d rather have the old system too, levels 1-50. It wasn’t broke, 343 didn’t need to “fix” it, and all they’ve done is made things stupid.

1-50 was broke in plenty of other ways.

De-Ranking and the lack of differentiation between level 50’s to name a couple

I think you get a pack for each one your ranked in at the end of the season, so thats good a guess.

I just miss the 1-50 H3 military style ranks where it showed your opponents not this crap but I don’t mind a reset losing with terrible randoms this season didn’t help my rank much so I don’t mind a clean slate.