Jackal shield in halo

who else thinks there should be usable jackal shield in halo warzone? It cloud be that you can only use pistols with the base but a variant cluold meen that you can use other weapons as well or another could be a better version of the shield in halo 4 idk its an idea what do you think.

That would be epic

The closest we have to that was the Hardlight Shield from Halo 4 as a armour ability.

Maybe the shield could be a weapon itself, and you would punch enemies with it. Then if you hold the melee button you could put the shield up to reflect enemy attacks. But it would have an energy meter that lowers every time the shield is damaged. Heck, there could even be an assassination for it.

> 2535416253603787;4:
> Maybe the shield could be a weapon itself, and you would punch enemies with it. Then if you hold the melee button you could put the shield up to reflect enemy attacks. But it would have an energy meter that lowers every time the shield is damaged. Heck, there could even be an assassination for it.

Gotta have that assassination,am I right?

Not a bad idea as long as it stayed in warzone. I have always wondered why only jackals could use the shields.

I swear someone will go Captain America with a Jackal Shield.

I think that would be pretty sweet. Spartans did use them from time to time in the novels.

I think they should make it work like the Flagnum. When you pick it up, you automatically pull out a pistol to go with it.

To deflect shots from the enemy, you look in their direction. Crouch for more coverage.

They could have different variants of it that are bound with different weapons (magnum/plasma pistol) and/or have different shield strengths.

> 2535429593088083;7:
> I swear someone will go Captain America with a Jackal Shield.

I would dig it if Spartan Charge and Ground Pound were integrated into the shield as well.

i want 1 lol

> 2535429593088083;7:
> I swear someone will go Captain America with a Jackal Shield.

If you could do trick shots and bouncing it off walls that would be so awesome and think of all the fails people would have.

Don’t know how it would be integrated but it would be fun to reintegrate Hardlight shields into the game at some capacity. I think treating them as a pick up like turrets would work, where you are slowed down in the third person.

I’m going to say no thanks. I already find Jackals to be annoying to deal with, and having what are basically shielded Jackals with pin-point aim would ruin Warzone for me.

Spartans can use them, as it happens in the books, so I would love to see them implemented :slight_smile:

I think this is a great idea i love Kig-Yar, so using there weapons and armor is always welcome. Plus it adds some neat gameplay strategy for warzone.

I actually really liked the shield in Halo and, would be cool to use a weapon with it.

Yah I think it’d be a cool addition, but there’d have to be a lot of balancing.

That’s all well and good, but isn’t the Jackal shield a bit too small to be useful (for protection) to a Spartan? It’s big enough to almost completely shield a Jackal, but then you realize that Spartans tower over Jackals, so the shield, as you’d pick it off a dead Jackal’s body, wouldn’t offer up much protection to you. It would have to be bigger.

> 2586218893181855;18:
> That’s all well and good, but isn’t the Jackal shield a bit too small to be useful (for protection) to a Spartan? It’s big enough to almost completely shield a Jackal, but then you realize that Spartans tower over Jackals, so the shield, as you’d pick it off a dead Jackal’s body, wouldn’t offer up much protection to you. It would have to be bigger.

yes but that would balance it out

I was actually thinking of this just the other day so I’ll share my idea here.

I’ve always imagined the Kig-Yar shield would function similar to the way the flagnum works, only with a Covenant pistol or plasma rifle when it comes to weapons. You’d pick up the shield and automatically get a gun. It would also act like a turret or objective item and not replace one of the two weapons you carry. The guns would have unlimited ammo, like the flagnum.

The way the shield would function is you attach the gauntlet to your left hand it activates on pick-up. You can still do everything you’d normally do without the shield: sprint, thrust, ground pound, jump, etc. Otherwise it acts the same as it would when a Kig-Yar would use it; depletes after taking enough fire but turns on after enough time and all that stuff. Crouching, much like when Kig-Yar do it, covers a majority of the Spartan.

Three variants would exist:

Minor’s Shield: The basic blue shield seen commonly by Kig-Yar; this shield offers extra protection from enemy fire and recharges over time. You’re given a plasma pistol with some slightly increased damage output and can shield bash by pressing the melee button. Uncommon REQ.

Major’s Shield: The stronger red shield used by Kig-Yar Majors; this shield is more resilient and can take more firepower before deactivating. The recharge time is faster. Given the same modified plasma pistol as the minor variant. Basically just an upgraded version of the base item, like many REQ variants in the game. Rare REQ.

Shipmistress’ Gauntlet: The purple shield introduced in Halo 4, this shield has increased strength and a fast recharge time. Deflects a majority of rounds fired upon it, including rockets and sniper rounds. You’re given a modified brute plasma rifle and overshield when using this item. Mythic Ultra Rare REQ.

EDIT: I should mention that a way to limit the use of the shield would be based on a number of recharges. Let’s say for example after the third time a shield replenishes, it will then no longer recharge and turn back on and the gun will be given a charge like it’s normal counterparts. If you so wish to, you can hold onto the shield much like an empty turret and use the free plasma pistol/rifle, but once the gun’s charge is depleted, you will be forced to drop it. You could also simply drop the gauntlet like any other ‘heavy’ weapon by switching to another weapon. Perhaps the ultra rare variant can even have an extra charge or two, to allow an extended use.