Jack Rabbit Defense

So in onyx 1 v 1 I get deranked back to 1500 after steadily climbing up. Every time I lost it is to a jackrabbit rusher.
My last game I scouted and saw rabbits being built so naturally I built 2 anti-vehicle turrets and 2 anti-air because I was playing against Anders. I main Kinsano and focus on base building (I never rush) which is freaking hard with jackrabbits because they are so quick. Instead of attacking my main base they went around the map destroying anything before I could get there to defend it. I finally managed to wipe out 2/3 bases and decided to regroup (army was almost non-existent) and start expanding. I thought I had the game in the bag but than came a sentinel/wolverine/rabbit army (I was going air) destroying all my outer bases. I was finally overwhelmed and lost.

In summary how the hell do I defend against jackrabbits? What could I have done better?

Note 1 - I needed to expand because I was not getting enough supplies to support my expenses.
Note 2 - I just checked ranks and I lost to #4 in 1 vs 1 so I’m guessing those jackrabbit rushes are what the top players are mostly doing.

Keep scouting, the first scout only reveals early game strategy, if you had scouted again and saw wolverines then you could have built cyclops and wolverines which would have countered that nicely.

> 2533274831720070;1:
> So in onyx 1 v 1 I get deranked back to 1500 after steadily climbing up. Every time I lost it is to a jackrabbit rusher.
> My last game I scouted and saw rabbits being built so naturally I built 2 anti-vehicle turrets and 2 anti-air because I was playing against Anders. I main Kinsano and focus on base building (I never rush) which is freaking hard with jackrabbits because they are so quick. Instead of attacking my main base they went around the map destroying anything before I could get there to defend it. I finally managed to wipe out 2/3 bases and decided to regroup (army was almost non-existent) and start expanding. I thought I had the game in the bag but than came a sentinel/wolverine/rabbit army (I was going air) destroying all my outer bases. I was finally overwhelmed and lost.
>
> In summary how the hell do I defend against jackrabbits? What could I have done better?

Cyclopses. check your anti-units.

That and wolverines for their sentinels. To turtle effectivly you need to have unit production capacity so you can pump effectivly and keep up with the other team.

I would encourage more 1 base plus mini base play. You said you focus on base building - do you mean you try to get your natural expansion up quickly or do you go for 1-2 mini bases?

If you are a Kinsano main then I would strongly encourage you to use Jack Rabits to contain and expand. Early Kinsano Jack Rabbit play is perfect for keeping the opponent on one base while expanding yourself. You could follow your “base build” desire rather safely if you use Jack Rabbits. Kinsano Jack Rabbits are too good not to use imo: Early Redline and Turret Drop plus 10-20 jack rabbits so VERY good.

> 2533274805640921;3:
> Keep scouting, the first scout only reveals early game strategy, if you had scouted again and saw wolverines then you could have built cyclops and wolverines which would have countered that nicely.

> 2533274820642782;4:
> > 2533274831720070;1:
> > So in onyx 1 v 1 I get deranked back to 1500 after steadily climbing up. Every time I lost it is to a jackrabbit rusher.
> > My last game I scouted and saw rabbits being built so naturally I built 2 anti-vehicle turrets and 2 anti-air because I was playing against Anders. I main Kinsano and focus on base building (I never rush) which is freaking hard with jackrabbits because they are so quick. Instead of attacking my main base they went around the map destroying anything before I could get there to defend it. I finally managed to wipe out 2/3 bases and decided to regroup (army was almost non-existent) and start expanding. I thought I had the game in the bag but than came a sentinel/wolverine/rabbit army (I was going air) destroying all my outer bases. I was finally overwhelmed and lost.
> >
> > In summary how the hell do I defend against jackrabbits? What could I have done better?
>
> Cyclopses. check your anti-units.
>
> That and wolverines for their sentinels. To turtle effectivly you need to have unit production capacity so you can pump effectivly and keep up with the other team.

Good tips thanks! So I played one more game and same thing happened. Jackrabbit rush at first then they went hornet/hogs. I try doing anti-units but fighting off the jackrabbits puts a serious dent in my production. It was another top 10 player so I am going to assume that all top players are doing rabbit rushes. Should I do a rabbit rush to counter theirs? If you can’t beat them join them right :frowning:

> 2695457991280734;5:
> I would encourage more 1 base plus mini base play. You said you focus on base building - do you mean you try to get your natural expansion up quickly or do you go for 1-2 mini bases?
>
> If you are a Kinsano main then I would strongly encourage you to use Jack Rabits to contain and expand. Early Kinsano Jack Rabbit play is perfect for keeping the opponent on one base while expanding yourself. You could follow your “base build” desire rather safely if you use Jack Rabbits. Kinsano Jack Rabbits are too good not to use imo: Early Redline and Turret Drop plus 10-20 jack rabbits so VERY good.

So pretty much the answer to my other post from right now. Alright how does that rabbit strategy work anyways I have never done it. Do you build or research first? Continue pumping them out or set a limit? Basic tips, thanks!

By base building I meant 2 or 3 main bases in the first 5 minutes. I focused on researching, building my army, and bases at the same time. Once I was maxed out I wiped out the enemy. Of course I had to skirmish with the enemy while doing all that or I would lose quickly.That is how always won but I realize that won’t work anymore.

> 2533274831720070;6:
> > 2533274805640921;3:
> >
>
>
>
> > 2533274820642782;4:
> >
>
> Good tips thanks! So I played one more game and same thing happened. Jackrabbit rush at first then they went hornet/hogs. I try doing anti-units but fighting off the jackrabbits puts a serious dent in my production. It was another top 10 player so I am going to assume that all top players are doing rabbit rushes. Should I do a rabbit rush to counter theirs? If you can’t beat them join them right :frowning:

Cyclops’s shouldn’t cut into your production more than anything else… Just focus more on your echonomy then I guess. Also do not expand against a rush, take as many mini-bases as you can though.

> 2533274831720070;7:
> > 2695457991280734;5:
> > I would encourage more 1 base plus mini base play. You said you focus on base building - do you mean you try to get your natural expansion up quickly or do you go for 1-2 mini bases?
> >
> > If you are a Kinsano main then I would strongly encourage you to use Jack Rabits to contain and expand. Early Kinsano Jack Rabbit play is perfect for keeping the opponent on one base while expanding yourself. You could follow your “base build” desire rather safely if you use Jack Rabbits. Kinsano Jack Rabbits are too good not to use imo: Early Redline and Turret Drop plus 10-20 jack rabbits so VERY good.
>
> So pretty much the answer to my other post from right now. Alright how does that rabbit strategy work anyways I have never done it. Do you build or research first? Continue pumping them out or set a limit? Basic tips, thanks!
>
> By base building I meant 2 or 3 main bases in the first 5 minutes. I focused on researching, building my army, and bases at the same time. Once I was maxed out I wiped out the enemy. Of course I had to skirmish with the enemy while doing all that or I would lose quickly.That is how always won but I realize that won’t work anymore.

That style of play isn’t “wrong” per se but I think you will run into problems very quickly in terms of getting to that super upgraded point because other higher level players could come kill you pretty easily off of 1-1.5 or 2 base play. In my experience a third base really doesn’t pay for itself due to diminishing returns. From an upgrade standpoint I can see where your coming from with getting more power BUT I think two upgraded generators suffices for most of the game.

In terms of jack rabbit play I would recommend from start of the game

Supply pad
1st jack rabbit
Grenade launcher upgrade
generator
upgrade first supply pad
supply pad
mini base
supply pad
2nd jack rabbit *produce jack rabbits non stop going forward until you have 15-20
supply pad
supply pad
supply pad at mini base
upgrade support drone
second mini base if you want

Constantly be pumping jack rabbits. On maps where its viable I like 2 mini bases for tri pump of jack rabbits. When I have 7-10 jack rabbits I will go find and kill any mini bases he has while continuing to pump jack rabbits. Once I get 15-20 I will go poke at his main but he will probably have turrets up. No big deal bc now you can keep him from expanding anywhere and you can transition into any build you want.

> 2695457991280734;9:
> > 2533274831720070;7:
> > > 2695457991280734;5:
> > > I would encourage more 1 base plus mini base play. You said you focus on base building - do you mean you try to get your natural expansion up quickly or do you go for 1-2 mini bases?
> > >
> > > If you are a Kinsano main then I would strongly encourage you to use Jack Rabits to contain and expand. Early Kinsano Jack Rabbit play is perfect for keeping the opponent on one base while expanding yourself. You could follow your “base build” desire rather safely if you use Jack Rabbits. Kinsano Jack Rabbits are too good not to use imo: Early Redline and Turret Drop plus 10-20 jack rabbits so VERY good.
> >
> > So pretty much the answer to my other post from right now. Alright how does that rabbit strategy work anyways I have never done it. Do you build or research first? Continue pumping them out or set a limit? Basic tips, thanks!
> >
> > By base building I meant 2 or 3 main bases in the first 5 minutes. I focused on researching, building my army, and bases at the same time. Once I was maxed out I wiped out the enemy. Of course I had to skirmish with the enemy while doing all that or I would lose quickly.That is how always won but I realize that won’t work anymore.
>
> That style of play isn’t “wrong” per se but I think you will run into problems very quickly in terms of getting to that super upgraded point because other higher level players could come kill you pretty easily off of 1-1.5 or 2 base play. In my experience a third base really doesn’t pay for itself due to diminishing returns. From an upgrade standpoint I can see where your coming from with getting more power BUT I think two upgraded generators suffices for most of the game.
>
> In terms of jack rabbit play I would recommend from start of the game
>
> Supply pad
> 1st jack rabbit
> Grenade launcher upgrade
> generator
> upgrade first supply pad
> supply pad
> mini base
> supply pad
> 2nd jack rabbit *produce jack rabbits non stop going forward until you have 15-20
> supply pad
> supply pad
> supply pad at mini base
> upgrade support drone
> second mini base if you want
>
> Constantly be pumping jack rabbits. On maps where its viable I like 2 mini bases for tri pump of jack rabbits. When I have 7-10 jack rabbits I will go find and kill any mini bases he has while continuing to pump jack rabbits. Once I get 15-20 I will go poke at his main but he will probably have turrets up. No big deal bc now you can keep him from expanding anywhere and you can transition into any build you want.

Reached my post limit yesterday so couldn’t thank you. But awesome thanks again.

> 2533274831720070;10:
> > 2695457991280734;9:
> > > 2533274831720070;7:
> > > > 2695457991280734;5:
> > > > I would encourage more 1 base plus mini base play. You said you focus on base building - do you mean you try to get your natural expansion up quickly or do you go for 1-2 mini bases?
> > > >
> > > > If you are a Kinsano main then I would strongly encourage you to use Jack Rabits to contain and expand. Early Kinsano Jack Rabbit play is perfect for keeping the opponent on one base while expanding yourself. You could follow your “base build” desire rather safely if you use Jack Rabbits. Kinsano Jack Rabbits are too good not to use imo: Early Redline and Turret Drop plus 10-20 jack rabbits so VERY good.
> > >
> > > So pretty much the answer to my other post from right now. Alright how does that rabbit strategy work anyways I have never done it. Do you build or research first? Continue pumping them out or set a limit? Basic tips, thanks!
> > >
> > > By base building I meant 2 or 3 main bases in the first 5 minutes. I focused on researching, building my army, and bases at the same time. Once I was maxed out I wiped out the enemy. Of course I had to skirmish with the enemy while doing all that or I would lose quickly.That is how always won but I realize that won’t work anymore.
> >
> > That style of play isn’t “wrong” per se but I think you will run into problems very quickly in terms of getting to that super upgraded point because other higher level players could come kill you pretty easily off of 1-1.5 or 2 base play. In my experience a third base really doesn’t pay for itself due to diminishing returns. From an upgrade standpoint I can see where your coming from with getting more power BUT I think two upgraded generators suffices for most of the game.
> >
> > In terms of jack rabbit play I would recommend from start of the game
> >
> > Supply pad
> > 1st jack rabbit
> > Grenade launcher upgrade
> > generator
> > upgrade first supply pad
> > supply pad
> > mini base
> > supply pad
> > 2nd jack rabbit *produce jack rabbits non stop going forward until you have 15-20
> > supply pad
> > supply pad
> > supply pad at mini base
> > upgrade support drone
> > second mini base if you want
> >
> > Constantly be pumping jack rabbits. On maps where its viable I like 2 mini bases for tri pump of jack rabbits. When I have 7-10 jack rabbits I will go find and kill any mini bases he has while continuing to pump jack rabbits. Once I get 15-20 I will go poke at his main but he will probably have turrets up. No big deal bc now you can keep him from expanding anywhere and you can transition into any build you want.
>
> Reached my post limit yesterday so couldn’t thank you. But awesome thanks again.

I didn’t know there was a post limit O___o good to know!

Your welcome!

I’m main forge in Onyx league(pc) and i can beat almost every rabbit (still lose in some games)

i hate to play jackrabbit rush too so here’s my opinion ( sorry for my bad english )

i think kisano’s jackrabbit is the best for now.
btw as i play forge i went to this BO every time (it may help you a bit i never play kisano)

1 gen > 100% upgrade , 1 jackrabbit instead of marine >> use rabbit to gather power in the middle of the map ( or large power )
x2 pad > 100% upgrade ( if you go first gen and get upgrade immediatly you will gain enough power to upgrade 2 pads )
then x2 more pad

your first 2 marines after gather some resource get mini base (2 mini base would be great) (around 1:00-1:15 min of the game) and if you get x2 pad upgraded you will have enough supply for 2nd gen( 500 points )
after your mini base complete this timing you will get 2nd lv of leader’s power then 100% 2nd gen upgrade it. you will gain a lot of supply and power now

from now you have to use your rabbit to check what’s the enemy doing.
judge by barrack or mass pad if there’s no pad have to check every mini base. / or you see rabbit upgraded if you can’t see or not sure just build 1 turret this build give you a lot of supply so just 300 for safe play its not a problem.

if they are going to rabbit just mass turret and tech up now. (gain a lot of power from x2 gen) and use your rabbit to exapnd every mini base in the map why ?
because rabbit cant be everywhere in the same time they have to stick to do a mass dmg so you just use 1 rabbit to expand everywhere and buy a time while you go to tier 2(i think its fastest and safest tier 2 timing compare to any leaders)

from now normally jackrabbit players will go to hornet or sniper why?
because mostly UNSC player will counter rabbit by cyclop so sniper and hornet can counter it very easy
i prefer to double garage and hog spam to counter rabbit and mass expand get tier3 asap and get gauss cannon for hog

the reason of hog is because hog can counter blind sniper and blind hornet pretty easy even they go to cyclop hog still can do a good job and forge’s power is
call kodiak which is very goooood against infantry (80% of a time go to kodiak instead of cheap vehical) and then the game will move to mid-late game stage
if you go garage you will have a better tech and economy because of economy build in the early game.

btw key to victory in my opinion is make a lot of economy then survive and get a better tech to counter / control a map > get even better tech and economy.
kodiak and grizzly are too slow to build and reinforce normally i make only hog and use only leader power to call kodiak and grizzly.

hope it help you.
understand you. because i hate rushy player who just mass jackrabbit and get onyx league.

So is it safe to assume that in high level play rabbit rush is a most of the time strategy? There has to be a counter.

Here’s a video guide of the Kinsano Rabbit rush