I've seen'em, read about'em: Needle Rifles...

If we have a chance for Halo 4 or 5, I think we should include them into the array of weapons we have now. Yes, I’ve read a lot of NRthreads, yes, I know the argument of redundancy, but I’ve thought up a way to bring them back and make them different at the same time.

If we tweak a few things, they could fit quite nicely. Such as:

1. Adjust scope power to a unique 2.5x zoom, so it can be a good mix of mid-long range. (Should add some new level of play to it.)

2. Make it so the user can fire the weapon as fast as they can. (No fire-rate cap). To compensate for this, lower the damage from a 6sk to a 10sk(9 for shields and 1 for the head).

3. Super combine at 11 shots, making for quick body-shot kills.

4. Remove bloom, and fully automatic status.

If you think this is a good idea please leave a like, or if you have something you think would be better, post a reply!

So basically a mid/long range carbine/needler/machine gun hybrid?

> So basically a mid/long range carbine/needler/machine gun hybrid?

More like a Needler/Carbine/Lightrifle hybrid.

… A Needle Rifle that has no fire rate cap. Sorry you lost me there.

> > So basically a mid/long range carbine/needler/machine gun hybrid?
>
> More like a Needler/Carbine/Lightrifle hybrid.

How much would a magazine hold and what about kill time?

I wish the needle rifle among other weapons should return for Halo 5. Even if it isn’t used in the campaign or multiplayer, just have them in the game to use in customs. The Xbox one has enough ram and power so this shouldn’t be a problem.

Also, I loved the Needle rifle but I don’t think removing the fire cap is a good idea. It would make it way too powerful since you don’t need to headshot anyone to kill them.

I just want the thing in the game. Should be long-range, and make things go boom in a cloud of pink awesomeness.

Don’t really care about the details.

> > > So basically a mid/long range carbine/needler/machine gun hybrid?
> >
> > More like a Needler/Carbine/Lightrifle hybrid.
>
> How much would a magazine hold and what about kill time?

20 needles in a magazine, and the killtime would obviously vary per user, as nobody has the same trigger finger.

The magazine the rifle had in Reach was 21, but I felt since I reduced the damage to a 10sk I’d match the mag.

Your “Redundancy Fixes” basically just turn it into the Carbine -_-.

If you ask me, the idea that the Covenant needs a precise equivalent to the DMR and LR makes sense to me too. And the best way to do this would be to have it behave almost exactly the same as it did in the zero-bloom variant of Halo Reach. The shots go straight, a 2.5x scope is acceptable. And the pace between shots keeps it from being the same as the Carbine, which should fire faster, but NOT be automatic, and NOT shoot straight.

i was thinking make the automatic fire the only way to fire it, making it a true automatic. make it effective at x3 range competitive with the DMR and lightrifle, give it a rate of fire between the AR and carbine, and make it a 11sk give or take a shot.

> Your “Redundancy Fixes” basically just turn it into the Carbine -_-.
>
> If you ask me, the idea that the Covenant needs a precise equivalent to the DMR and LR makes sense to me too. And the best way to do this would be to have it behave almost exactly the same as it did in the zero-bloom variant of Halo Reach. The shots go straight, a 2.5x scope is acceptable. And the pace between shots keeps it from being the same as the Carbine, which should fire faster, but NOT be automatic, and NOT shoot straight.

Bleh.

We don’t need more DMR-like weapons. Pin point precision weapons kill movement on maps and make BTB games a camp fest. If DMR-like weapons are to exist, they should exist as mid level Power Weapons like the CR, SAW, Sticky Launcher, etc.

Concerning the concept of a Needler Rifle (waits for the fanatics to correct me) then I go with S 000 DeM’s stance: I want it in the game, I want it to be a mid range weapon, and I want people to go boom when they die.

I do care about the specifics though. If only in the fact that I want the gun to be full automatic and the best weapon of the bunch so I can troll all the competitives.

It sounds like a cross between a DMR and a Carbine to tell the truth.

Now how about This!

-Shoots 3 projectiles at the same time.
-Has 3 needle pods sticking out the sides and top in the same fashion as the needler.
-Slight homing capabilities similar to the needler but obviously reduced.
-Fire rate similar to a Scattershot.
-4sk or 8 needles for super-combine.
-Magazine size 36 needles.
-2x scope,RRR 30 meters(unscoped)90 meters(scoped).
-Kill time obviously close to the BR.

Sounds pretty unique to me, or just use something similar to what OP said.Though i like mine the most!

I do think it should be the Covenant’s answer to the DMR and LightRifle. the Carbine already fills their mid-range niche.

Also, how about a Heavy Needler that acts kind of like a Spartan Laser? If you guys played Halo Wars you know what I mean.

> I do think it should be the Covenant’s answer to the DMR and LightRifle. the Carbine already fills their mid-range niche.
>
> Also, how about a Heavy Needler that acts kind of like a Spartan Laser? If you guys played Halo Wars you know what I mean.

Like a giant needle launcher you charge up to impale enemy spartans with? Because that would definitely be cool.

Charge it up like the rail gun, but next thing you know you’ve just shoved a 5-foot needle entirely through an enemy.

> > I do think it should be the Covenant’s answer to the DMR and LightRifle. the Carbine already fills their mid-range niche.
> >
> > Also, how about a Heavy Needler that acts kind of like a Spartan Laser? If you guys played Halo Wars you know what I mean.
>
> Like a giant needle launcher you charge up to impale enemy spartans with? Because that would definitely be cool.
>
> Charge it up like the rail gun, but next thing you know you’ve just shoved a 5-foot needle entirely through an enemy.

Sure, but I was also thinking an anti-vehicle role.

Please feel free to contribute to those Needle Rifle threads or to here: https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst196730_Halo-5-Community-Suggestion-Thread.aspx