I've Said it before, I'll say it again...

The boltshot is way too over powered. there. i said it. im tired of the invis camping, then the one hit kill. my k/d has dropped so much because of it. but alas. ive started using the boltshot. and well i hate this weapon and was wondering what the status was on it??

Boltshot is too OP, dont believe me…see for yourself!!

just sayin…

if they’d nerf the boltshot I might actually play more Halo 4. It’s the most annoying gun when a player who has sub-par aim can rip your shields and health away from a distance.

Make it a killstreak.

> if they’d nerf the boltshot I might actually play more Halo 4. It’s the most annoying gun when a player who has sub-par aim can rip your shields and health away from a distance.

yea i completely agree. something that strong shouldnt be a loadout. at least…

> Make it a killstreak.

“meanwhile in Call of Duty, someone is stung with a rubber bullet.”

Yeah they definitely need to nerf it.

its not a bad weapon it just need to be nerfed a bit. or leave it the way it is and make it an ordinance weapon at least.

Nerf I rage so much playing halo 4 today because of some peanut butter and the Boltshot.

> Nerf I rage so much playing halo 4 today because of some peanut butter and the Boltshot.

honey roasted Peter Pan is my fave :smiley:

and yes Nerf…sounds good to me!

so 343 any thoughts on this? any considerations? and questions for the community perhaps?

Disgusting weapon far too strong to spawn with.

Haha I like how he didnt even go for the Scattershot

Why would you?

Sentry is not fooled by Active Camo.

Just needs some changes. Id say a longer charge time and one charge drains the whole clip

> Haha I like how he didnt even go for the Scattershot

That’s more that the scattershot sucks. I drop my boltshot for a shotgun tho.

Also, the gameplay wasn’t overlying impressive. You played a gametype with a lot of CQC and while not really playing the objective you scored maybe +5 or +6 against some noobs running around with ARs. Gratz?

That video hardly shows that it is OP. You used a weapon in it’s ideal setting, against idiots.
Right at the start the guy sprinted up middle, clearly you were in his sight, and he still sprinted.
then not long after, you are holding the ball in the middle and someone is about 10 feet from you shooting your teammate and ignoring you with the objective.

If you die to someone who is using camo and boltshot you have to be equally mentally or strategically challenged as these people you were killing.
Camo lights you up like chinese new year, anyone who can pay even a little bit of attention to their motion tracker can tell exactly where a camo user is.
The boltshot also makes a charging sound that is easy to hear. If you are moving in to an area that has radar jamming and hear that noise and still die then it isn’t the boltshot that is OP; it’s your lack of thinking things through.

> Camo lights you up like chinese new year, anyone who can pay even a little bit of attention to their motion tracker can tell exactly where a camo user is.

I know he’s in the room next to me.

I don’t know if he is behind a crate, behind a wall, right next to the entrance, etc.

Camo users have a distinct advantage in that you stick out like a neon vest at night, but they don’t because they blend in with the surrounding area. They are bound to see you before you see them.

If the only possible solution is “don’t enter the room”, you not only have a flawed ability but one that completely breaks game modes like Dominion.

You can toss nades in, but they could be behind cover as I said above.

Camo users aren’t impossible to kill, but they have the upper hand.

> The boltshot also makes a charging sound that is easy to hear.

That would be valid if the boltshot didn’t have an extremely fast charging time. You can fire it pretty much as soon as the fins are fully extended.

Half your argument can also be applied to Shotguns in general, doesn’t make them any less of a power weapon.

> That video hardly shows that it is OP. You used a weapon in it’s ideal setting, against idiots.
> Right at the start the guy sprinted up middle, clearly you were in his sight, and he still sprinted.
> then not long after, you are holding the ball in the middle and someone is about 10 feet from you shooting your teammate and ignoring you with the objective.
>
> If you die to someone who is using camo and boltshot you have to be equally mentally or strategically challenged as these people you were killing.
> Camo lights you up like chinese new year, anyone who can pay even a little bit of attention to their motion tracker can tell exactly where a camo user is.
> The boltshot also makes a charging sound that is easy to hear. If you are moving in to an area that has radar jamming and hear that noise and still die then it isn’t the boltshot that is OP; it’s your lack of thinking things through.

^^^^^^must be a boltshot user.

first and foremost. the video does EXACTLY just that. youre right the first guy, i was even yelling at my tv “WHAT AN IDIOT! How did he not see me?!?!” ill give you that. and then once i grabbed the ball yeah no one was even paying attention till i got shot in the back.

second. how can you be “metally challenged” to invis and a power weapon!?

ramir3z77 said it perfect: "I know he’s in the room next to me.

I don’t know if he is behind a crate, behind a wall, right next to the entrance, etc.

Camo users have a distinct advantage in that you stick out like a neon vest at night, but they don’t because they blend in with the surrounding area. They are bound to see you before you see them."

i mean dont get me wrong i have an easier time finding people who are invis (once they are mobile, a different diamond shows up on radar) if they dont move, you dont know where theyre at. theyre is not significant sign showing which one they are.

and it doesnt take long to charge it up, by the time i come flying around the corner and hear that charge noise its already too late, even ata half charge you can still do alot of damage if not kill the person.

and the fact that you think that the most powerful loadout weapon isnt strong at all…sounds like YOU need to think things thru.