I've pretty much given up on Halo 4

It’s just not as fun as the other games were, and I really just want to play Halo. It frustrates me because it’s such a simple request. COD does it right keeping their core gameplay, their fans don’t have these issues. I really want to play Halo, not 343’s vision of Halo BUNGIE’s masterpiece of a game. I’m done with this game, Halo 5 better have a beta and return to classic gameplay because if it doesn’t I guarantee it won’t fare much better than Halo 4 did. So, I’ll probably be playing Halo 3, Reach, CoD: Black Ops II and other games.

Also, if anyone feels the same about this game show support by participating in Bungie day and repopulating Halo 3 and Halo Reach. This is our best way to show 343 that we still prefer the classic style of Halo to this new style.

Bungie Day

Halo 3: Repopulation Revolution

#Revivethefight

“Oh but then it will just be the same game with better graphics and a new campaign, you don’t want that do you?” A well, YES!

New things are nice, good job 343. But new should not come with the cost at loosing what your supposed to be built on.

> COD does it right keeping their core gameplay, their fans don’t have these issues.

Um, no. CoD has recieved such huge negative backlash in the last few years because of this.

Also, there are changes between each CoD game that change the overall game.

Lastly, it’s not just a “simple” request. The idea of “classic” Halo changes between each person and there’s no real one “rule” for it.

…granted, a large variety of options to cater to everybody wouldn’t hurt.

> Um, no. CoD has recieved such huge negative backlash in the last few years because of this.

From outside gamers, maybe. The numbers don’t lie, Black Ops 2 is a massive success on every platform.

> Also, there are changes between each CoD game that change the overall game.

Not particularly. They change how killstreaks and perks are earned and add new zombie features, but that’s all I can think of.

> Lastly, it’s not just a “simple” request. The idea of “classic” Halo changes between each person and there’s no real one “rule” for it.

To me classic is Pistols on Hang em High. But I would definitely prefer BR starts on Guardian over what we have now. Or hell, you could even have both in the same playlist as voting options.

It really is not that complicated.

> #Revivethefight

That hashtag is a lot catchier than many other I’ve seen on here, but they only actually work if they’re are used on twitter and by allot of people.

Hasn’t this “Repopulate Halo 3” idea been done before and failed?

> [
>
> Lastly, it’s not just a “simple” request. The idea of “classic” Halo changes between each person and there’s no real one “rule” for it.

Classic = Everyone starts with the same weapon, motion trackers on, no sprint, fusion coils/hazards on maps, and weapons are on the map as pick ups.

Obviously certain maps require vehicles, but it really isn’t that hard.

> Hasn’t this “Repopulate Halo 3” idea been done before and failed?

Multiple times, but each time the pop gets slightly higher.

Stop complaining and go play call of duty

> Stop complaining and go play call of duty

What kind of logic is this?

People are not satisfied with Halo 4 so they should go play Call of Duty?

> > Stop complaining and go play call of duty
>
> What kind of logic is this?
>
> People are not satisfied with Halo 4 so they should go play Call of Duty?

Judging from the population drop the majority of people have already done that.

> Hasn’t this “Repopulate Halo 3” idea been done before and failed?

It has been done before, and the last one was rather successful. It isn’t a permanent re-population, it is only supposed to be for one day.

> Judging from the population drop the majority of people have already done that.

CoD has had a population drop since November, it hasn’t been as dramatic as Halo 4’s but it is still noticeable. Every CoD game has a significant population drop around June-ish. Then people start hyping up the next game.

Would people stop referencing CoD when discussing? The franchise is terrible, and to use it as an example just goes to show how bad things are in the FPS genre.
CoD is killing FPS’s.

> > Judging from the population drop the majority of people have already done that.
>
> CoD has had a population drop since November, it hasn’t been as dramatic as Halo 4’s but it is still noticeable. Every CoD game has a significant population drop around June-ish. Then people start hyping up the next game.
>
> Would people stop referencing CoD when discussing? The franchise is terrible, and to use it as an example just goes to show how bad things are in the FPS genre.
> <mark>CoD is killing FPS’s</mark>.

Why is that? COD can keep his population they buy what they expect to get simple as that

> I COD does it right keeping their core gameplay, their fans don’t have these issues.

CoD fans have issues of their own, They cling desperately to unoriginal ideas and lack competitive thought abilities. This is a link to an article discussing this.

I enjoy seeing new things in Halo, but only if that “new” means new, original ideas. What we see here are a lot of concepts taken from generic shooters such as CoD, which is why we are so vocal about our discontent.

I would like Halo to return to somewhat of an arena style game:
-Most games start off players with Assault Rifle/Battle Rifle(BR only for special game types), magnum(human) pistol, and frag grenades.
-All power weapons(including plasma pistols/grenades) and abilities such as overshields, active camo, speed and damage boosts are pickups.
-In game loadout selections that offer a choice of Armor Abilities(excluding active camo) with identical weapons are in each game (except for special gametypes).
-Sprint is an Armor ability.

So much bias in that repop rev thread. I couldn’t read it.

[/quote]
I enjoy seeing new things in Halo, but only if that “new” means new, original ideas. <mark>What we see here are a lot of concepts taken from generic shooters such as CoD, which is why we are so vocal about our discontent.</mark>
I would like Halo to return to somewhat of an arena style game:
-Most games start off players with Assault Rifle/Battle Rifle(BR only for special game types), magnum(human) pistol, and frag grenades.
-All power weapons(including plasma pistols/grenades) and abilities such as overshields, active camo, speed and damage boosts are pickups.
-In game loadout selections that offer a choice of Armor Abilities(excluding active camo) with identical weapons are in each game (except for special gametypes).
-Sprint is an Armor ability.
[/quote]
which is probubly why a lot of people compare h4 to COD. me , I havent played MP Halo 3 just the campaign (so I cant say anything about it, I may try it sometime), I’ve mainly went back to Reach when I get frustrated enough with h4 (which takes about 40 minutes)or even Borderlands 2