I've never complained

but this time I will, when I heard the BTB update is up, I got really excited and couldn’t wait for the update to finish but little did I know it would be this bad.

Honestly what the -Yoink- is this? You’re just going to destroy the most popular Halo playlist ever with maps that look straight from Halo CE? It looks like it hasn’t been rendered yet, and the textures are awful to look at. Not to mention that ultra-bright sun that makes it hard to shoot. Another thing is they play nothing like the maps they’re inspired by. Standoff on 360 Halo 3 LOOKS and PLAYS ten times better than Headlong. Also JIP in a ranked playlist? Was it so hard for you guys to make it a social one? When they said Halo 5 was gonna have the most maps out of the series, I didn’t expect it was gonna be 2 Forge maps in Arena, 3 Breakout maps that look exactly the same and 2 maps being remixes of 2 other maps. And who says the next map packs aren’t going to be more Forge maps?

I hope these maps are just a placeholder for real studio-made BTB maps and don’t leave BTB like this. I’m trying to love Halo 5 but with stupid decisions like this it’s really hard to do so. Maybe I should pick up BLOP3 and play that until 343i finally listens to the community.

I don’t like the winter map, but I love the the map that’s based of Halo 3’s map, stand off, i think.

Yeah go play BO3 please. such people we don’t need in the Community… the Maps are Great for Forge Maps and show how powerful Forge is, if you can’t deal with that, then bye!

If BTB had actual maps, warzone population would die. They bet too much on warzone, why would they make BTB look presentable? A mantus, banshee, and multiple ghosts on a map, rockets, spartan laser, sniper… Just a -Yoink- fest, not BTB. Smh 343

> 2533274829152119;3:
> Yeah go play BO3 please. such people we don’t need in the Community… the Maps are Great for Forge Maps and show how powerful Forge is, if you can’t deal with that, then bye!

If you want to showcase Forge, this isn’t the way to do it. People like you are the problem of the community, who find excuses for every bad decision 343i does.

These maps were created, more or less, in a day or two. Which is not a lot of time for even the best forger who isn’t trying to learn an entirely new control scheme. So yes, visually they leave a little something to be desired. The craftsmanship is not what I would call “top notch.” But they play no worse than any other BTB map from any Halo you care to name. And you can’t complain about them failing to play as the originals did. The originals were not strict templates, they were just a point of departure, just an inspiration, as you yourself noted. They were intended to be serviceable BTB spaces, which they are, and they were intended to send forgers into paroxysms of excitement and anticipation, which they did. More will come from the forge and they will be better. I also expect some studio-made maps for BTB and if they are half the maps that Plaza and Fathom are then they’ll be absolutely epic. Although that won’t stop people from coming to the forums to complain bitterly about every single little thing that they don’t like. Such if life. Such is Halo.

You’ve either never played CE or nostalgia has gotten the better of you. Textures are not remotely close to the same. If you were looking to add shock value to your post, you’ve only destroyed any bit of credibility that you had.

> 2533274873843883;6:
> These maps were created, more or less, in a day or two. Which is not a lot of time for even the best forger who isn’t trying to learn an entirely new control scheme. So yes, visually they leave a little something to be desired. The craftsmanship is not what I would call “top notch.” But they play no worse than any other BTB map from any Halo you care to name. And you can’t complain about them failing to play as the originals did. The originals were not strict templates, they were just a point of departure, just an inspiration, as you yourself noted. They were intended to be serviceable BTB spaces, which they are, and they were intended to send forgers into paroxysms of excitement and anticipation, which they did. More will come from the forge and they will be better. I also expect some studio-made maps for BTB and if they are half the maps that Plaza and Fathom are then they’ll be absolutely epic. Although that won’t stop people from coming to the forums to complain bitterly about every single little thing that they don’t like. Such if life. Such is Halo.

a day or two?

did you not watch the vidocs?

the towers on Guillotine took a day or two compared to the rest of the time spent on the map…

the maps were touched up by the devs

i dont get this ignorance at all. its easy to tell the people complaining never touched or used a Forge because these maps are something i could only DREAM of making and working properly in 3 or Reach or 4

screw the textures and visuals, the scale and flow of these maps is amazing and gives me a hard on for Forge when it releases

> 2701489597929026;4:
> If BTB had actual maps, warzone population would die. They bet too much on warzone, why would they make BTB look presentable? A mantus, banshee, and multiple ghosts on a map, rockets, spartan laser, sniper… Just a -Yoink- fest, not BTB. Smh 343

There is no way Warzone would die. It is easily THE best Halo experience ever IMO. Many players really enjoy that mode a lot.

As for JIP, that is a must in BTB and Warzone. Want to see what happens when BTB does not have JIP, go check out TMCC. Good luck ever keeping a full group of 8 vs 8. JIP is here to stay in Warzone and BTB.

> 2535429089645794;7:
> You’ve either never played CE or nostalgia has gotten the better of you. Textures are not remotely close to the same. If you were looking to add shock value to your post, you’ve only destroyed any bit of credibility that you had.

By that, I meant the zero amount of detail in the maps. And the textures combined with filtering makes them awful to look at.

> 2787272447958470;9:
> > 2701489597929026;4:
> > If BTB had actual maps, warzone population would die. They bet too much on warzone, why would they make BTB look presentable? A mantus, banshee, and multiple ghosts on a map, rockets, spartan laser, sniper… Just a -Yoink- fest, not BTB. Smh 343
>
>
> There is no way Warzone would die. It is easily THE best Halo experience ever IMO. Many players really enjoy that mode a lot.
>
> As for JIP, that is a must in BTB and Warzone. Want to see what happens when BTB does not have JIP, go check out TMCC. Good luck ever keeping a full group of 8 vs 8. JIP is here to stay in Warzone and BTB.

No way man, the same three maps for both regular and assault?? I only went back to warzone because the BTB maps were unbearable to look at. The snow level?? good lord. lol

> 2701489597929026;11:
> > 2787272447958470;9:
> > > 2701489597929026;4:
> > > If BTB had actual maps, warzone population would die. They bet too much on warzone, why would they make BTB look presentable? A mantus, banshee, and multiple ghosts on a map, rockets, spartan laser, sniper… Just a -Yoink- fest, not BTB. Smh 343
> >
> >
> > There is no way Warzone would die. It is easily THE best Halo experience ever IMO. Many players really enjoy that mode a lot.
> >
> > As for JIP, that is a must in BTB and Warzone. Want to see what happens when BTB does not have JIP, go check out TMCC. Good luck ever keeping a full group of 8 vs 8. JIP is here to stay in Warzone and BTB.
>
>
> No way man, the same three maps for both regular and assault?? I only went back to warzone because the BTB maps were unbearable to look at. The snow level?? good lord. lol

They will add more maps. Every Halo game in history has always launched with only a few maps for each playlist especially when it comes to the bigger modes like BTB. This is nothing new at all. Unless you are new to Halo. More Warzone maps will come “soon”.

> 2533275010968401;8:
> > 2533274873843883;6:
> > These maps were created, more or less, in a day or two. Which is not a lot of time for even the best forger who isn’t trying to learn an entirely new control scheme. So yes, visually they leave a little something to be desired. The craftsmanship is not what I would call “top notch.” But they play no worse than any other BTB map from any Halo you care to name. And you can’t complain about them failing to play as the originals did. The originals were not strict templates, they were just a point of departure, just an inspiration, as you yourself noted. They were intended to be serviceable BTB spaces, which they are, and they were intended to send forgers into paroxysms of excitement and anticipation, which they did. More will come from the forge and they will be better. I also expect some studio-made maps for BTB and if they are half the maps that Plaza and Fathom are then they’ll be absolutely epic. Although that won’t stop people from coming to the forums to complain bitterly about every single little thing that they don’t like. Such if life. Such is Halo.
>
>
> a day or two?
>
> did you not watch the vidocs?
>
> the towers on Guillotine took a day or two compared to the rest of the time spent on the map…
>
> the maps were touched up by the devs
>
> i dont get this ignorance at all. its easy to tell the people complaining never touched or used a Forge because these maps are something i could only DREAM of making and working properly in 3 or Reach or 4
>
> screw the textures and visuals, the scale and flow of these maps is amazing and gives me a hard on for Forge when it releases

I think you’re right. There’s a lot of ignorance on the part of the average player when it comes to how forge works and how long it takes to become a competent forger. Nevertheless, while I still feel that these are perfectly serviceable maps, I was surprised at what I would call a genuine lack of inspiration on the part of the forgers. I’ve said it before in other places, and I’ll say it again here and now: I could eat a palette of building blocks and puke a better looking map.

> 2533274833869661;5:
> > 2533274829152119;3:
> > Yeah go play BO3 please. such people we don’t need in the Community… the Maps are Great for Forge Maps and show how powerful Forge is, if you can’t deal with that, then bye!
>
>
> If you want to showcase Forge, this isn’t the way to do it. People like you are the problem of the community, who find excuses for every bad decision 343i does.

The Major Problem is, that you call your own Standpoint/Opinion as a fact. Infact it’s not an Bad decision. There are People who will love these Forge maps, because lot of them forged by themself and see how powerfull forge will be, and than there are People like you, who are little graphicwh**** who complain about everything and cant see/appreciate how much work put into this due Forge. If you can’t appreciate the work which is put into it, not from 343i but from the forgers, than its your problem, because i can’t respect such attitude…

And don’t talk my argument/opinion to some 343i Fanboyism down and accept it as how i see the things. Not everything 343i does i find good, i also critique that(like missing Splitscreen, missing pve mode, no reconnect feature if you lose connection, no socialplaylists for casuals, static AI Spawn for Warzone etc) - but the BTB Update with the Forge Maps aren’t bad at all and maps itselfs looks for forge maps great!.

> 2533274833869661;5:
> > 2533274829152119;3:
> > Yeah go play BO3 please. such people we don’t need in the Community… the Maps are Great for Forge Maps and show how powerful Forge is, if you can’t deal with that, then bye!
>
> If you want to showcase Forge, this isn’t the way to do it. People like you are the problem of the community, who find excuses for every bad decision 343i does.

> 2533274829152119;3:
> Yeah go play BO3 please. such people we don’t need in the Community… the Maps are Great for Forge Maps and show how powerful Forge is, if you can’t deal with that, then bye!

What community? There is nothing left of it. Halo’s community is dead.

I’ve also had my issues so far with halo 5, but BTB I think is well made. No textues on the forge pieces yea… I don’t really care as long as I don’t have any performance issues.Guillotine looks like legoland lol

> 2787272447958470;9:
> > 2701489597929026;4:
> > If BTB had actual maps, warzone population would die. They bet too much on warzone, why would they make BTB look presentable? A mantus, banshee, and multiple ghosts on a map, rockets, spartan laser, sniper… Just a -Yoink- fest, not BTB. Smh 343
>
>
> There is no way Warzone would die. It is easily THE best Halo experience ever IMO. Many players really enjoy that mode a lot.
>
> As for JIP, that is a must in BTB and Warzone. Want to see what happens when BTB does not have JIP, go check out TMCC. Good luck ever keeping a full group of 8 vs 8. JIP is here to stay in Warzone and BTB.

I’m not complaining about JIP, I’m complaining about JIP being in a ranked playlist. It’s bad enough the game matches randoms with fireteams, let’s not make it worse by adding JIP on top if it.

> 2533274801019054;16:
> > 2533274829152119;3:
>
>
> What community? There is nothing left of it. Halo’s community is dead.

On Waypoint? Yes, because there are only toxic People. Ingame? No, a lots of peoples still play the game.

> 2533274833869661;18:
> > 2787272447958470;9:
> > > 2701489597929026;4:
> > > If BTB had actual maps, warzone population would die. They bet too much on warzone, why would they make BTB look presentable? A mantus, banshee, and multiple ghosts on a map, rockets, spartan laser, sniper… Just a -Yoink- fest, not BTB. Smh 343
> >
> >
> > There is no way Warzone would die. It is easily THE best Halo experience ever IMO. Many players really enjoy that mode a lot.
> >
> > As for JIP, that is a must in BTB and Warzone. Want to see what happens when BTB does not have JIP, go check out TMCC. Good luck ever keeping a full group of 8 vs 8. JIP is here to stay in Warzone and BTB.
>
>
> I’m not complaining about JIP, I’m complaining about JIP being in a ranked playlist. It’s bad enough the game matches randoms with fireteams, let’s not make it worse by adding JIP on top if it.

At least at that i agree. JIP shouldn’t be in a Ranked Playlist. Ranked should represent your skill and that of your team, but with JIP it fakes the resultat because all kind of things. If your teammates are to bad you kill them until they leave and then let a friend join etc etc etc(and i talk generally about Ranked playlist…i actually don’t know if BTB has Friendly fire on)… BTB shouldn’t ranked to begin with but anyway… the Maps aren’t the issues at all…

> 2533274829152119;14:
> > 2533274833869661;5:
> > > 2533274829152119;3:
> > > Yeah go play BO3 please. such people we don’t need in the Community… the Maps are Great for Forge Maps and show how powerful Forge is, if you can’t deal with that, then bye!
> >
> >
> > If you want to showcase Forge, this isn’t the way to do it. People like you are the problem of the community, who find excuses for every bad decision 343i does.
>
>
> The Major Problem is, that you call your own Standpoint/Opinion as a fact. Infact it’s not an Bad decision. There are People who will love these Forge maps, because lot of them forged by themself and see how powerfull forge will be, and than there are People like you, who are little graphicwh**** who complain about everything and cant see/appreciate how much work put into this due Forge. If you can’t appreciate the work which is put into it, not from 343i but from the forgers, than its your problem, because i can’t respect such attitude…
>
> And don’t talk my argument/opinion to some 343i Fanboyism down and accept it as how i see the things. Not everything 343i does i find good, i also critique that(like missing Splitscreen, missing pve mode, no reconnect feature if you lose connection, no socialplaylists for casuals, static AI Spawn for Warzone etc) - but the BTB Update with the Forge Maps aren’t bad at all and maps itselfs looks for forge maps great!.

I’ll tell what can be considered my opinion and what is fact. The maps playing horribly, that’s my opinion. That maps looking horrible, that’s a fact. Forge is great and all, but don’t put Forge made maps in BTB and Arena playlists.

Make some sort of a special playlist for showcasing the best community made maps and file browser. But don’t put Forge maps in BTB/Arena.