I've hit a skill block, how do I further improve?

I play Halo all the time, but I feel like I’m not getting any better at any of the games. To give you an idea of my skill (or close to it), the highest skill level I’ve been able to obtain in Halo 3 is a 41, but honestly, I’m not sure I’m really as good as I was when I earned that skill level even though I’ve still been playing Halo all the time since I hit 41. When I think I’m making a smart decision in a match, I usually end up getting killed for it and I seem to lose a lot of BR battles in both 2 and 3 unless I weaken them with grenades first. I just don’t know how to get any better at all and sometimes I feel like all I’m doing is dragging my team down because I’m not able to do anything in some matches. I know every contribution you make towards your team’s score in the game is good, but there are times where everyone else on my team all have at least 10-15 kills and I only managed like 5 because they found everyone before I did and I feel like I’m sorta worthless to the team since I barely contributed. I’ve heard people say to try and do something different than what you normally do in a match, but this isn’t doing anything either

Do any good players out there have any tips at all on how to improve? I usually just hear “practice, practice, practice,” but I do this all the time and I get nowhere. Also I’m aware being good isn’t just about being able to out-BR someone. I realize teamwork is key

This seems eerily similar to something I would write because I more or less have the same problems. I usually do better when I have good teammates so I’ve been wanting to get some sort of team together with 3 or 4 guys. So if you’re interested in something like that then give me a shout , if not that’s fine too.

also, I’m not associated with a clan in anyway. I’m just a lone wolf looking for some good teammates.

Sure, I’d actually prefer to have just a team that plays together often rather than being part of a clan. Is your username on here the same as your GT?

Yeah it’s the same. I’ll add you and see if I can find 2 other guys to make this a 4 man team. Then we can try and coordinate some times when we can all play together.

Oh on another note I need to take at least 5 to 7 day off from multiplayer to recover a little bit. I have a data capped internet connection and I used a LOT of data today (and this month) thanks to a 6 hour gaming binge. I hope this is okay with you.

It’s all good dude, add me when you can get back online. I’m gonna add you now

Thank a lot for understanding. Data caps suck but My connection now is the only way I have to play online so I’ve got to make the most of it I guess. I’ll add you as soon as I can. When i find a couple more players I’ll update you.

I can’t say I’ll be able to help in the way others here have, but I can say with infinite certainty that there is no such thing as a skill block.

Sometimes you’ll get as good as you’ll ever be able to get, no matter how much you strive to improve. You’ve reached your personal capacity. But there is a way around this. Purchase as many Master Chief figures as you can, and then use them to form a pentagram with your controller in the center. Now you must place an offering on top of the controller. Usually a Halo 2 Vista disk works fine for some reason, but it can be anything shiny. Now pray to the Thirsty Grunt that you can become an MLG pro, and, if he is appeased by your offering he will make it so.

> 2533274924282060;9:
> Sometimes you’ll get as good as you’ll ever be able to get, no matter how much you strive to improve. You’ve reached your personal capacity. But there is a way around this. Purchase as many Master Chief figures as you can, and then use them to form a pentagram with your controller in the center. Now you must place an offering on top of the controller. Usually a Halo 2 Vista disk works fine for some reason, but it can be anything shiny. Now pray to the Thirsty Grunt that you can become an MLG pro, and, if he is appeased by your offering he will make it so.

Fate smiles upon you, young dankscoper.

> 2533274924282060;9:
> Sometimes you’ll get as good as you’ll ever be able to get, no matter how much you strive to improve. You’ve reached your personal capacity. But there is a way around this. Purchase as many Master Chief figures as you can, and then use them to form a pentagram with your controller in the center. Now you must place an offering on top of the controller. Usually a Halo 2 Vista disk works fine for some reason, but it can be anything shiny. Now pray to the Thirsty Grunt that you can become an MLG pro, and, if he is appeased by your offering he will make it so.

Does this work on last gen as well?

> 2533274915643658;11:
> > 2533274924282060;9:
> > Sometimes you’ll get as good as you’ll ever be able to get, no matter how much you strive to improve. You’ve reached your personal capacity. But there is a way around this. Purchase as many Master Chief figures as you can, and then use them to form a pentagram with your controller in the center. Now you must place an offering on top of the controller. Usually a Halo 2 Vista disk works fine for some reason, but it can be anything shiny. Now pray to the Thirsty Grunt that you can become an MLG pro, and, if he is appeased by your offering he will make it so.
>
>
> Does this work on last gen as well?

It should apply to all games on all generations. If not, then the grunt screwed you

Maybe you should just get good, kid. If you want you can pay me for lessons.

> 2533274924282060;9:

All my wats.

> 2533275032731120;13:
> Maybe you should just get good, kid. If you want you can pay me for lessons.

soooo… thats not helpful in any way ^^

Pick one of 2 things that you are struggling with and focus on only those with the fiery passion of a thousand suns. If you try to do too much at once, you wont really be able to ingrain new habits.

Halo takes a good combination of knowledge and skill so pick one of each of those requirements and work on them.

For example, it sounds like you could use some work on your aim and memorizing spawn points. . I base this off the fact that you lose a lot of 1 on 1 BR battles, and tend to find enemies later than your teammates. Spawn points are easy, you can just open up forge and take a look.

And when i say to work on your aim, i mean WORK on it. don’t just play a lot and think that counts as practice because if you have bad habits and don’t correct them, they will get more and more ingrained. When it comes to aim, if you are ahead in a BR battle, you will want to aim almost exclusively with your strafe. If you are behind and need to make the other guy miss, thats when you get fancy but dont worry about that so much right away. Also, consider lowering your sensitivity, it can feel gross at first, but helps with aim until you get better habits. Also as far as your eyes are concerned, dont stare at your crosshairs while moving around, look around the rest of the screen too. You want to find your target with your eyes, then bring the crosshair to the target, not the other way around.

If you have specific things you find you have trouble with, elaborate here and we will help you out.

the better anticipation and execution you have the better you’ll do. you already know what you’re going to to (moving aiming and shooting) so you really just need to think and try to anticipate how your opponent is playing in order to outplay them.

just pay attention to any detail you can… weapon spawns and who has what weapons and knowing where your teammates are and where your opponents are are probably the 2 biggest components to the flow of the match. Crossfire (double teams, team BR’d etc.) is the easiest way to die (and probably most common). 1v1 fights are like i said mostly anticipation and execution so that just kind of depends…

but basically i hate to say it lol…but practicing and trying new things is probably the best way if u can’t improve

but like i said…focus on anticipation and execution. bettering an opponent is just as much a mental game than performance.

> 2533275032731120;13:
> Maybe you should just get good, kid. If you want you can pay me for lessons.

Can I just give you my SS number instead? I’m short on cash right now

What i’ve learned to do is kind of develop a sixth sense. anticipate and know the spawn habits. my friend never does this and gets hit from behind, where as i seem to kind of always know where the enemy is.