ITT: We remember that Halo is a game.

I’m sick of hearing about realism in Halo.

“We can sprint in real life.”
“We can evade in real life.”
“Real guns kick, so bloom is good.”
“Halo isn’t realistic enough.”
“People can do parkour in real life!”
“We can’t jump high in Reach because of canon.”
“We can’t move in Reach because of canon.”
“Halo should be like Battlefield with destruction because things can break in real life!”
“Everything that isn’t a real life simulator isn’t fun for me! Make Halo real nao!”

Seriously, it’s a game. I absolutely hate it when I see someone on here using realism as their reasoning in an argument. Halo became famous because it’s a game. Halo is fun because it’s a game.

/rant

QFT

Then why are you complaining about people complaining, isn’t that as bad as what your trying to say?

> Then why are you complaining about people complaining, isn’t that as bad as what your trying to say?

^Didn’t even read the post.

Agreed 100% OP.

Halo wouldn’t be Halo if it didn’t have that clean, pristine look to everything. And to the people that say it isn’t real enough, last time I checked friendly fire is turned off in ur game;) Honestly it’s pretty realistic if u think about it, why wouldn’t we be able to have super soldiers in 500 years…that is a pretty long time.

> I’m sick of hearing about realism in Halo.
>
> “We can sprint in real life.”
> “We can evade in real life.”
> “Real guns kick, so bloom is good.”
> “We can’t jump high in Reach because of canon.”
> “Halo should be like Battlefield with destruction because things can break in real life!”

These are true.

But what’s this mean???

> “We can’t move in Reach because of canon.”

It’s him being facetious.

I agree. But I do like it when a game follows its own canon.

I agree to an extent. Yes, it is a game and that means they have to take occasional breaks from reality. But take too many of them, and you start to ask “Why is it I can run faster than a super soldier made 500 years in the future?” Things like that ruin the immersion, and… I can’t quite get the words for it, but I think you know what I mean.

Besides, destructible buildings are awesome.

Realism is good tho

I dont want to play a game where I can jump 7 feet in the air will doing a headspin

Wait…maybe I do :open_mouth:

> Realism is good tho
>
> I dont want to play a game where I can jump 7 feet in the air will doing a headspin
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Wait…maybe I do :open_mouth:

Why not? I hope they bring back the awesome jumps.

Completely agree. Games are fun because they aren’t real.

I believe this’ll sum it up.