It's Time to Get Realistic

I’ve been on these forums for a few months now, and I keep seeing the same topics being mentioned. I think it’s time for us to get realistic in our demands for this game. If we don’t, 343 won’t take any of our requests seriously and we’ll continue to be completely ignored.

I do want it to be noted that me mentioning something on this list does not necessarily mean I disagree on that being a part of the game. I just think there’s realistically no shot of it being added to THIS game, and that people should focus on improving this game in realistic ways and ask for these currently unrealistic additions in future Halo titles.

• PvE Warzone or FirefightI KNOW it would be awesome guys, but think about the sheer amount of manpower that would be required to design this mode from scratch. And keep in mind that 343 has not once addressed people’s concerns about having this added to the game. If they were going to add this, there would have been some mention.

• Sprint, spartan charge, ground pound, and clambering are here to stayFor traditional Halo fans I know this has been a concern, but for now these are in Halo 5 and you have to deal with them. 343 is not going to scrap all of their maps designed around these features. The most that people who want these to go away are going to get is a Classics playlist.

• MicrotransactionsThey’re here to stay for this game. Obviously 343 isn’t going to scrap them now (Maybe in 6).

• Split screenIt’s gone from this game, guys. There’s nothing to change and there’s not even the slightest chance it’s coming in an update. I think most people already knew this was the truth.

• Campaign add-onsIt was announced that this is not happening. Sorry, but we’re stuck with this campaign as it is.

• Elites in Halo 5 onlineKeep up the petition for Halo 6, guys. I don’t personally get it (since IIRC from Halo 3 very few people used them), but go for it! They’re just definitely not turning up in this game.

• Changes in req system that allow people to go for only cosmetics or only warzone itemsThis one comes up a lot. Obviously it’s a popular idea for us players, but think for a few seconds and you’ll see why 343 won’t implement it. In case you can’t come up with why, it simply means that people will have MUCH less incentive to spend real money on packs. So, no, this isn’t happening.

• Warzone boss kill points fixIt was announced that 343 will not be changing this system to allow the team with more damage to get the kill or to split points according to damage dealt.

• **Buff/Nerf ______**Just stop! There’s one thing many people agree with about this Halo, and that’s that it’s one of the most balanced Halos/FPS around in terms of weapon strength. If something seems weak to you, you’re using it wrong. If something seems strong to you, you’re likely just getting killed by it to much and need to learn how to fight against it.

• Every little item from previous games being added to warzoneI saw someone the other day mentioning they wanted the focus rifle back. What? Why? If it doesn’t serve a distinct purpose, like a UNSC air vehicle potentially would, then why do you want to waste the Devs’ time adding it?

• Playlists with historically low populations in the past/EVERY playlist ever being addedI saw someone mention they wanted Halo 4’s extraction back today. Why? 343 can hardly find the time to re-add infection, oddball, etc. How is extraction ever going to make a comeback? Also, we can’t have EVERY playlist back. With Halo 5’s population at a historical low, we can’t afford to split it so thin that matchmaking becomes an issue.

There. I got out my frustration. Here are a few things I think we CAN realistically get into this game!

• New playlists and mapsWe can obviously get SOME playlists back. Infection, grifball, doubles, KOTH, oddball, action sack, etc. The focus has to be on playlists that have historically been popular, though. And obviously maps are going to be added with each monthly update.

• Social playlistsI think 343 is at least aware of the player desire for this and is working on a fix.

• Fixed Arena rankings system343 is definitely aware of this as well. Their first attempt to fix it failed, but hopefully they can figure out how to fix it soon

• Fixed miscellaneous small issuesBug patches and the like will obviously be fixed.

• Lobby layout changesThere have at least been mentions of 343 fixing the currently atrocious layout where all we can see are people’s emblems and where we can’t even mute people. Let’s hope.

• **Loadouts for Warzone (Most warzone players seem to like. Changes nothing. Arena loadouts bad)**This is, I think, the first place where I’m being completely subjective. I thought loadouts in Halo 4 Arena were a bad idea, but I think they should definitely exist in Halo 5 exclusively for warzone. I know it isn’t “traditional” Halo, but it wouldn’t change a single element of actual gameplay and would be infinitely more convenient. I mentioned it to a 343 dev I know and he said it has been mentioned before, so for those on my side here, let’s continue to hope.

Sorry if this is a brutally realistic thread, but I think people just need to focus their attention on the issues that really matter rather than wasting their time. Let me know if I missed any obvious No’s or if you have an opinion!

Seems like a pretty good assessment. I agree that this is the future. Mostly I’m excited to see H6 breakout.

I had to look up what a Focus Rifle was because I forgot.
Just awful.

While I will agree that the forums are a good place to voice your concerns and personal opinions. I agree with OP in the fact that certain topics need to just… Stop.

Great post. I agree with everything you said.

Good analysis. Sadly you will continue to see these complaints pop up on these forums repeatedly for multiple reasons that I won’t get into.

This leaves us with what I think are the most important things that can reasonably be addressed by 343 in the coming months.
-more social playlists
-more gametypes
-better post game stats
-better/improved rankings system
-more NON-FORGE maps in the playlist rotations
-improved UI/menu (already stated to be in the works)
-functioning file browser and community spotlights

I feel like these are the top features needed to bring Halo 5 up as an excellent edition to the series, not these shallow resource eaters that keep getting brought up.

Aww, come on 343, not this? I’m fine with Warzone other than this.

> - Warzone boss kill points fixIt was announced that 343 will not be changing this system to allow the team with more damage to get the kill or to split points according to damage dealt.

> 2533275016942754;7:
> Aww, come on 343, not this? I’m fine with Warzone other than this.
>
>
> > - Warzone boss kill points fix
> > It was announced that 343 will not be changing this system to allow the team with more damage to get the kill or to split points according to damage dealt.

I’ve never understood this complaint. As a team it’s your job to also push the enemy team away and keep all of them occupied. If some dude is on pride rock and rail guns Rok or Hestro to get the kill that’s other people problem.

Well, if 343 seems intent on not making custom games better after dropping the ball in Halo 4 and acknowledging they constantly looked at a thread that garnered over 1400 likes, or at least taking us back to Reach’s wealth of options, I doubt any real fan recommendation or complaint regardless of realism will happen.

I really liked the focus rifle. I’d really like that back to be honest.

> 2533274811982676;8:
> > 2533275016942754;7:
> > Aww, come on 343, not this? I’m fine with Warzone other than this.
> >
> >
> > > - Warzone boss kill points fix
> > > It was announced that 343 will not be changing this system to allow the team with more damage to get the kill or to split points according to damage dealt.
>
>
> I’ve never understood this complaint. As a team it’s your job to also push the enemy team away and keep all of them occupied. If some dude is on pride rock and rail guns Rok or Hestro to get the kill that’s other people problem.

The big complaint is that with some legendary bosses, especially the aerial ones, every single player on the map can see them and easily just gun them a few times at the end for the kill. There’s really no way to stop them from doing that.

I personally agree with leaving it as it is (despite how frustrating it is). It allows for a team that’s behind to have a lot of comeback potential.

> 2533274811982676;8:
> > 2533275016942754;7:
> >
> >
> > > It was announced that 343 will not be changing this system to allow the team with more damage to get the kill or to split points according to damage dealt.
>
>
> I’ve never understood this complaint. As a team it’s your job to also push the enemy team away and keep all of them occupied. If some dude is on pride rock and rail guns Rok or Hestro to get the kill that’s other people problem.

The only problem I have with this is that a 12-man party can easily defend a boss from a random laser blast or sniper bullet, but an unorganized team can’t do much against that. It sort of forces you to get a team, teams are awesome and all but it would be nice if it wasn’t so random when you don’t have the boss locked down.

> 2533274811982676;8:
> > 2533275016942754;7:
> >
> >
>
>

Agreed. Work smarter…

Feedback and suggestions such as these may not be plausible for Halo 5, but they can have an impact on future titles, and that’s just as important. The earlier they receive this feedback the more time they have to implement ideas. If we left it until they actually announced Halo 6, then it may be too late.

SR HoneyBadgerz, I’m not sure if you knew about this or not but Bonnie Ross tweeted something like “Feedback heard, I’m a big fan of PvE myself.” this might be hinting at PvE Warzone still having a chance. I don’t have sources but if you want me to get a link I will.

> 2533274848539555;14:
> Feedback and suggestions such as these may not be plausible for Halo 5, but they can have an impact on future titles, and that’s just as important. The earlier they receive this feedback the more time they have to implement ideas. If we left it until they actually announced Halo 6, then it may be too late.

I acknowledged that and said I fully encourage people to continue to petition for changes in future titles. I just want people’s complaints to stop being directed at Halo 5 in these areas and more clearly be directed at future Halos

> 2533275016942754;15:
> SR HoneyBadgerz, I’m not sure if you knew about this or not but Bonnie Ross tweeted something like “Feedback heard, I’m a big fan of PvE myself.” this might be hinting at PvE Warzone still having a chance. I don’t have sources but if you want me to get a link I will.

I had not heard that. I personally am on board with PvE being added, but I don’t think it will. Hopefully a PvE mode will make a resurgence in Halo 6, which may also be what she was referring to with that comment.

It just seems unrealistic for them to design a mode like that from scratch at this stage. We only have free monthly DLC until June and there are much more pressing issues for 343 to tackle for this game in that time.

> 2533274851326318;16:
> > 2533274848539555;14:
> > Feedback and suggestions such as these may not be plausible for Halo 5, but they can have an impact on future titles, and that’s just as important. The earlier they receive this feedback the more time they have to implement ideas. If we left it until they actually announced Halo 6, then it may be too late.
>
>
> I acknowledged that and said I fully encourage people to continue to petition for changes in future titles. I just want people’s complaints to stop being directed at Halo 5 in these areas and more clearly be directed at future Halos

The game isn’t even three months old yet and you are suggesting that people stop making suggestions for Halo 5. That’s sad. Not you, but that this is seen as a valid situation fans should be in.

> 2533274851326318;17:
> > 2533275016942754;15:
> > SR HoneyBadgerz, I’m not sure if you knew about this or not but Bonnie Ross tweeted something like “Feedback heard, I’m a big fan of PvE myself.” this might be hinting at PvE Warzone still having a chance. I don’t have sources but if you want me to get a link I will.
>
>
> I had not heard that. I personally am on board with PvE being added, but I don’t think it will. Hopefully a PvE mode will make a resurgence in Halo 6, which may also be what she was referring to with that comment.
>
> It just seems unrealistic for them to design a mode like that from scratch at this stage. We only have free monthly DLC until June and there are much more pressing issues for 343 to tackle for this game in that time.

Yes, this is all true, but what makes you think that they would design it from scratch? They could probably use the already made Warzone maps and modify them for PvE, it would still be a ton of work though. If PvE is added I’ll be really happy, if it isn’t I won’t be surprised.

Why is everyone so friggin’ butthurt about Elites not being playable? There were obvious problems with their hitboxes in past titles and it’s a purely cosmetic thing, that has NOTHING to do with the gameplay, or the quality of the game in general… due to past issues, it’s really probably better for it honestly.