It's Time for A Change! No More Voting System

I did not really like the voting system in Halo Reach but it kind of worked since all the maps were so bad that no one map ever really stole the votes (besides hemorrhage). That being said the voting system in Halo 4 is in my opinion flawed in that fantastic maps like Ragnarok and Exile sweep the votes over Vortex, Longbow, and Meltdown. This also true of Haven which almost always gets voted over Adrift, Complex, Abandon, and Solace.

That being said, we need a system that allows for all maps to generally be played on a regular basis. This system I think should be the veto system from Halo 3. I personally never had a problem with the veto system in Halo 3 because I played on all the maps on a regular basis and never thought that I didn’t play enough games on certain maps. Veto system also allows for mixed gametype playlists to be more successful since typically, when the choice between is objective and slayer,people vote for slayer which is one of the reasons why in Halo Reach Objective was removed from big time.

When I buy the map packs, and down the road the maps are integrated into matchmaking I want to bet bang for my buck and play on those maps consistently. I’m afraid the voting system will inhibit that as people will probably just continue to vote Ragnarok, Exile, and Haven.

We can keep weighting as well, so that the maps that get played more often will be weighted higher, but not significantly higher than the other maps.

I don’t know if it’s possible. 343 said that they’ve enhanced the post-launch updatability of the game so I would love to see the veto system reintroduced. What does everyone else think?

No one?

Forced, voting means the popular (goodish) maps get boring.

I’d rather just pick the map I want to play on and get paired with others who like it as well. That means they want to play on it and not make everyone suffer because they didn’t get the map they wanted.

> I’d rather just pick the map I want to play on and get paired with others who like it as well. That means they want to play on it and not make everyone suffer because they didn’t get the map they wanted.

I think that spreads the population WAY too thin. It’s a cool idea, but there aren’t enough people for that to work well.

That kind of system would work much better for say custom games matchmaking which I hope is finally realized in the next gen halo

> I’d rather just pick the map I want to play on and get paired with others who like it as well. That means they want to play on it and not make everyone suffer because they didn’t get the map they wanted.

This. They have the system in place for spec ops, why couldn’t they just incorporate this into war games MM??

How about dedicated servers with map rotation or dedicated for each map and game type as well.

Or the veto system back.

Or just a straight rotation of maps in each playlist. Like I tell me child, you get what you get, and you don’t throw a fit.

Anything other than the way it is.

To be honest with this, I don’t really care if it spreads the population thin. I’d rather play with a 100 players who want to play that map… than 1000 with 900 of them who hate it or are bored with it.

The veto system from Halo 3 was perfect. You got one chance to skip the map/gametype that was first up and if you did whatever came up next was what you were playing. This meant you actually got some variety in what you played with the maps.

Either veto or forced. Voting sucks.

They need to remove voting it is terrible!

Do you guys remember how often snowbound came up in that veto system?

Naw I would rather keep voting. Not sure yet if i prefer the not being able to change the vote thing though. It does stop kids from constantly changes votes over and over int he lobby but in the case were it’s really close for 2 maps, those swing votes on the third could help …but i guess it doesn’t happen that way in real politics why change it in the game lol.

(though imagine if halo 2 had voting, no we would have never played anything other than midship, lockout, and like headlong for big team lol) >_<

Black Ops II has this voting system in place where a map/gametype combo cannot be voted for more than twice in a row, I think. 343 could try that.

> To be honest with this, I don’t really care if it spreads the population thin. I’d rather play with a 100 players who want to play that map… than 1000 with 900 of them who hate it or are bored with it.

This ^. Agreed.