It's the same exact Halo ring.

It’s obvious that the Halo ring on the CE Anniversary cover is the same as the one in Forgeworld. I don’t know if this has been found yet but here is a pic proving that. click

If this has been brought up before then just let this die.

Lazy Devs? lol

Hmm… Possibly a good catch, but that hardly makes the developers lazy; that is what we call an Easter Egg.

> Hmm… Possibly a good catch, but that hardly makes the developers lazy; that is what we call an Easter Egg.

I’m aware that it’s an Easter Egg. But I’m not aware of why they would just straight jack the Halo ring from Reach.

I actually can’t wait to find out what other textures from H2, H3, ODST, and Reach were recycl… I mean, put in as easter eggs in HCEA. ^^

Good find, then I guess we could consider forge world a VERY late new map for CE.

Yeah, and the MA5B shown is the Reach AR model. Same goes for the Pistol model and the Army Troopers. Tons of Reach content is going to be in CEA. They want to show how far video games have come and Reach models are pretty detailed.

> Yeah, and the MA5B shown is the Reach AR model. Same goes for the Pistol model and the Army Troopers. Tons of Reach content is going to be in CEA. They want to show how far video games have come and Reach models are pretty detailed.

I don’t think the updated CE AR is the Reach model, they’re sure as hell fairly similar, but I think the main difference is that in the original CE the AR screen was light blue and this one is dark blue.

How do we know that’s the official cover? The trailer at E3 was used with unfinished footage, so why would take anything at this point seriously?

> How do we know that’s the official cover? The trailer at E3 was used with unfinished footage, so why would take anything at this point seriously?

I know it is because it’s everywhere including the official xbox site…

It will go gold in a month or two. Not much more will change. Including the game cover art.

> > How do we know that’s the official cover? The trailer at E3 was used with unfinished footage, so why would take anything at this point seriously?
>
> I know it is because it’s everywhere including the official xbox site…
>
> It will go gold in a month or two. Not much more will change. Including the game cover art.

While I agree with you, one or two months? More like 4.

Where is the planet in the backround?

> Where is the planet in the backround?

It’s a recycled ring not a recycled skybox…

It looks like several images are Photoshoped together. maybe it’s to symbolize all the games?

> > How do we know that’s the official cover? The trailer at E3 was used with unfinished footage, so why would take anything at this point seriously?
>
> I know it is because it’s everywhere including the official xbox site…
>
> It will go gold in a month or two. Not much more will change. Including the game cover art.

So is this, but it’s been stated it’s not the final box art.

> > > How do we know that’s the official cover? The trailer at E3 was used with unfinished footage, so why would take anything at this point seriously?
> >
> > I know it is because it’s everywhere including the official xbox site…
> >
> > It will go gold in a month or two. Not much more will change. Including the game cover art.
>
> So is this, but it’s been stated it’s not the final box art.

Exactly.

Remember Reach’s “box art” months prior to its release? It’s definitely not what’s on MY copy of Reach. :confused:

I think people are nit-picking EVERYTHING. This issue alone is so meaningless.

How do you expect to enjoy the future of Halo if you can’t just roll with it? People are complaining about guns not being exactly the same, soundtracks being remastered, games being made PERIOD.

I’d be willing to bet money that that image is NOT going to be the box art. Just a place holder.

It’s not really the developers being lazy. Installation 04 would have been the most fitting ring to put Forgeworld on, since Installation 05 was during the times of Halo 2, and Halo CE obviously is set before then - with Reach being set just before Halo CE.

It just makes more sense to use Installation 04 again, k?

> Yeah, and the MA5B shown is the Reach AR model. Same goes for the Pistol model and the Army Troopers. Tons of Reach content is going to be in CEA. They want to show how far video games have come and Reach models are pretty detailed.

I think they’ll show that even more if every model in Halo looked the same, but with much better HD graphics… This way just kind of destroys the classic Halo experience a little.

…um… didn’t Bungie say that the Reach Halo WAS the Halo from Halo: CE. So, it is the same Ring.

Master Cheif - ‘Put that in your ring and smoke it!’

lol You people just don’t understand. I know that it is Installation 04… It’s just they could have made their own Halo instead of stealing assets from Halo Reach…

> lol You people just don’t understand. I know that it is Installation 04… It’s just they could have made their own Halo instead of stealing assets from Halo Reach…

I actually can no longer tell if you’re being serious or you’re just trolling us.

Halo CEA isn’t a new game. It’s a remake of the original Halo CE.

Therefore, in a way, Reach had actually stolen assets from Halo CE, NOT the other way around.