its the end of halo...I THINK NOT!!!

lol its kind of funny how 343I like any other game company made a game with features like BF3 and COD and all of a sudden all of these cod geeks smash their fists on the key board and start raging at 343I just because features were leaked about halo 4.

well if black ops 2 gets leaked i supose the halo fans will go on their forums and do the same thing.

its more funny how all the cod geeks are comparing halo to call of duty oh well of course there same thing every time i play COD i always see,

Super soldier with power armor
laser weapons created by aliens
huge massive rings that can whipe out the galaxy.
space ships
AI’s
vehicles

oh my god how could i have missed this of corse halo is call of duty it make so much bloody sence…ok ill stop now lol.

i just cant beleave how people take this seriously cod is an alright game halo is an alright game but i am very aware they are diffrent games.

halo 4 sounds good so far cant wait to see some game play.

thanks for reading keep smiling

I wish people like you filled up this now god forsaken forum, only time will tell whether people here will change for the better or not…

true very true

People will still buy the Halo games, no matter how much they change it. Even if it’s just for the campaign.

1.) many of us hate COD
2.) you have no understanding of core gameplay
3.) instant respawn, Spartan points, Spartan ops, customizations, customizable loadouts, dont sound like call of duty to you?

> 1.) instant respawn, Spartan points, Spartan ops, customizations, customizable loadouts, dont sound like call of duty to you?

sounds similer yes… but the cover of the case says halo 4

> 1.) many of us hate COD
> 2.) you have no understanding of core gameplay
> 3.) instant respawn, Spartan points, Spartan ops, customizations, customizable loadouts, dont sound like call of duty to you?

Just out of curiosity, why do people hate CoD? I think they are fun games, but I get boored faster, because after a while every game feels just the same to me, aim and shoot. I don’t really think that’s a reason to hate it though.

Oh, and just because something is “copied” makes it bad? Because, God forbid, it could be better than the original.

> > 1.) instant respawn, Spartan points, Spartan ops, customizations, customizable loadouts, dont sound like call of duty to you?
>
> sounds similer yes… but the cover of the case says halo 4

i win.
You’ll buy halo 4 simply because its a halo game, and you admit it. You are a bandwagoner therefore any insight you have into good gameplay is invalid.

> > 1.) many of us hate COD
> > 2.) you have no understanding of core gameplay
> > 3.) instant respawn, Spartan points, Spartan ops, customizations, customizable loadouts, dont sound like call of duty to you?
>
> Just out of curiosity, why do people hate CoD? I think they are fun games, but I get boored faster, because after a while every game feels just the same to me, aim and shoot. I don’t really think that’s a reason to hate it though.
>
> oh, and just because something is “copied” makes it bad? Because, God forbid, it could be better than the original.

i personally dont hate it, its just too easy to me and appeals to too many idiots in the community.
Its not bad because its copied, its bad because its changing what made halo, halo.

Halo as we knew it is coming to an end, but this is the dawn of a new era.

the era of a halo game…that doesnt play like a halo game!

> 1.) many of us hate COD
>
> …
>
> i personally dont hate it, its just too easy to me and appeals to too many idiots in the community.

Ok…?

> Its not bad because its copied, its bad because its changing what made halo, halo.

What made Halo Halo then? And I’m not bashing you (maybe a little in the first quote), just trying to understand you, and many others arguing about this. Because everywhere I look at the moment people are saying “Halo sucks because it copies CoD!” and I don’t really thing that copying CoD is a valid argument since no other explanation is ever presented.

> > > 1.) instant respawn, Spartan points, Spartan ops, customizations, customizable loadouts, dont sound like call of duty to you?
> >
> > sounds similer yes… but the cover of the case says halo 4
>
> i win.
> You’ll buy halo 4 simply because its a halo game, and you admit it. You are a bandwagoner therefore any insight you have into good gameplay is invalid.

of coruse im guna buy halo 4 lol it sounds like a good game and id like to play it before i judge it, also please re-read my previouse posts because i didnt use the words holy crap cod is exactly like halo ( except the sarcasm part).

you can convince your self that halo is cod if you want but the truth is mate they are diffrent games.

> > 1.) many of us hate COD
> >
> > …
> >
> > i personally dont hate it, its just too easy to me and appeals to too many idiots in the community.
>
> Ok…?
>
>
>
> > Its not bad because its copied, its bad because its changing what made halo, halo.
>
> What made Halo Halo then? And I’m not bashing you (maybe a little in the first quote), just trying to understand you, and many others arguing about this. Because everywhere I look at the moment people are saying “Halo sucks because it copies CoD!” and I don’t really thing that copying CoD is a valid argument since no other explanation is ever presented.

the core gameplay introduced in halo CE made halo, halo.
Primarily the concept of “EVERYONE STARTS OFF THE SAME”.
I said us, in reference to more competitive players. I didn’t really want to say like i wasn’t one of them. :smiley:

OP I just posted something very similar to this, It frustrates me to how people can just compare a game like halo to call of duty over silly things like "sprinting, and “loadouts”
all 343i is trying to do is keep the game fresh and I respect that.

> > > 1.) many of us hate COD
> > >
> > > …
> > >
> > > i personally dont hate it, its just too easy to me and appeals to too many idiots in the community.
> >
> > Ok…?
> >
> >
> >
> > > Its not bad because its copied, its bad because its changing what made halo, halo.
> >
> > What made Halo Halo then? And I’m not bashing you (maybe a little in the first quote), just trying to understand you, and many others arguing about this. Because everywhere I look at the moment people are saying “Halo sucks because it copies CoD!” and I don’t really thing that copying CoD is a valid argument since no other explanation is ever presented.
>
> the core gameplay introduced in halo CE made halo, halo.
> Primarily the concept of “EVERYONE STARTS OFF THE SAME”.
> I said us, in reference to more competitive players. I didn’t really want to say like i wasn’t one of them. :smiley:

as long as your not one of them ranting cod geeks lol keep smiling mate

> > > > 1.) instant respawn, Spartan points, Spartan ops, customizations, customizable loadouts, dont sound like call of duty to you?
> > >
> > > sounds similer yes… but the cover of the case says halo 4
> >
> > i win.
> > You’ll buy halo 4 simply because its a halo game, and you admit it. You are a bandwagoner therefore any insight you have into good gameplay is invalid.
>
> of coruse im guna buy halo 4 lol it sounds like a good game and id like to play it before i judge it, also please re-read my previouse posts because i didnt use the words holy crap cod is exactly like halo ( except the sarcasm part).
>
> you can convince your self that halo is cod if you want but the truth is mate they are diffrent games.

they ARE different games, but its obvious that 343 is copying many things from call of duty. They are trying to make halo something that it is not, and by doing so destroying core gameplay.

> > > > > 1.) instant respawn, Spartan points, Spartan ops, customizations, customizable loadouts, dont sound like call of duty to you?
> > > >
> > > > sounds similer yes… but the cover of the case says halo 4
> > >
> > > i win.
> > > You’ll buy halo 4 simply because its a halo game, and you admit it. You are a bandwagoner therefore any insight you have into good gameplay is invalid.
> >
> > of coruse im guna buy halo 4 lol it sounds like a good game and id like to play it before i judge it, also please re-read my previouse posts because i didnt use the words holy crap cod is exactly like halo ( except the sarcasm part).
> >
> > you can convince your self that halo is cod if you want but the truth is mate they are diffrent games.
>
> they ARE different games, but its obvious that 343 is copying many things from call of duty. They are trying to make halo something that it is not, and by doing so destroying core gameplay.

yea that makes sence i just dont know why the cod geeks are making a big deal out of this.

> its more funny how all the cod geeks are comparing halo to call of duty oh well of course there same thing every time i play COD i always see,
>
> Super soldier with power armor
> laser weapons created by aliens
> huge massive rings that can whipe out the galaxy.
> space ships
> AI’s
> vehicles
>
> oh my god how could i have missed this of corse halo is call of duty it make so much bloody sence…ok ill stop now lol.

These are only the aesthetic components of Halo, the shallow surface of what we experience.

To many others, what makes Halo, Halo, are the underlying gameplay mechanics that differentiate it from games like CoD.

An example would be the level of equality that is built into Halo, where, if I can use boxing as an example, Halo multiplayer is like a traditional boxing match, where both players have head protection and gloves; they are equal in what they’ve been provided, and the person with the most skill and experience wins.

Now if CoD were a Boxing match, then we would have one guy with a helmet and gloves, and the other with an air strike! This is because CoD is not built upon a principle of equality, but on reward for longevity

This longevity is not the same as experience mentioned in the Halo match, which has led to the development of skill, but rather, represent the material rewards the game developer gives the player for their time played.

It is this principle of equality, and hence reward for skill, that I hold to be the truest pillar of the Halo games.

Bloom is a great example of what it feels like to deviate from this. It stood out to us all as an element so alien to the fundamental experience had in previous games that we demanded its removal.

Tl;dr Halo is more than aesthetics, it is about rewarding players for skill.

> the core gameplay introduced in halo CE made halo, halo.
> Primarily the concept of “EVERYONE STARTS OFF THE SAME”.

I agree with what you’re saying about everyone should start out the same. The other part I find very vague. Halo 2 changed for example the physics of the game giving items more gravity and traction to veicles, and people still consider that part of the Core Gameplay. Halo 2 also had better veapon balance than Halo: CE. The pistol was maybe fun, but ridiculously overpowered. Every Halo game have improved something that it’s predecessor didn’t make too good. Halo: Reach was mostly an experiments so I don’t take that into the calulation.

So I ask again to you and to everyone else: What is the Core Gameplay of Halo ?