It's perfectly reasonable to judge halo4 now

I remember just seeing a screenshot of Sword Base two years ago and knew it would be an absolutely appalling map.
Turns out i was almost spot on, it is the single worst map in Halo history.

When i saw AL and bloom in the first trailer i knew they would be more than a disaster, i wasn’t wrong.

As for halo 4, sprint doesn’t yet appear gamebreaking (bleed-through damage and faster kill times should kill the “herp-derp” Reach-style double pummel), but i am concerned about the negative influence it will have on the quality of maps. Will the amazing small maps like guardian, lockout and midship be a thing of the past because of sprint? Probably, but i still cling to hope.
As for perks or whatever, we actually haven’t seen any in action yet, so I will remain very skeptical but i shall reserve judgement.

I’ve been with halo since the very beginning, but if Halo4 is as bad as Reach I am giving up on the franchise.

Please 343, don’t screw up too badly.

I saw all the same stuff you did and i didnt judge till it came out or within a month of its release… i still enjoyed sword base and the bloom didnt bother me too much. I’ve been with halo since CE and im not gonna give up halo if its like Reach be optimistic not pessimistic like most of the forums. Reach wasn’t bad either… if you dont want bloom or sprint go play MLG they vote for No sprint like 90% of the time, and whats wrong with adapting to a game? a games not gonna adapt to one group of people… the developers are going to evolve the game to keep up with competition and try to please its players… have faith 343 could take the flaws of Reach’s sprint and other AAs and improve them… think of Reach’s sprint/aa as a “demo” or a “test.”

The worst map in history was Guardian for Living Dead, endless hours spent chasing humans committing suicide just to piss off the zombies. Sword Base also sucked for Living Dead, but as an actual map I give it about a 4 out of 10. In my opinion Chiron would make the worst multiplayer map, so much frikkin’ confusion on that map.

> The worst map in history was Guardian for Living Dead, endless hours spent chasing humans committing suicide just to piss off the zombies. Sword Base also sucked for Living Dead, but as an actual map I give it about a 4 out of 10. In my opinion Chiron would make the worst multiplayer map, so much frikkin’ confusion on that map.

Countdown was up their on worst maps… people would like jump from lvls and id have to chase them… pretty annoying

> As for perks or whatever, we actually haven’t seen any in action yet, so I will remain very skeptical but i shall reserve judgement.

rereads title

-.-

Some people just have horrible reading comprehension and can’t pull conclusions out of anything. Those are the people whose opinions have to be disregarded.

> I saw all the same stuff you did and i didnt judge till it came out or within a month of its release… i still enjoyed sword base and the bloom didnt bother me too much. I’ve been with halo since CE and im not gonna give up halo if its like Reach be optimistic not pessimistic like most of the forums. Reach wasn’t bad either… if you dont want bloom or sprint go play MLG they vote for No sprint like 90% of the time, and whats wrong with adapting to a game? a games not gonna adapt to one group of people… the developers are going to evolve the game to keep up with competition and try to please its players… have faith 343 could take the flaws of Reach’s sprint and other AAs and improve them… think of Reach’s sprint/aa as a “demo” or a “test.”

Actually games DO ADAPT TO PEOPLE. But not the true fans, only to the broader casual gaming community. Halo Reach did and so did Battlefield3. Both games want more of the market share, dominated by the Cod franchise. Reach added a non-skill based progression system and dumbed down the game mechanics. The result was jetpack, sprint, AL, Camo(off-spawn) and the abomination that is the double pummel.
Battlefield is introducing the “Close-Quarters” DLC to attract more of the cod crowd. Personally i love it in battlefield and i don’t own any cod games, but that is besides the point.
Companies are changing their games to increase profits.

> Living Dead

stopped reading

> > Living Dead
>
> stopped reading

> It’s Perfectly Reasonable to Judge Halo 4 Now

Stopped reading.

> > > Living Dead
> >
> > stopped reading
>
>
>
> > It’s Perfectly Reasonable to Judge Halo 4 Now
>
> Stopped reading.

Okay. Lets just keep this forum dedicated to “i <3 343 <3 <3!!@!@!@!!!@!@eleven!@!212!@!@!” threads. That’ll be constructive.

> > I saw all the same stuff you did and i didnt judge till it came out or within a month of its release… i still enjoyed sword base and the bloom didnt bother me too much. I’ve been with halo since CE and im not gonna give up halo if its like Reach be optimistic not pessimistic like most of the forums. Reach wasn’t bad either… if you dont want bloom or sprint go play MLG they vote for No sprint like 90% of the time, and whats wrong with adapting to a game? a games not gonna adapt to one group of people… the developers are going to evolve the game to keep up with competition and try to please its players… have faith 343 could take the flaws of Reach’s sprint and other AAs and improve them… think of Reach’s sprint/aa as a “demo” or a “test.”
>
> Actually games DO ADAPT TO PEOPLE. But not the true fans, only to the broader casual gaming community. Halo Reach did and so did Battlefield3. Both games want more of the market share, dominated by the Cod franchise. Reach added a non-skill based progression system and dumbed down the game mechanics. The result was jetpack, sprint, AL, Camo(off-spawn) and the abomination that is the double pummel.
> Battlefield is introducing the “Close-Quarters” DLC to attract more of the cod crowd. Personally i love it in battlefield and i don’t own any cod games, but that is besides the point.
> Companies are changing their games to increase profits.

Well thats true but i ment in more of a specific term. i completely agree with what u said about adapting to casual gamers but just because a group of people on forums are complaining about a game they know barely anything about doesnt mean they are going to change it. And who are the true fans? People who liked h3 more than Reach? From what im reading on the forums people who thought Reach was good arent “true fans” I’ve played everyhalo game since CE came out and i loved Reach but people say im not a true fan just because i liked it. I think the “true fans” people are talking about in the anit-sprint threads are people who hated Reach or its AA’s.

tl;dr- I agree but people label who a “true fan” is based on whether or not they liked reach or whether or not they are competitive players.

I agree. That’s what I’m most afraid of: Losing that close quarters combat map style like Guardian or Lockout for sprint-oriented maps. Please, 343i. Don’t focus the maps around sprint!

> > > > Living Dead
> > >
> > > stopped reading
> >
> >
> >
> > > It’s Perfectly Reasonable to Judge Halo 4 Now
> >
> > Stopped reading.
>
> Okay. Lets just keep this forum dedicated to “i <3 343 <3 <3!!@!@!@!!!@!@eleven!@!212!@!@!” threads. That’ll be constructive.

more constructive than making another IMMA JUDGE A GAME I NO NOTHIN ABOUT thread then when somebody post on his thread he don’t even have the courtesy to listen to the replies yeah that’s Really constructive.

It is by no means “perfectly reasonable” to judge Halo 4 at this point in time. How could any person of sound mind suggest such a thing? If you want to judge the trailer, go ahead, but you cannot judge the game itself when the game doesn’t yet exist.

It’s only a matter of time now before we could possibly get some more info…just a matter of time…

I thought Swordbase was the best map in Reach. I voted for it ALL the time. Is my opinion different from the rest of the community?

> I agree. That’s what I’m most afraid of: Losing that close quarters combat map style like Guardian or Lockout for sprint-oriented maps. Please, 343i. Don’t focus the maps around sprint!

zealot is smaller than both those 2 maps and it did well with sprint. Trust me, sprint can be used on any map.

> > > > > Living Dead
> > > >
> > > > stopped reading
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > > It’s Perfectly Reasonable to Judge Halo 4 Now
> > >
> > > Stopped reading.
> >
> > Okay. Lets just keep this forum dedicated to “i <3 343 <3 <3!!@!@!@!!!@!@eleven!@!212!@!@!” threads. That’ll be constructive.
>
> more constructive than making another IMMA JUDGE A GAME I NO NOTHIN ABOUT thread then when somebody post on his thread he don’t even have the courtesy to listen to the replies yeah that’s Really constructive.

Actually it is considering we know what Halo 4’s multiplayer will mostly look like, we know what rifle we are mainly using, we know that Custom Loadouts and “Progressive Perks” of some form will take place in the multiplayer and ontop of that we know what two maps and Master Chief will look like if not negatively opposed by enough.

Not that I have anything against all of those things that is.

Alright then-
Is the rest of this girl hot?

> > > > > > Living Dead
> > > > >
> > > > > stopped reading
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > > It’s Perfectly Reasonable to Judge Halo 4 Now
> > > >
> > > > Stopped reading.
> > >
> > > Okay. Lets just keep this forum dedicated to “i <3 343 <3 <3!!@!@!@!!!@!@eleven!@!212!@!@!” threads. That’ll be constructive.
> >
> > more constructive than making another IMMA JUDGE A GAME I NO NOTHIN ABOUT thread then when somebody post on his thread he don’t even have the courtesy to listen to the replies yeah that’s Really constructive.
>
> Actually it is considering we know what Halo 4’s multiplayer will mostly look like, we know what rifle we are mainly using, we know that Custom Loadouts and “Progressive Perks” of some form will take place in the multiplayer and ontop of that we know what two maps and Master Chief will look like if not negatively opposed by enough.
>
> Not that I have anything against all of those things that is.

Good point Good point I’m just stating that there is truly not much we know about just the basics of those topics and nothing truly specific however compared to what we knew about 8 months ago that A LOT :slight_smile: