It's official, the BR is dead.

Pros very rarely using the BR, sticking with the DMR. On the few occasions someone has the BR it’s not as effective.

Ehhh, doesn’t really bother me, I hated the BR in H3 anyway, only used it because all other “precision weapons” sucked in comparison.

– Also Let’s not forget H3 is old, very old. And most people who play H4 have been indoctrinated to the Single shot DMR. So suddenly going back to the BR isn’t going to pan out very well. (Don’t try to tell me there are more H3 players still, cause that’s statistically incorrect, VERY incorrect)

Its not dead, i’m going to use all weapons. :smiley:

it depends on the situation mid range close range i would prefer a br to a dmr I personally don’t like either i feel ok with my trusty AR

So what? There is nothing special about the BR anyway. As long as there is a utility weapon period, it doesn’t matter if it is 4 shot, 5 shot, burst or whatever.

I won’t use the BR as much as DMR. The DMR has the same accuracy as the BR but the DMR has a good powerful punch unlike the BR. Personally I’m more of a halo reach fan, even though halo 3’s campaign is WAY better than reach’s.

> So what? There is nothing special about the BR anyway. As long as there is a utility weapon period, it doesn’t matter if it is 4 shot, 5 shot, burst or whatever.

It doesn’t bother me that it’s dead, just pointing it out.

I will rarely use the DMR or the BR. I’ll be using my trusty Carbine. :slight_smile:

It’s not dead to me because I’ll be using it :slight_smile:

I’ll be using dat LR

If thats true and players use DMR over BR at mid-close range then I can see the inevitable auto-update correcting that. It always happens with Halo, we all get accustomed to the way the vanilla version plays and then Bungie update and tweak the gameplay and suddenly it’s all changed. I wonder if 343 will follow suit?

Less QQ moar PEW PEW

Of course people will naturally gravitate towards to faster killing weapons or even the OP weapons. Now that the BR isn’t OP, some people are annoyed that it’s not OP.
and don’t bring up nerfing, people will attack you.

I give it a month before a TU makes the BR a 4 shot, since the weapon is a real piece right now. At least a 4SK BR would cause the DMR to not be such a utility.

The AR already beats everything at close range. The DMR already is the master at long range. The Light Rifle is more of a medium-range weapon that doesn’t do well at long or close range. The BR should sit between the DMR and AR, but its low damage output just makes it a throwaway weapon.

I’m using both
DMR and BR
When i can

ill use the BR close range. And then ill use the DMR long range until i unlock the LR then ill retire it. People always gravatate twards the gun that kills the fastest. But that doesn’t mean its the best weapon. All primaries and secondaries have downsides and will impact people differently.

Im sorry but you must not be watching that closely. Almost every battle within 20 ft that was between a BR and a DMR, the BR won. Close range battles, which if the map is a small map has almost all close range battles. Ive watched a decent amount of H4 gameplay and the BR is the smoother weapon. No it wont compete at long range with the DMR but i feel like ive addressed that…I and almost everyone i know are very excited to use the BR again OVER the DMR. So i would say i disagree with your statement.

P.S. I should also state that this opinion is directed towards the competitive Halo not necessarily the Vanilla Halo 4.

> it depends on the situation mid range close range i would prefer a br to a dmr I personally don’t like either i feel ok with my trusty AR

There isn’t a single situation where the BR is better than the DMR.

Not one.

And we’ve known the BR is terrible for a long time. The exact moment we learned it was a 5sk.

> > it depends on the situation mid range close range i would prefer a br to a dmr I personally don’t like either i feel ok with my trusty AR
>
> There isn’t a single situation where the BR is better than the DMR.
>
> Not one.

No matter how much you are deducting from gameplay videos, it’d be a lot more accurate if you tested that hypothesis while playing the game. A skeptic mind will disbelieve 343 for saying BR is better for short range, but a skeptic mind never finds content believing in one thing. The game has been in production for a long time, I’m deducting from that that BR vs DMR has gone through the weighing scales many times and there should be some edge the BR must have.

> > > it depends on the situation mid range close range i would prefer a br to a dmr I personally don’t like either i feel ok with my trusty AR
> >
> > There isn’t a single situation where the BR is better than the DMR.
> >
> > Not one.
>
> No matter how much you are deducting from gameplay videos, it’d be a lot more accurate if you tested that hypothesis while playing the game. A septic mind will disbelieve 343 for saying BR is better for short range, but a skeptic mind never finds content believing in one thing. The game has been in production for a long time, I’m deducting from that that BR vs DMR has gone through the weighing scales many times and there should be some edge the BR must have.

I’m not going to think the BR is balanced just because 343 said so, and they have been working on the game for a long time.

Bungie said they were balancing Reach, and they were working on that game for about as long. Same with Halo 3.