Its official CSR will not be visable in game

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

And will also not be ready until April!

Are you kidding me?

What a terrible disaster and complete lack of listening to the community about CSR.

I really had hope that 343 would do the right thing here but it seems its all for naught. And the waiting for the damn thing is just absolutely ridiculous for something that was said to be ready for launch or shortly there after.

Time to make the switch to playstation. -Yoink- you -Yoink!-.

The worst part: not havIng a reason why it’s not in game. Yeah, I’ve already decided PS4 will be my console of choice since -Yoink!- gave up almost all their exclusives and Halo being what it is now. New Gears game will probably be the last thing I purchase from them for years.

So… What happened to CSR already being active and collecting data? Very confused. I thought it was just the website that needed to be able to view it. Has it been off this whole time?

I’m actually going to Gamestop tomorrow to switch my reserve to Cryis 3 I was gonna get MGS Rising but that can wait… If 343 won’t listen to the competitive community. I’m not going to support them for matchmaking. Campaign however…that’s a different story.

> I’m actually going to Gamestop tomorrow to switch my reserve to Cryis 3 I was gonna get MGS Rising but that can wait… If 343 won’t listen to the competitive community. I’m not going to support them for matchmaking. Campaign however…that’s a different story.

Just a warning in case you haven’t played Crysis before - good game but multiplayer doesn’t run too smoothly. Hopefully it gets fixed for Crysis 3 because it is a beautiful game

> > I’m actually going to Gamestop tomorrow to switch my reserve to Cryis 3 I was gonna get MGS Rising but that can wait… If 343 won’t listen to the competitive community. I’m not going to support them for matchmaking. Campaign however…that’s a different story.
>
> Just a warning in case you haven’t played Crysis before - good game but multiplayer doesn’t run too smoothly. Hopefully it gets fixed for Crysis 3 because it is a beautiful game

Crysis 3 will have a beta this time around, Crytek learns from its mistakes. Definitely one of the best dev studios out there, not to mention crysis 2 was their first on console, their engine is probably the best graphics-wise

Looking forward to Crysis 3 and it’s Beta. Also, @ Deathwing you should get Rising. I just played the demo and I think it’s awesome. Did you try it out?

Epic Fail IMO. I started playing a little bit bc of the forge playlist but now I’m prolly def going to stop playing this game. It’s just so sad how there ruining the whole fan base of the competitive community since h2. I had some of the best and fun times I’d ever had with halo when I was playing to preserved my rank. Winning was everything. Teamwork was essential. People ACTUALLY USED MIC’s!!

Why change it if it wasnt broke in the 1st place. Now IMO, this game has no hope. good job 343 for not listening to your community that knows what’s best from the last 10 years of experience

Then it not being ready till april. WTF … enough is enough…whats the point of playing…once your hit 130 its really boring btw

> So… What happened to CSR already being active and collecting data? Very confused. I thought it was just the website that needed to be able to view it. Has it been off this whole time?

"Will a CSR be ‘assigned to me’ once the system launches? Or do I need to start fresh?
Matchmaking and hoppers will be tracking and analyzing data from Day 1, and when the final settings for CSR are in place, we’ll make the call on whether to use existing data as a baseline for your CSR, or to start everyone fresh in new playlists."

Source: Halo 4 Competitive Skill Rank Announcement

April 1 is the best date.

You know dude, whil some of us would love to see such system be implemented for fair competition…most people would just use it as a way to say “MAH E--Yoink!- IS BIGGER THAN YOURS GO YOINK YOURSELF N00B” so i would be glad if the system is not implemented at all.

> The worst part: not havIng a reason why it’s not in game. Yeah, I’ve already decided PS4 will be my console of choice since -Yoink!- gave up almost all their exclusives and Halo being what it is now. New Gears game will probably be the last thing I purchase from them for years.

The funny part is, this is now a decisions I have to make, as I’ve been gaming on the Xbox for so many years, now that Halo is gone and all my friends went with it, Play Station might return as an option.

> complete lack of listening

Listening is just that: Listening.

Listen lis-ten verb
1: to pay attention to sound <listen to music>
2: to hear something with thoughtful attention : give consideration <listen to a plea>
3: to be alert to catch an expected sound <listen for his step>

Listening does not mean: Do what I’m telling you to do.

And frankly: If one feature makes or breaks not only a game but a console for you, then your priorities are out of whack.

I would love for it to be visible in-game, but didn’t we already know it wasn’t going to be? We really had no reason to expect otherwise.

Edited by Moderator - Please do not make nonconstructive posts.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.

Atleast they put me out of my trolling waypoint misery. I am going to gamestop to trade this game in after work. I cant believe they killed Halo. I feel like they should have a legal obligation to put the CSR in or should be sued for false advertising and bait and switch. I specifically bought this game because pre-release they said there will be a 1-50 ranking system. I spent $60 and they -Yoinked!- me. After the reach catastrophe I would have NEVER bought this game if I had known there was not going to be a ranking system. -Yoink- YOU 343i PLEASE LIFE BAN ME FROM YOUR -Yoink- -Yoinking!- SITE

I knew that CSR was going to be pointless when they first announced it.

Also, I have noticed more and more that people are talking about other games on here more and more that is not Halo, how sad is that?

>

Bye! Or is this like when you quit Halo 4 the last 2 times?

Sign the petition. At least it is a tangible means of demonstrating to Microsoft the communities desire for VCSR.

• You will have a unique CSR visible per playlist.
• Your highest CSR across all playlists will be promoted in the player profile on Halo Waypoint.
• CSR uses familiar 1-50 scale.
• When CSR launches, everyone will start with a fresh rating.

Did I miss something?? VISIBLE per playlist. Someone please tell me if this somehow means we won’t have visible CSR

> > So… What happened to CSR already being active and collecting data? Very confused. I thought it was just the website that needed to be able to view it. Has it been off this whole time?
>
> "Will a CSR be ‘assigned to me’ once the system launches? Or do I need to start fresh?
> Matchmaking and hoppers will be tracking and analyzing data from Day 1, and when the final settings for CSR are in place, we’ll make the call on whether to use existing data as a baseline for your CSR, or to start everyone fresh in new playlists."
>
> Source: Halo 4 Competitive Skill Rank Announcement

I know, but read a more recent bulletin! http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/Headlines/post/2013/01/23/The-Halo-Bulletin-12313.aspx

> Hey everyone, Kevin Franklin here.
>
> The 343 War Games team has been hard at work on new playlist content, DLC maps, and other such goodies. We are incredibly excited for our upcoming DLC announcement, but until then we have some other updates to share with you.
>
> CSR – Competitive Skill Rank
>
> We have been working closely with several internal teams on optimizing the ranking system, and working to integrate it into your Waypoint player profile, accessible on web, phone and tablet.
>
> More Details:
> • You will have a unique CSR visible per playlist.
> • Your highest CSR across all playlists will be promoted in the player profile on Halo Waypoint.
> • CSR uses familiar 1-50 scale.
> • <mark>When CSR launches, everyone will start with a fresh rating.</mark>