It's Not Worth It

If everyone quits your game but you, just wanted to offer you some advice. Quit.
It’s not worth it to go negative 20 and give the other team hundreds of free kills, while raging. Its BS. SO many people are complaining about quitters. But I say, if it’s you up against 4. Quit. Do you really want to die, spawn, die, take three steps and shoot-die, spawn? That’s the definition of Halo hell. You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, and know when to walk away. So you early-game quitters—F You. And the people who quit after it’s 2 on 4? Congrats, you still have your dignity. The ban system should really have a check in place to see how many players were on your team when you quit. Or perhaps a great reward for having to sit through a bunch of spawn killing. That’s not fun. The purpose of video games is fun, or fair competition and usually a one on 4 match isn’t either of those things. Especially with the low TTK, one person can kill another fast enough, nevermind if three people are all shooting at you.

I wish there was a way to gracefully bow out of an uneven game if you are the last person, without it counting as a quit.

It’s really annoying for the team of four as well.

I remember one match on Coliseum the entire enemy team except one guy. We basically just spam-crouched and -Yoinked!- around betraying each other at top mid the entire match while the enemy hid from us the entire time. We had one or two people on our team searching for him but it was like a minute between each kill.

> Especially with the low TTK, one person can kill another fast enough, nevermind if three people are all shooting at you.

Lower TK’s empower the individual though. You’re never going to win a 2v1 with long killtimes, because the difference between the individual vs teamshot is far too great.

In a game with 0.2s killtimes, the difference between that and instant death (what happens with the entire team shooting you) is negligible. In a game with 2.0s killtimes, you take that long just to kill one of their guys while they are still capable of killing you instantly.

I played a game yesterday, it was us 2 vs 4. We game them a battle they won’t soon forget. Some maps are worse than other for uneven battles. Some maps you can almost hide the entire match if its just you. You can waste the time letting the clock run out. So far I’ve been lucky. I have not experienced 1 vs 4.

It would also be sportmans like if when on a 4 person team vs 1 for 2 or 3 of them to just pick an area and stay there. let one spartan at a time engage. But I doubt players will do that. Its like they are like a pakc of wolves and can sense weakness, once they do there is no mercy, no quarter.

It would be nice to have an option for an honorable way to forfeit the match if you’re the only one left.

> 2533274854386801;2:
> I wish there was a way to gracefully bow out of an uneven game if you are the last person, without it counting as a quit.

That would actually be nice… I dont want to quit but if my team gets down to two and we get owned, I Leave game cause its a waste of time for everybody involved.

This is a good idea.

Not worth it in what way?

I look at it like this, I’m playing a game. I’m not going to win every game. I don’t expect to. When I’m in a 1v4 situation, I make them hunt me and earn those kills. If they don’t get the required match points for victory, or don’t capture the flag 3 times, etc. I consider that a victory (even if the game doesn’t).

If the team is unbalanced, e.g quitters, the game should reset, or go into some kind of fun mode, free for all. I hear and sympathize with bad connections et al, but a quit is a quit, whether it is for a bad connection, which I think is mostly and excuse or you cannot continue to play. I disagree that 343 cannot tell the difference between a quit and disconnect, they may not have the resources or will to do it, but it can be done, heck, I can do it.

LOL, I drew the short straw ended up in a 2 on 4 Match, decided to stick it out just to get T-Bagged by the opponents. Finished with a negative K/D and skid marks on my helmet.