it's not 343's fault for the Halo 4 debacle.

I had my suspicions which I posted in another thread in the general discussion area, Microsoft are the one’s really responsible behind all this BS we’re having to put up with in Halo 4. When you get down to it and take a lot of stuff away, the actual game play is really fun, but it’s all the other things that make it boring and really not even worthwhile to play right now.

With the announcement of Destiny, it pretty much confirms it IMO. Destiny was planned by Bungie as early as ODST development, and maybe even earlier. They knew Reach was a lame duck game, and they did basically what every Microsoft wanted, and it turned out like crap.

343 has done the same things, and we see all these unwanted and unneeded things added to Halo game play in an effort to compete with COD. The people at 343, they know of what’s wrong, and more than likely they will stand behind the changes. You have to know that a few employees over there know what they’re doing, and wanted a bare bones Halo game. Microsoft wouldn’t allow it, they wanted all the added BS to attract the casual crowd, because let’s face it, it really doesn’t matter how many people play, just how many buy the game. We all know, or should know, that if they don’t fix things it will be just like Reach and not ever live up to the Halo name.

Please Microsoft, let 343 make the changes necessary to make this a great game like it’s capable of. Please. And to everyone complaining to 343, I believe and I don’t care if anyone else does or not, but I believe you all are complaining about the wrong people, blame Microsoft, not 343. More than likely 343 is made up of Halo fans, and they didn’t want this, they wanted what made Halo, Halo, but money talks, and if your bills are getting paid, why make a big deal out of it.

> I had my suspicions which I posted in another thread in the general discussion area, Microsoft are the one’s really responsible behind all this BS we’re having to put up with in Halo 4.

Well yeah. 343 is just another MS owned developer and they do everything MS wants. It’s their job.

The ACTUAL truth is probably more along the lines of 343i managing to put out a REALLY good Halo game, but then failing on execution over and over.

We still don’t have Fileshare support. Failure in execution.

We still don’t have the Playlists sorted in any permanent fashion. Failure in execution.

Releasing the specializations a bit at a time depending on community progress has turned into a long, angry wait because Double XP Mountain Dew drove many players to the 70 cap in a short period and BEFORE 343i could really do much about it. Failure in execution.

They did so much right. The groundwork is all fine. They just fudge up the edges in so many places.

Hell, they even sold off a GOOD amount of the possible armor choices as pre-order bonuses. Why would they chop out a good 10% of the armors in the game to sell off as exclusive? That is ridiculous. Weapon skins might’ve been one thing. Whole armors AND more. Jesus christ.

Godzilla,

I understand it’s clear Microsoft is behind 343, hell they created 343 just for Halo. But it was never in black and white how much actual input they had on the game. Just an average person, if they just read or watched a few interviews featuring 343 employees they could be under the impression that 343 is directly responsible for all this mess, with Microsoft have little to no involvement.

I’m not saying it’s how it went down, but I’m thinking that they had complete input and creative control over everything, and that doesn’t equal a successful game with a long life span, it equals what we got which is junk for the time being until they make fixes. They aren’t gamers, the people who work at 343 are, and it wouldn’t surprise me if they had their own vision and Microsoft had a “COD” vision, and Microsoft of course won out and we get junk.

Basically all I’m trying to say is people need to cut 343 some slack, and bash Microsoft instead.

Oh, look. Another thread about people crying over how much they don’t like change.

> The ACTUAL truth is probably more along the lines of 343i managing to put out a REALLY good Halo game, but then failing on execution over and over.
>
> We still don’t have Fileshare support. Failure in execution.
>
> We still don’t have the Playlists sorted in any permanent fashion. Failure in execution.
>
> Releasing the specializations a bit at a time depending on community progress has turned into a long, angry wait because Double XP Mountain Dew drove many players to the 70 cap in a short period and BEFORE 343i could really do much about it. Failure in execution.
>
>
> They did so much right. The groundwork is all fine. They just fudge up the edges in so many places.
>
> Hell, they even sold off a GOOD amount of the possible armor choices as pre-order bonuses. Why would they chop out a good 10% of the armors in the game to sell off as exclusive? That is ridiculous. Weapon skins might’ve been one thing. Whole armors AND more. Jesus christ.

You can definitely lay some blame on 343, but Microsoft rushing them to release it before Black Ops can be attributed to a few of those things, and some things you mention are just being way too nit picky. Does leveling up and getting XP really even matter in this game? Not really, it’s not like it’s Ranked.

The playlists seem pretty permanent to me. Not that it makes them any good, but there are the same permanent ones since release, with rotation each week, and the addition of SWAT looks to be permanent too. They executed that just like they said they would. They will probably continue to rotate 1 playlist each week at least until they possibly TU and add in Ranked Playlists. It’s also quite possible they will continue to rotate 1 playlist each week afterward. It’s one playlist, all the others seem pretty permanent.

The Pre-Order bonus, that’s just marketing 101, and there’s no reason for them not to do it. Retailers really couldn’t mark it down a whole lot upon release to persuade gamers to buy it from them, so they added in the pre-order bonus’s for different retailers so they would have so marketing to entice customers to buy from them. It’s like the FOTUS armor, it looks like -Yoink-, but people love it and will pay for it, if only 100 people bought consoles just for that Armor(which it wouldn’t surprise me if it was more, considering the prices on ebay for the Armor) but just 100 buying a console instead of just the game, and it’s absolutely worth it to them to do it that way, instead of letting everyone have it. Microsoft will make money off Halo 4 regardless, but they still have a lot of money to recoup to make a profit. All the costs related to marketing, development, and everything all added up is a hefty number, and I don’t blame them for doing whatever they have to to make a profit, because let’s face it, they’re not doing for it their health, they are doing it for the money, and if they don’t make money, then there wont be future games.

The Armor doesn’t even have an affect on the game other than making it a little harder to hide and of course if you have all that extra stuff on it can take hits. I go with the slimmest and smallest helmet and armor possible just because I want to be as untouchable as possible. I could careless what it actually looks like.

> You can definitely lay some blame on 343, but Microsoft rushing them to release it before Black Ops can be attributed to a few of those things, and some things you mention are just being way too nit picky. Does leveling up and getting XP really even matter in this game? Not really, it’s not like it’s Ranked.
>
> The playlists seem pretty permanent to me. Not that it makes them any good, but there are the same permanent ones since release, with rotation each week, and the addition of SWAT looks to be permanent too. They executed that just like they said they would. They will probably continue to rotate 1 playlist each week at least until they possibly TU and add in Ranked Playlists. It’s also quite possible they will continue to rotate 1 playlist each week afterward. It’s one playlist, all the others seem pretty permanent.
>
> The Pre-Order bonus, that’s just marketing 101, and there’s no reason for them not to do it. Retailers really couldn’t mark it down a whole lot upon release to persuade gamers to buy it from them, so they added in the pre-order bonus’s for different retailers so they would have so marketing to entice customers to buy from them. It’s like the FOTUS armor, it looks like Yoink!, but people love it and will pay for it, if only 100 people bought consoles just for that Armor(which it wouldn’t surprise me if it was more, considering the prices on ebay for the Armor) but just 100 buying a console instead of just the game, and it’s absolutely worth it to them to do it that way, instead of letting everyone have it. Microsoft will make money off Halo 4 regardless, but they still have a lot of money to recoup to make a profit. All the costs related to marketing, development, and everything all added up is a hefty number, and I don’t blame them for doing whatever they have to to make a profit, because let’s face it, they’re not doing for it their health, they are doing it for the money, and if they don’t make money, then there wont be future games.
>
>
> The Armor doesn’t even have an affect on the game other than making it a little harder to hide and of course if you have all that extra stuff on it can take hits. I go with the slimmest and smallest helmet and armor possible just because I want to be as untouchable as possible. I could careless what it actually looks like.

To start, I’m being less nit picky then I think you realize. I’m not really talking about anything outside of having the game function at full capacity.

As an added note - Ranking up adds a goal to every session. It is a very carrot-on-a-stick method and yes that is a really cheap goal, but a goal all the same. You can increase a players enjoyment if you make them work and earn something every sitdown. Why do you think CoD hit it off so well? They even convince their players to start over when they max out.

The Playlists aren’t done. We are missing a few and it is clear 343i isn’t 100% yet on which should be permanent and which should be rotating. SWAT was originally a rotating playlist but now it seems we are being allowed to keep it since it was in such high demand. We are missing Extraction and Grifball entirely, which where supposed to be permanent playlists since they are both in the Stats pages.

Having a pre-order bonus or two is one thing. They lobbed a good chunk of their customization out and handed it out to different stores. This is not particularly consumer friendly. It is the most minor complaint I mentioned, but does go with the theme of my post. Where a lot of the issue with the game have to do with a trip up in the way something was handled.

The specialization system particularly. So many players stuck at the cap, punished if they play the game now. They can’t risk finishing commendation or anything since all that XP goes down the drain forever. 343i clearly didn’t consider so many people hitting 70 so fast.

> Oh, look. Another thread about people crying over how much they don’t like change.

Oh, look. Another person on a thread crying about people crying about change.

This so called change has not helped halo in any way. Halo has a lower population and veteran fan base now than it EVER did in the past and the stats are there to back it up. It’s blatantly obvious the majority of the halo community disliked reach and stopped playing it. Its also blatantly obvious more people enjoyed the past “classic” halo games like CE,2,3 and played them for a much longer time. Halo 4 is very close to becoming another Reach failure unless some serious fixes are made ASAP.

Oh, and also no other halo game to date has released with so many flaws, errors and carelessness to the community like 343 has done with halo 4.

George Lucas is behind this!

Dig deeper and all shall be revealed.