It's just game man!!

On forums, online, or wherever you may be talking about a video game there is always one person that says “It’s just a game don’t take it so seriously”, and I want to raise the question as to why it’s a bad thing to take a game seriously.

In every country around the world people compete. They meet in a field, court, pitch, or whatever you want to call it and test their abilities against other people. Competition has been happening since man could first document it and over the years it has evolved and changed. From the cavemen wrestling in the dirt to now going to a football field with stands, light, and roaring fans. This is the evolution of competition and now that it is taking to a digital venue it is started to be demonized. The same fans that roar and cheer and boo for their favorite sport demonize anyone that wants to be a “try hard” in the gaming scene.

Where there are humans there will be competition and were there is competition there will be winners and loser and where there are winners and losers there will be people who are passionate on coming out on top. What is wrong with that? I personally think if you want take gaming seriously then go for it! It’s no different than a runner caring about getting the time on his mile down for the race coming up.

You don’t have to be a professional player to care about tour avenue of competition, wether that be caring about your summer softball league, your high school chess team, or your Halo 4 win/loss record. I see them as all one and the same.

I’m sure I’ll get some flaming for this but I wanted to put it out there :slight_smile:

bump.

I agree with you. I remember a time when I was ridiculed and labeled a nerd for playing video games all the time. But now, it’s completely the opposite! I guess being good a Halo or Cod is just as respected as being a great athlete or musician nowadays, which I think is pretty awesome. I just wish that everyone wasn’t so hostile towards others who may not be that good. Its still a hobby and it’s meant to be FUN!

Preach on brother. 110% agree.

[deleted]

> On forums, online, or wherever you may be talking about a video game there is always one person that says “It’s just a game don’t take it so seriously”, and I want to raise the question as to why it’s a bad thing to take a game seriously.
>
> In every country around the world people compete. They meet in a field, court, pitch, or whatever you want to call it and test their abilities against other people. Competition has been happening since man could first document it and over the years it has evolved and changed. From the cavemen wrestling in the dirt to now going to a football field with stands, light, and roaring fans. This is the evolution of competition and now that it is taking to a digital venue it is started to be demonized. The same fans that roar and cheer and boo for their favorite sport demonize anyone that wants to be a “try hard” in the gaming scene.
>
> Where there are humans there will be competition and were there is competition there will be winners and loser and where there are winners and losers there will be people who are passionate on coming out on top. What is wrong with that? I personally think if you want take gaming seriously then go for it! It’s no different than a runner caring about getting the time on his mile down for the race coming up.
>
> You don’t have to be a professional player to care about tour avenue of competition, wether that be caring about your summer softball league, your high school chess team, or your Halo 4 win/loss record. I see them as all one and the same.
>
> I’m sure I’ll get some flaming for this but I wanted to put it out there :slight_smile:

Bro I agree 100% as I feel a game shouldn’t be life consuming. Although it is or me right now lol
It’s ok to be competitive. I love playing competitive wtf is the point of playing, anything for that matter if you’re going to lose. But then again I’ve been in premier level soccer my whole life where relegation was embarrassing so I guess not everybody sees my viewpoint. But good post none the less

[deleted]