"It's Halo, Don't change" No. It should change.

Can people stop trying to turn Halo into COD. I swear if Halo followed it’s fans 100% it would literally be the same game every game and be Call of Halo in the longrun.

Halo is good because it changes while maintaining a soul and spirit. Regardless of what you think every Halo has a Halo feel. Halo Reach (And ODST) may be totally diffrent and Spin-Off’s of Halo’s original Trilogy however they are still Halo. Infact they have as much Halo feel as any other Halo.

Halo’s greatness is such that it’s feel stays but it’s gameplay and such change. Sadly it’s “fans” seem to not able to adapt. And I don’t mean to diss out people but lets take Reach for example. AA’s to me are bad, I don’t like them however they aren’t impossible to counter or deal with. And infact if it’s that bad of a deal Custom Games…Play em…If there’s as much Anti-AA people as you say there is there should be thousands of people WILLING to play custom games with no AA’s at all

You all say Custom Games are dead, well maybe it’s because you people aren’t willing to play them. Stop caring about your damn ranks, your damn DMR battles and your credits and play some customs that you can enjoy. Jeez

Then people say Reach has so many gimmcs, or Halo 3 has gimmicks and say Halo 2 and such is a perfect clean powered version of Halo in general. Yet these Halo2>All other games will not even mention the “Gimmicks” Halo 2 brought. Duel Wielding, Boarding, live, playable Elites, emblems, the list goes on. However to them these are “INNOVATIONS” yet Equipment, Loadouts and such are Gimmicks -__-

And remember back durring halo 3 when equipment faced the same negative feedback as AA’s. Well now it seems Equipment is now a better idea, So one minute it sucks, now it’s something people like and want back -__-.

Things to just deal with

1-Halo 4,5,6 is a new trilogy. It’s not Bungie. It’s a new game, a new creator. It could be better, worse or the same. Yet overall it will change

2-It will change. Face it, AS much as 343 says they want to capture Halo:CE’s feel that doesn’t mean there won’t be a ton of changes and new things.

3-Halo 4 most likely has custom games and probably Forge. If you don’t like something PLEASE play custom games. Don’t act like Matchmaking is the only way to play Halo. You have Campaign, Firefight, Custom Maps, Games, Forge, LAN, Split screen…

4-Adapt. Please. I can counter and face nearly every AA, Equipment, Combo and vehicle. It’s not hard. Stop shooting the armor lock a-hole 100 times, stop being buttmad the jetpack guy can reach you in your camper sniper spot and don’t rage when the evade Elite dodges your “perfect AIM lol”

5-Enjoy the damn game. Ranks mean nothing. Have fun. Halo 4 would be great with MORE VEHICLES and MORE WEAPONS. Not “DMR/BR/Carbine” only matches

6-Referring to #5. Variety is what made Halo fun. Not a single weapon. Or a single vehicle.

Halo and CoD will always be different games and Halo will always be better :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s just my opinion. But if for some reason i feel like playing a game where i get instant gratification then i’ll play CoD over Halo. That’s the way CoD works, and they’re going to keep doing it.

Halo needs to evolve, but also keep its uniqueness and a portion of its original feel.

I appreciate your opinion, but why won’t you just ignore people who want Halo 4 to be exactly like some previous Halo title? But to bo honest, Reach was a step in the wrong direction, the mechanics added directly impacted the core gameplay of the game. Something a franchise with an originally good formula shouldn’t or doesn’t need to do to itself.

I don’t want Halo 4 to be a remake of an older halo game, what I want from it is a core gameplay experience that encourages skillful gameplay and at the same time plays like a true Halo game. Basing the core mechanics to Halo CE and 2 is a good start, then continue to the best direction from there. All additional mechanics should be built to work around and support that core gameplay, not break it. At the same time all the additional mechanics should be intuitive, simple, and deep. In other words, the exact opposite of what Reach did. Halo 4 needs to be a good experience for all types of players. The gameplay should be designed around competitive gameplay, while at the same time making it easily approachable for players who aren’t as good at the game.

But as halo already has a good gameplay formula, coming up with a new one would be completely irrational. Halo 4 can’t be this “drastically different game”. If you really want such a drastically different game, why not find a different game series? Halo 4 should still maintain the formula it has had since Halo CE. This is where 343i could approach Halo with a different style than Bungie did by instead of trying to shatter the near-perfect formula, preserving and improving it. But there really is no logic in abandoning a perfectly good gameplay formula and coming up with a totally new one.

In other words, Halo should evolve, yes. This evolution still doesn’t mean giving up with the unique gameplay of Halo that Reach tried. 343i has a unique and beautiful gameplay formula to work with, why not use it and make it even more beaautiful instead of abandoning it?

CoD is the most successful game franchise to date.

And the reason boarding and other things aren’t gimmicks is because they withstood the test of time. Equipment, loadouts, AA’s, etc will not.

Look at halo 1, halo 2, and halo 3 and you will notice that each game is innovative and improved from the last but what each of them have in common is that they have the same basic gameplay that was altered in reach, and no I’m not one of those halo 3.5 guys but I want halo to stay to its roots while innovating at the same time because it is possible

Lets be real guys, once you’ve hit rock bottom there’s only one place to go :wink:

Halo is a tactical FPS where you control the power position and power weapons on a map using teamwork. Always have been.

Tell me how with a push of a button, one can sprint across the map and single handily disregard everything and break a setup. How is that Halo?

Tell me how the team who used teamwork to get the Power Weapons, lets say Rockets for example, now have to wait until someone get out of armor lock which slow the game down drastically. How is that Halo?

Tell me how one can Jetpack to a area of a map, which is a considered a power position, with a push of a single button. How is that Halo?

Let’s put it this way…

There are two ways Halo can innovate. Nobody is asking for them to make it the same as a previous Halo game. They’re asking for removal and reindition of several gameplay mechanics.

Halo’s 1, 2, 3, and even ODST knew the Halo formula. Halo Reach sacrificed it. Don’t get me wrong before reading my argument: I enjoy Halo Reach, and it has a Halo feel, but not near as much a Halo feel as it should have had.

Halo succeeds through simple FPS gameplay. The addition of hijacking, dual wielding in Halo 2, and even equipment in Halo 3 were all gameplay mechanics that didn’t complicate the Halo formula. They were optional abilities that you had access to, and could function fine with or without.

Halo Reach? Bloom, weapon damage on vehicles, and AA’s. They are abilities that you are -forced- to cope with. I won’t touch much on bloom because I’m no expert. However, for AA’s? You can say you don’t need to use them all you want, but fact of the matter is that the average player -will- fail for not making use of something that is thrust upon every player in the match. Vehicle damage, too, was overly complicated. You do not complicate the Halo formula and expect it to succeed! Forcing a player to use these new additions harmed the gameplay, both in Campaign and in matchmaking.

A sniper’s a sniper: It should -not- be able to decapitate the main cannon of a Scorpion. A marksman rifle like the DMR should -not- be able to rip entire sheets of armor off of the bulkhead of a Wraith. They just make anti-vehicle weapons a moot point, and make even more weapons in the sandbox useless.

Point and case, other Halo games succeed because they remain true to the simple, core mechanics. Reach forced too many changes upon the players that were major gameplay changers. Even -Halowars- understood the simple formula to a degree: By RTS standards it’s incredibly simple and straightforward, yet fun still capable of providing different strategic scenarios. Halo:Reach simply threw half the formula to the dogs and called it good.

I may like Reach, but I loved the other games. If 343i intends to succeed, they’ll realize how to innovate on the game and how -not- to innovate on the game. One thing they could do is go back and give unused guns in the Sandbox more purpose: I.E. improve the melee strike of the spiker, but reduce bullet damage. Increase the Plasma Repeater’s power, so that the plasma rifle’s speed and accuracy but lesser power add an alternative for players who like to get in close or play it safe.

Stuff like that’s how you improve but innovate. Stuff like armor abilities, only hurts the game and community.

> Halo is a tactical FPS where you control the power position and power weapons on a using teamwork. Always have been.
>
> Tell me how with a push of a button, one can sprint across the map and single handily disregard everything and break a setup. How is that Halo?
>
> Tell me how the team who used teamwork to get the Power Weapons, lets say Rockets for example, now have to wait until someone get out of armor lock which slow the game down drastically. How is that Halo?
>
> Tell me how one can Jetpack to a area of a map, which is a considered a power position, with a push of a single button. How is that Halo?

slowly starts clapping

REACH changed Halo TOO much, im all for adding things to a game but too many changes were made in reach such as bloom, AAs, Weapons removed, Jump Height lowered, Crap maps. That is what made reach so bad, they need to keep the gameplay the same like they did with halo 1 2 and 3 but just add small things that wont completely change the game for the worse

> Halo is a tactical FPS where you control the power position and power weapons on a map using teamwork. Always have been.
>
> Tell me how with a push of a button, one can sprint across the map and single handily disregard everything and break a setup. How is that Halo?
>
> Tell me how the team who used teamwork to get the Power Weapons, lets say Rockets for example, now have to wait until someone get out of armor lock which slow the game down drastically. How is that Halo?
>
> Tell me how one can Jetpack to a area of a map, which is a considered a power position, with a push of a single button. How is that Halo?

For some reason i can’t stop thinking of Valhala when i read this. The feeling i have when the game starts (Team BR’s, so there’s no banshee) My friends brother going below for sniper and watching the laser in case anyone picks it up, my friend and i going in the warthog and driving around swagging like some trolls (sometimes i just grab the missle pod and wait :P) our other friend going in the mongoose or on the lift to the hill and dying almost instantly.

Also, if you think about it… Halo: Reach came first, which would mean that it didn’t change anything. It just sucked :stuck_out_tongue: Yeah the game was awful, it’s a prequel, Halo 4 is coming out soon, and 343 surely learned from the mistakes that were made. Give Reach a break.

The same could be said about duel wielding and boarding.

Sprint gives little power. You move a bit faster. Yet you can still die. And its a very mild armor ability.

And not every game and person uses armor lock. Much as I hate it, its not like armor lockers have infinite ammo and agility. As far as rocket guy…maybe he should wait and not just blindly fire at someone.

Jetpack is also pretty mild, at least as an equipment standpoint. If the team controlling is deserving they will be able to destroy the jetpacker.

Sorry but it seems like you don’t get the new need for thinking and defensive measures. Map control is still imporrant, so is vehicle and weapon holding. However now you need to think of more then just single sides offensive possibilties. it forces you (and team) to think of logical defensive (or offensive) measures. Because now having a rocket or sniper is not giving you an automatic win. Not unless you can think of how to use them. Same with map control. I’ve seen great area control in reach. Its just not as easy. And infact in a way balances the game.

Imo. The only ability that sucks is armor lock. Over shield would be better

If you all believe armor abilities make a huge diffrence why not do an expirment

5v5 games.

One slayer. FFA (ten players) with aas, one wihout.

Then make teams based on those two games.

Then team slayer, no vehicles, small map (one with aas, one without)

Then team ctf, big map, light vehicles (same above)

Then a territory game. All vehicles…you get the idea

Why not see if armor abilties truly change the game that much. If one team wins in both cases then arguments are invalid. However if things change then they do

The difference between AA’s, Hijacking, Equipment, and Boarding?

The latter three are -optional-.

AA’s are forced upon a player. That should never be the case. That right there, is what makes the game more “complex”, which you basically admitted. You admitted it requires more complex thought and strategy… Halo should be about strategy yes, but not -complexity-. It’s simple.

Simple wins, not complex. It’s how Halo has -been-. AA’s do not fit as well as Bungie hoped… They are perhaps the central bane of the game. Almost all my friends that game on Halo agree that AA’s would be better off left as equipment, which give similar advantages, albeit a player is not simply handed them and told, “Go break the map now.”

Like it or not, Armor Lock slows down kills and makes vehicular play even more useless.
Like it or not, Jetpacking breaks map control in unnecesarry ways despite “exposing” the player.
Like it or not, Sprint makes teamwork to collect the power-weapons moot. Same for vehicles.
Like it or not, likewise with Evade.
Like it or not, constant heal bubbles make the object unnecesarrily campy to protect. It takes out the strategy in defending and replaces it with spamming.
Like it or not, Active Camo causes unnecesarry uncertainty on your -own- team, as well as making it incredibly easy to camp 24/7.

AA’s belong as equipment in Halo. All of the above are unfortunate truths for AA’s that cannot be outright denied. It happens. In so many matches. They over-complicate the Halo formula and ruin its simplicity.

> Can people stop trying to turn Halo into COD. I swear if Halo followed it’s fans 100% it would literally be the same game every game and be Call of Halo in the longrun.
>
> Halo is good because it changes while maintaining a soul and spirit. Regardless of what you think every Halo has a Halo feel.

Agreed

> > Can people stop trying to turn Halo into COD. I swear if Halo followed it’s fans 100% it would literally be the same game every game and be Call of Halo in the longrun.
> >
> > Halo is good because it changes while maintaining a soul and spirit. Regardless of what you think every Halo has a Halo feel.
>
> Agreed

Facepalm

People are trying to change the -bad- changes. There’s nothing wrong with innovating and changing a game: Halo always has and always will do that. It’ll never be a clone-breeder like the CoD series.

But additions such as AA’s are formula-breakers that force change upon the -core- of the game. They’re forced upon the player, and force radical gameplay change. They’re not good changes.

> You all say Custom Games are dead, well maybe it’s because you people aren’t willing to play them. Stop caring about your damn ranks, your damn DMR battles and your credits and play some customs that you can enjoy. Jeez
>
> Then people say Reach has so many gimmcs, or Halo 3 has gimmicks and say Halo 2 and such is a perfect clean powered version of Halo in general. Yet these Halo2>All other games will not even mention the “Gimmicks” Halo 2 brought. Duel Wielding, Boarding, live, playable Elites, emblems, the list goes on. However to them these are “INNOVATIONS” yet Equipment, Loadouts and such are Gimmicks --
>
> And remember back durring halo 3 when equipment faced the same negative feedback as AA’s. Well now it seems Equipment is now a better idea, So one minute it sucks, now it’s something people like and want back -
-.

Good points.

> 4-Adapt. Please. I can counter and face nearly every AA, Equipment, Combo and vehicle. It’s not hard. Stop shooting the armor lock a-hole 100 times, stop being buttmad the jetpack guy can reach you in your camper sniper spot and don’t rage when the evade Elite dodges your “perfect AIM lol”

I see your point. But just saying adapt isn’t going to make things better. That gets thrown around a lot… In essence, it means ‘change your playing style’. But it’s repeated use makes it sound more like ‘deal with it’.

> Can people stop trying to turn Halo into COD. I swear if Halo followed it’s fans 100% it would literally be the same game every game and be Call of Halo in the longrun.
>
> Halo is good because it changes while maintaining a soul and spirit. Regardless of what you think every Halo has a Halo feel. Halo Reach (And ODST) may be totally diffrent and Spin-Off’s of Halo’s original Trilogy however they are still Halo. Infact they have as much Halo feel as any other Halo.
>
> Halo’s greatness is such that it’s feel stays but it’s gameplay and such change. Sadly it’s “fans” seem to not able to adapt. And I don’t mean to diss out people but lets take Reach for example. AA’s to me are bad, I don’t like them however they aren’t impossible to counter or deal with. And infact if it’s that bad of a deal Custom Games…Play em…If there’s as much Anti-AA people as you say there is there should be thousands of people WILLING to play custom games with no AA’s at all
>
> You all say Custom Games are dead, well maybe it’s because you people aren’t willing to play them. Stop caring about your damn ranks, your damn DMR battles and your credits and play some customs that you can enjoy. Jeez
>
> Then people say Reach has so many gimmcs, or Halo 3 has gimmicks and say Halo 2 and such is a perfect clean powered version of Halo in general. Yet these Halo2>All other games will not even mention the “Gimmicks” Halo 2 brought. Duel Wielding, Boarding, live, playable Elites, emblems, the list goes on. However to them these are “INNOVATIONS” yet Equipment, Loadouts and such are Gimmicks --
>
> And remember back durring halo 3 when equipment faced the same negative feedback as AA’s. Well now it seems Equipment is now a better idea, So one minute it sucks, now it’s something people like and want back -
-.
>
> Things to just deal with
>
> 1-Halo 4,5,6 is a new trilogy. It’s not Bungie. It’s a new game, a new creator. It could be better, worse or the same. Yet overall it will change
>
> 2-It will change. Face it, AS much as 343 says they want to capture Halo:CE’s feel that doesn’t mean there won’t be a ton of changes and new things.
>
> 3-Halo 4 most likely has custom games and probably Forge. If you don’t like something PLEASE play custom games. Don’t act like Matchmaking is the only way to play Halo. You have Campaign, Firefight, Custom Maps, Games, Forge, LAN, Split screen…
>
> 4-Adapt. Please. I can counter and face nearly every AA, Equipment, Combo and vehicle. It’s not hard. Stop shooting the armor lock a-hole 100 times, stop being buttmad the jetpack guy can reach you in your camper sniper spot and don’t rage when the evade Elite dodges your “perfect AIM lol”
>
> 5-Enjoy the damn game. Ranks mean nothing. Have fun. Halo 4 would be great with MORE VEHICLES and MORE WEAPONS. Not “DMR/BR/Carbine” only matches
>
> 6-Referring to #5. Variety is what made Halo fun. Not a single weapon. Or a single vehicle.

Everybody has to stop saying adapt, we did adapt to halo reach. We just don’t like the unbalanced AAs, bloom, randomness, slow movement etc. All we want is a fun and competitive Halo game with good new features while keeping the same halo feel.

> Look at halo 1, halo 2, and halo 3 and you will notice that each game is innovative and improved from the last but what each of them have in common is that they have the same basic gameplay that was altered in reach, and no I’m not one of those halo 3.5 guys but I want halo to stay to its roots while innovating at the same time because it is possible

You sound like one of those Halo 3.5 guys. Just saying. I want something completely different!