It's going to be a tough series without...

Sgt. Major Johnson. That dude knew what the ladies and covenant scum liked.

They should put something from him in Halo 4, an easter egg or something just for kicks. Maybe a secret AI partner you could spawn in a level somewhere.

As much as I like him, no. They must commit to him being dead after they made that decision on halo 3. Easter eggs should never affect the story.

Mabye a portrat on a wall, an ai doesn’t seem proper for an easter egg.

Just put him in a flashback and all will be well

It is a shame but I think his death was powerful, moving and important to the story. As long as in H4 we don’t meet Johnsons son or something lame like that.

> It is a shame but I think his death was powerful, moving and important to the story. As long as in H4 we don’t meet Johnsons son or something lame like that.

yeah, funny how some nameless sergeant guy who could die in Halo 1 ended up being a big part of the story by 3
Johnson was awesome

Master Chief crash lands on what appears to be an ancient Forerunner planet. He looks around, and realizes he is totally alone. He reaches into his pocket, pulling out the dog tags of his friend Sargent A. J. Johnson. A single tear slides down his face…

There are plenty of ways for Johnson to return (not necessarily as an AI):

-cutscene easter egg. Move the left stick at the right time to see Johnson
-poster with Johnson on it
-quote references
-something to do with Johnson’s laser
-something to do with Johnson’s hog
-something to do with Johnson’s cigarettes
-Johnson moments! jk
-an invincible enemy Johnson that is placed at a really high point guarding something Scarab gun esque
-teleporting to a tribute room esque location that has a Johnson AI (he gives you a salute like he did in H2 and can be killed and gets back up like in H3) that you can bring with you to the end of the mission

> Easter eggs should never affect the story.

While that is true, remember that H2 had special AI placed at certain skull locations which were placed outside of normal gameplay. And let’s not forget about the IWHBYD skull challenge.

> Master Chief crash lands on what appears to be an ancient Forerunner planet. He looks around, and realizes he is totally alone. He reaches into his pocket, pulling out the dog tags of his friend Sargent A. J. Johnson. A single tear slides down his face…

It would be difficult to see that through his visor! Raises an interesting question though… How does a suit filter out the blood, sweat and tears of spartans?

They could just put in a character just like him.

No love for Stacker. :frowning:

> Sgt. Major Johnson. That dude knew what covenant scum liked.

A belly full of lead and a pool of their own blood to drown in? I don’t know anyone who would like that.

> They could just put in a character just like him.

there is no replacement for johnson hes to damn awesome

I hope 343 comes up with a character just as awesome as he was, but then again no one could replace Johnson.

I hope Buck returns as a Spartan IV

> I hope Buck returns as a Spartan IV

i’d prefer the recruit or romeo, but if they even try to bring that snotty nosed team killing jun back then i give up on halo

> There are plenty of ways for Johnson to return (not necessarily as an AI):
>
> -cutscene easter egg. Move the left stick at the right time to see Johnson
> -poster with Johnson on it
> -quote references
> -something to do with Johnson’s laser
> -something to do with Johnson’s hog
> -something to do with Johnson’s cigarettes
> -<mark>Johnson moments! jk</mark>
> -an invincible enemy Johnson that is placed at a really high point guarding something Scarab gun esque
> -teleporting to a tribute room esque location that has a Johnson AI (he gives you a salute like he did in H2 and can be killed and gets back up like in H3) that you can bring with you to the end of the mission
>
>
>
> > Easter eggs should never affect the story.
>
> While that is true, remember that H2 had special AI placed at certain skull locations which were placed outside of normal gameplay. And let’s not forget about the IWHBYD skull challenge.

No… no… the horror…!!!