It's funny

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts and do not post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator…

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Blatantly lie to 343i and tell them they did a good job on Halo 4, and you get community member of the week!

Tell the truth, that Halo 4 was a disaster and the community deserves an open Beta so we can decide if Halo 5 will be worthwhile, or a huge waste of time and money, and your thread gets locked.

I’m giving HELPFUL ADVICE. If you want to attract the attention of the hundreds of thousands of former Halo fans that AREN’T playing your terrible game, let them try the next one out for free. Mind you it will only work if you actually make a good game, but it’s still an important point.

I know several people who are so sick of getting disappointed over, and over, and over by this franchise, that they are simply done. Back in the day I had upwards of 20 friends online on Halo 3 at any given time. Now? The 2 or 3 I find on a Halo game, aren’t even on Halo 4, they are on Reach. And I know most of us have noticed this exact difference.

They gave 343i ONE CHANCE hoping a new developer could give us the game we want, and Halo 4 dropped the ball, they aren’t going to give you the courtesy of another 60$ purchase. That was your ONLY costly chance, the only way several of us will turn our heads again is via Beta.

This is not a non-constructive post. If you think it is you’re missing the point.

If my posts sound passive aggressive, it’s because I, like many others, are tired and out of patience. We have to wait YEARS between these games, and for some of us the Halo Franchise has been a huge disappointment for several iterations, some say since Halo 3, some say since ODST, some say since Reach (which I believe is where most agree on). Which means some of us have wished for the pure, original Halo experience to come back for as long as 7 years. That’s half or more of the lifespan of some of your customers!

We’re talking people who used to OBSESS over this franchise, who decorated their rooms with Halo action figures and posters, and logged hours of gameplay EVERY SINGLE DAY only stopping to play another game once in a while for kicks when they felt like something casual. People who skipped school and stayed up 4 days straight when Halo 2 came out. People who wanted to go pro, and tried to get a team together and might not have ever made an event but still dreamed. These people were wonderful, they loved Halo, and they just want the game they love back again.

Halo sold whole consoles once upon a time, but I’ll tell you right now, if Halo could still sell consoles, the Xbox One wouldn’t be struggling to keep up with the Wii U, people would be all like “Halo 5 is coming out this year! I need a One!”, and I just haven’t seen ANY of that.

So yes, your best bet is an open, free to play Beta of a version of the game tailored to run on 360 (just dumb down the graphics or something, we all know that’s the only significant difference between new generations of consoles anymore). That way the fans who’ve lost hope can actually be bothered to try your game out, and who knows if you do a good job they just might actually buy it, if not I foresee a very bad year for Halo sales.

What need is there for a beta? If you’re not sure if you’ll like a game, don’t buy it. Rent it first. Betas are for bug-fixing, not try-before-you-buy.

If you’re concerned about pre-order bonuses, then buy it, but don’t open it, and rent it. If you don’t like it, return the purchased copy to your retailer within the retailer’s return period unopened and you’ll get a full refund. Almost all retailers allow returns of games if the seal isn’t broken.

I’m frustrated and upset with the fiasco that was Halo 4 multiplayer just as much as anyone, but dude, don’t you think you’re being a little dramatic?

> What need is there for a beta? If you’re not sure if you’ll like a game, don’t buy it. Rent it first. Betas are for bug-fixing, <mark>not try-before-you-buy.</mark>
>
> If you’re concerned about pre-order bonuses, then buy it, but don’t open it, and rent it. If you don’t like it, return the purchased copy to your retailer within the retailer’s return period unopened and you’ll get a full refund. Almost all retailers allow returns of games if the seal isn’t broken.
>
> I’m frustrated and upset with the fiasco that was Halo 4 just as much as anyone, but dude, don’t you think you’re being a little dramatic?

I honestly think this is one of the reasons they are not having a beta. They are simply not confident enough in their product. If I were able to play Halo 4 in a beta I would never have bought it.

Looks like the Xbox One is doing just fine, if you ask me.

I don’t know where your getting your information from, son, but it seems to me that this thread is just another mindless rant. I believe 343i have hired enough pros to make a positive influence on the competitive scene for Halo 5. I don’t think a beta is going to change anything, much like what it did for Reach.