It's Christmas Time at 343i

Hi folks at 343i,

After I got home yesterday, I logged onto Halo 4, and noticed that there was some new DLC. W00t, it was the Crimson Map Pack, so naturally, I go ahead and set up my download. It was with great pleasure that I noticed you guys were in the Christmas spirit, and were giving it to your dedicated fan base, free of charge.

Never did I consider that this might be an oversight, but it turns out, the folks who had previously purchased access to these maps were up in arms, and some of them, (all maybe? don’t know for sure) were not able to DL the MP at all. Then come to find out, the free MP that I got was not intended, but a colossal oversight.

So, 343i, who did you have to fire this close to the holidays? If it was on Msoft, and not you, what type of litigation will we be hearing about in the coming days?

Happy Holidays people,

PhillyTC

> Hi folks at 343i,
>
> After I got home yesterday, I logged onto Halo 4, and noticed that there was some new DLC. W00t, it was the Crimson Map Pack, so naturally, I go ahead and set up my download. It was with great pleasure that I noticed you guys were in the Christmas spirit, and were giving it to your dedicated fan base, free of charge.
>
> Never did I consider that this might be an oversight, but it turns out, the folks who had previously purchased access to these maps were up in arms, and some of them, (all maybe? don’t know for sure) were not able to DL the MP at all. Then come to find out, the free MP that I got was not intended, but a colossal oversight.
>
> So, 343i, who did you have to fire this close to the holidays? If it was on Msoft, and not you, what type of litigation will we be hearing about in the coming days?
>
> Happy Holidays people,
>
> PhillyTC

Not all LE holders are mad :slight_smile:

i don’t like the gimmick of “buy the map pass and you get DLC’s for a discount.” the first DLC was free so how did me buying the pass help me???

I am a bit annoyed that it is free, I know it isn’t 343 faults but more or less microsoft for handling and uploading the DLC they need to make sure this doesn’t happen in future, the map pass now is useless since you are technically paying 1000 points for the last two map packs

LE was a tremendous waste and nothing we got was “limited” or even special.

We were told we would get all 8 specializations instead of having to use only 2 off the bat. Turns out EVERYONE can use all 8 after a certain date. Well that was good for… nothing.

Then we were told we get HD copy of FuD! I was actually excited for this… until I learned that it was only view able after download on the site when I expected a HD disc of sorts… I know that was me assuming, but if I wanted to watch it on the internet, I could have gone to Youtube.

And now for the Map pass… “You get the next 3 maps free” they said. The Limited Edition was worth it alone just for that. 9 new maps for free? Gimme please. “OH WAIT” Microsoft says. “EVERYONE GETS IT FOR FREE LAAWL”. Thats nifty and all, but, didn’t I PAY YOU MONEY to get that for free?

Everything about the Limited edition was a huge rip off and nothing was limited or special. Maybe the armor, but that was Best Buy, not the Limited Edition.

If I could go back in time and tell my past self to not buy it, I would in a heart beat.

Instead of a “Christmas Gift”, I feel like I got a slap in a face.

It will be the last DLC I ever buy from 343, I dont care if it was a mistake, if they gave it away to thousands of people for free they should refund the people who bought the season pass early, its that simple, why pay for something they are giving away for free at the same time, I WILL NEVER BUY DLC FROM 343 AGAIN! I will still play Halo though.

The only thing I can argue against is they did say ‘early’ access to specialisations, not exclusive. Otherwise though, you’re right, and I feel for ya.

But don’t boycott the dlc. Pricing and such is microsoft’s game, and someone messed up close t ochristmas. If anything, 343 should make it up to you guys in the next map pack.

I promise to be a good boy in the Halo 4 forums on christmas.

And people were like ermagherd, mambaa canceled his LE preorder. You damn right; I was correct to do so.

In your face, person who said I was missing out and that it was a shame that I was getting Standard. Eat one!

> LE was a tremendous waste and nothing we got was “limited” or even special.
>
> We were told we would get all 8 specializations instead of having to use only 2 off the bat. Turns out EVERYONE can use all 8 after a certain date. Well that was good for… nothing.
>
> Then we were told we get HD copy of FuD! I was actually excited for this… until I learned that it was only view able after download on the site when I expected a HD disc of sorts… I know that was me assuming, but if I wanted to watch it on the internet, I could have gone to Youtube.
>
> And now for the Map pass… “You get the next 3 maps free” they said. The Limited Edition was worth it alone just for that. 9 new maps for free? Gimme please. “OH WAIT” Microsoft says. “EVERYONE GETS IT FOR FREE LAAWL”. Thats nifty and all, but, didn’t I PAY YOU MONEY to get that for free?
>
> Everything about the Limited edition was a huge rip off and nothing was limited or special. Maybe the armor, but that was Best Buy, not the Limited Edition.
>
> If I could go back in time and tell my past self to not buy it, I would in a heart beat.
>
> Instead of a “Christmas Gift”, I feel like I got a slap in a face.

Ummm dude specializations should have been unlocked to everyone when the game came out. You cant make ingame content only available to LE buyers lol. You guys had like 3 weeks with extra specializations so if you played it was worth the money

Lol, luckily I didn’t buy LE wouldn’t want to be even more disappointed than I am now.

That’s what I wanna know, where’s a friggin lawyer when you need one? I got ripped !!! It’s Blockbuster gift cards all over again.

Bunch of kids on the naughty list n here I see.

> i don’t like the gimmick of “buy the map pass and you get DLC’s for a discount.” the first DLC was free so how did me buying the pass help me???

It’s not free at all, it was free for about half hour because of a Microsoft error.
It was fastly fixed and is still 800 MSP

> > LE was a tremendous waste and nothing we got was “limited” or even special.
> >
> > We were told we would get all 8 specializations instead of having to use only 2 off the bat. Turns out EVERYONE can use all 8 after a certain date. Well that was good for… nothing.
> >
> > Then we were told we get HD copy of FuD! I was actually excited for this… until I learned that it was only view able after download on the site when I expected a HD disc of sorts… I know that was me assuming, but if I wanted to watch it on the internet, I could have gone to Youtube.
> >
> > And now for the Map pass… “You get the next 3 maps free” they said. The Limited Edition was worth it alone just for that. 9 new maps for free? Gimme please. “OH WAIT” Microsoft says. “EVERYONE GETS IT FOR FREE LAAWL”. Thats nifty and all, but, didn’t I PAY YOU MONEY to get that for free?
> >
> > Everything about the Limited edition was a huge rip off and nothing was limited or special. Maybe the armor, but that was Best Buy, not the Limited Edition.
> >
> > If I could go back in time and tell my past self to not buy it, I would in a heart beat.
> >
> > Instead of a “Christmas Gift”, I feel like I got a slap in a face.
>
> Ummm dude specializations should have been unlocked to everyone when the game came out. You cant make ingame content only available to LE buyers lol. You guys had like 3 weeks with extra specializations so if you played it was worth the money

Also, “everyone” doesn’t get the specs.
Us in Europe (From the UK myself) get nothing and have to wait even longer until they unlock them for everyone else.