Its called Halo Combat Evolved for a reason

Let halo 4 Evolve… stop pushing it back into a halo 3.5 as much as we all would love it I think it would not last because we are needing that fresh but yet familiar experience.

What do yall think have immediate fun and would rather play a halo 3.5(2.5,1.5) OR…

Would you rather evolve and have fun that will actually last.

Just my opinion sorry if yall hate me :frowning:

all i can say is this game is going to be amazing. im almost certain that once these doubters actually play the game theyre going to forget about everything theyve been complaining about and enjoy the best halo to date

> im almost certain that once these doubters actually play the game theyre going to forget about everything theyve been complaining about and enjoy the best halo to date

haha right!

Finally someone else has the same mindset as me.

I’ve said this in topics a few times.

From what I remember it was supposed to be called Halo. Combat Evolved was something MS wanted them to put on there

Yay, let’s rile up the Halo 3 guys …again.

Not like they need a reason to be livid anyways.

Yeah i mean each halo evolves

Halo 1
Was an actual evolution in itself due to it being on a console and not have dumb controls like golden eye.

Halo 2
Jacking vehicals!! Brutes! Amazzzingg

Halo 3
Equipment!! bubble shield , and dual weilding!! (my favorite halo hands down)

Halo ODST
Bringing back health and nightvision but they said from the get go its not like the others

Halo Reach
Armor Abilities it was just too much at once it didnt evolve it jumped wayy ahead and that’s why some people love it and some dont love it (myself included)

Halo 4
Master Chief’s back and there is spartan 4’s new class of weapons skills and armor abilities and the best part everyone can sprint, the main problem with reach was everyone wants to sprint so when one person uses something else its all outa wack cause hes so surprisingly different

So people stop holding the game back and making the developers feel discouraged for doing something right!!

well 343 you have my support!

Why do people just want a re-skinned halo2/3 and repackage it as halo 4 is beyond me.

Here OP, have some punctuations:
, . , . , . , . , . , .
There you go.

While I agree with the point you’re trying to make, these threads don’t usually get anywhere besides ending up in massive flame wars. Calling people out is not the way to solve things.

The combat isn’t really evolving if the skill gap is getting smaller with each release…

I honestly don’t care, I’m just glad the BR is back. ^.^

> The combat isn’t really evolving if the skill gap is getting smaller with each release…

Bro, you’re saying that after Reach.

I really don’t care either way.

More Halo = good

> Bro, you’re saying that after Reach.

Reach had a skill gap?

> The combat isn’t really evolving if the skill gap is getting smaller with each release…
>
> I honestly don’t care, I’m just glad the BR is back. ^.^

Seems like it’s the Halo 2 BR to me, which is why I love it so much.

Biased poll, OP.

I want the next logical step in a Halo game, not just every gimmick under the sun.

I say Halo should evolve. But, not in the way you say. Right now Halo is evolving, but into what? It’s evolving into an industry that is currently in love with what another game(COD) has set for the standards. 11 years ago Halo re-invented the standards, so when Halo evolves it should re-invent the standards again, not conform to another games standards.

I know, many people will say that Halo 4 is nothing like COD, but that doesn’t take away the fact that a lot of the new concepts being introduced are definitely, without a doubt, inspired almost, if not directly by COD.

Every Halo game was making its own stuff until Halo Reach ended the franchises originality spree. HaloCE, introduced the revolutionary FPS style, Halo 2 expanded, Halo 3 brought in even more, then Halo 3 ODST gave us the same style but in a slightly different feel, every new game was adding to Halo’s own and original feel. It could have gone on if not for Halo Reach’s drastic change in over all gameplay style to conform to the rest of this COD contaminated industry.

Halo 4 looks pretty damn good, but I still think it could have been even better if it brought in new stuff following the same Halo-like style of the first trilogy. It could have brought in most of the same concepts that we have right now, they simply would have been different in such a way that it would hardly seem like a rip off of the currently over-killed trend this industry is continuously following.

> > Bro, you’re saying that after Reach.
>
> Reach had a skill gap?

Lol, exactly what I was getting at.

> I say Halo should evolve. But, not in the way you say. Right now Halo is evolving, but into what? It’s evolving into an industry that is currently in love with what another game(COD) has set for the standards. 11 years ago Halo re-invented the standards, so when Halo evolves it should re-invent the standards again, not conform to another games standards.
>
> I know, many people will say that Halo 4 is nothing like COD, but that doesn’t take away the fact that a lot of the new concepts being introduced are definitely, without a doubt, inspired almost, if not directly by COD.
>
> Every Halo game was making its own stuff until Halo Reach ended the franchises originality spree. HaloCE, introduced the revolutionary FPS style, Halo 2 expanded, Halo 3 brought in even more, then Halo 3 ODST gave us the same style but in a slightly different feel, every new game was adding to Halo’s own and original feel. It could have gone on if not for Halo Reach’s drastic change in over all gameplay style to conform to the rest of this COD contaminated industry.
>
> Halo 4 looks pretty damn good, but I still think it could have been even better if it brought in new stuff following the same Halo-like style of the first trilogy. It could have brought in most of the same concepts that we have right now, they simply would have been different in such a way that it would hardly seem like a rip off of the currently over-killed trend this industry is continuously following.

Ya I still can’t comprehend the people that say they’re not copying CoD.
Hit markers, grenade indicators, no picking up grenades from corpses, kill cams and perks. Ya CoD might not have been the first to have these but they made them popular. And you don’t copy the people who made it you copy the people who popularized it. They made it mainstream and 343 seems more than happy to follow suit.

> Yeah i mean each halo evolves
>
> Halo 1
> Was an actual evolution in itself due to it being on a console and not have dumb controls like golden eye.
>
> Halo 2
> Jacking vehicals!! Brutes! Amazzzingg
>
> Halo 3
> Equipment!! bubble shield , and dual weilding!! (my favorite halo hands down)
>
> Halo ODST
> Bringing back health and nightvision but they said from the get go its not like the others
>
> Halo Reach
> Armor Abilities it was just too much at once it didnt evolve it jumped wayy ahead and that’s why some people love it and some dont love it (myself included)
>
> Halo 4
> Master Chief’s back and there is spartan 4’s new class of weapons skills and armor abilities and the best part everyone can sprint, the main problem with reach was everyone wants to sprint so when one person uses something else its all outa wack cause hes so surprisingly different
>
> So people stop holding the game back and making the developers feel discouraged for doing something right!!
>
> well 343 you have my support!

You forgot the most important thing, in Halo 2 the BR was introduced.

Except this is Halo 4, not Halo: Combat Evolved… and the real reason that the “Combat Evolved” was added onto the first game’s title is because the marketers at Microsoft thought that “Halo” was not a descriptive enough title to compete with other military-themed video games.