Its been said before

And I will say it again
Join in progress is horrible.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Multiplayer games die within months without a local only search filter.

True, the function needs tweaking, but you’re just going into stats now. Wins and losses are bragging rights, but to a small extent. You should focus on “Crap Join-In-Progress strikes again. I should still try to win!”

I’ve said this before too but I will say it again.

I don’t mind JiP as much as I can’t stand it when players see we are losing so they quit, causing uneven teams making it even harder to win or even score another point.

I would rather see something done about quitters more than JiP. I remember games of 1-flag in Halo 3 where one side was completely out manned, then we would switch sides and half to wait the whole 3 minutes because there was no way that team was going to be able to cap a flag. Then switch sides again and repeat the long dragged out boring game.

I realize sometimes you have no choice but to quit due to loss of internet, or some outside reason (like the kitchen is on fire) but for the most part it is because of one of these reasons:

I don’t like the map

I don’t like the game type

I am losing

i dont think JIP should be in this game, instead people who quit should be punished, and the more u quit, the more severely your punished

I actually don’t mind JIP, and its especially fun when you manage to turn the enemy team around.

I’ve joined a few where my team was down, we managed to turn it around and the other team started to quit.

I’d prefer to see it as maybe a setting, where you could choose if you wanted to JIP or not in your matchmaking profile. If you decided to activate it, you’d get certain perks, either more xp, or after so many matches special equipment or emblems.

Hurting the quitters does stop some of the quitting in the first place, but with no JIP the people left behind might as well just write-off their match. With someone else coming-in, sometimes there’s a chance, and even if its still a loss, it can be a lot funner with even teams.

I honestly don’t see the big deal. So you get thrown into a losing game sometimes, big deal. Is your Win/Loss or K/D ratio really THAT important to you? Does it make you popular? Does it get you the chicks (or dudes)? No, its a pointless stat at the end of the day and if you let it ruin your enjoyment of a game then you should rethink your priorities.

Honestly, my k/d w/l is terrible. I’m not a stellar player. I’m not a pro. I’m probably even below average, but you have to draw a line at some point.

Idk, maybe I just come from a different time when online gaming was more about the interaction with the people around you than your w/l ratio.

> I honestly don’t see the big deal. So you get thrown into a losing game sometimes, big deal. Is your Win/Loss or K/D ratio really THAT important to you? Does it make you popular? Does it get you the chicks (or dudes)? No, its a pointless stat at the end of the day and if you let it ruin your enjoyment of a game then you should rethink your priorities.
>
> Honestly, my k/d w/l is terrible. I’m not a stellar player. I’m not a pro. I’m probably even below average, but you have to draw a line at some point.
>
> Idk, maybe I just come from a different time when online gaming was more about the interaction with the people around you than your w/l ratio.

Your last paragraph says it all and is the most important reason there needs to be two separate ranked and social playlists…that’s what made Halo 3 the best all around halo in my opinion.

If u wanted what u want to just simply have fun and enjoy the time spent playing and meeting new people then the Social playlists were perfect.

If u wanted to put ur game face on and battle it out to ur full potential and achieve high ranks for personal enjoyment or bragging rights them the Ranked playlist was right there waiting for you.

I’ve had some great join in progress games theres a real sweet oddball one on my fileshare on complex. I don’t mind going into games down players cause it seems like better players join in. If i’m on the smaller i’ll just hold back. and if i’m forced to join a game I need to head in strong so my team knows they got back up and the other teams off guard.

> I’ve said this before too but I will say it again.
>
> I don’t mind JiP as much as I can’t stand it when players see we are losing so they quit, causing uneven teams making it even harder to win or even score another point.
>
> I would rather see something done about quitters more than JiP. I remember games of 1-flag in Halo 3 where one side was completely out manned, then we would switch sides and half to wait the whole 3 minutes because there was no way that team was going to be able to cap a flag. Then switch sides again and repeat the long dragged out boring game.
>
> I realize sometimes you have no choice but to quit due to loss of internet, or some outside reason (like the kitchen is on fire) but for the most part it is because of one of these reasons:
>
> I don’t like the map
>
> I don’t like the game type
>
> I am losing

Yeah, it’s been 3 big team games that me and ONE other teammate are playing against 8. I liked Halo 3’s system better, when you quit, they fined you an Xp point.