It's Becoming Very Hard For Me To Enjoy Halo 5

Halo 5 has been out for nearly ten months now and we’ve gone through eight content updates that brought both new and old weapons, vehicles, gamemodes, and more into the game. BTB, Forge, Assault & Grifball, Infection, and Firefight have all returned to the game. The Arena Playlists have gone through plenty of changes; social playlists, rotating weekly playlists, map and gamemode improvements, and more. However, I’m finding it increasingly hard to enjoy all of this stuff with all the -Yoink!- farmers, smurfs, and tryhards and other issues plaguing the game.

I’ve all but given up on Warzone and Warzone Assault. Nearly every game turns into a triple cap in five minutes followed by twenty minutes of jerks sitting outside the home base with no signs of a core destruction to end it in sight. My REQ collection is not only complete now, but collecting dust because I can’t use anything.

I can’t enjoy any ranked playlist save for maybe four matches of Slayer before getting pissed off or bored because the other team is a bunch of smurfs or in a party while my team is off doing whatever, not playing the objective, or listening to me or someone else try to lead them. Until we get the ability to be matched with other people playing solo, I can only see myself playing ranked for the season emblem.

And then there’s social and BTB, it seems like every other match of a social playlist that isn’t Grifball or Infection has tryhards who want nothing more than to ruin other people’s fun. Social is meant to be casual fun, not a place for you to get all sweaty, go to ranked for that.

BTB is probably the worst. I’ve been a huge fan of BTB since Halo 3 but Halo 5’s is just terrible. The lack of asymmetrical gametypes, the presence of the -Yoink!- BR as a loadout weapon instead of the magnum, and the crappy maps (which I should add are not because they are forged, that I can care less about), and more make BTB nearly impossible to enjoy. If we can get rid of the BR as a loadout then we’ll have a good playlist. Almost all the maps currently in BTB were tested/designed around using the magnum, not the BR.

And then there’s Grifball, while not the biggest fan of the game it’s still a good time. You know? When you’re not being kicked for playing the -Yoink!- game…

The only two playlists I can enjoy for more than ten minutes before giving up and playing Rainbow Six or Fallout are Infection and Firefight and even then there’s plenty of issues with those two such as the sword’s piss poor excuse for a lunge and the shotgun’s insane range in Infection while Firefight is full of BS rounds and spawning issues and relies on teamwork and communication which no one ever does.

Playing with friends may fix half of these issues, but while I love playing with friends, I shouldn’t have to play with them every second I play Halo 5 to enjoy it.

I love this game, I love the gameplay, it’s fun and addicting but it’s impossible for me to enjoy that gameplay with the current state of it’s playerbase and playlist setup.

> 2533274883849234;1:
> My REQ collection is not only complete now, but collecting dust because I can’t use anything.

I just want to say this makes me sad, because I play a lot of WZFF and burn through reqs. If only there was some way for you to give or trade me your req cards, I think everyone would be happy.

They focused too much on competitive gameplay in halo 5,if only they could have done justice to ranked and social like Halo 3 did

> 2533274883849234;1:
> I’ve all but given up on Warzone and Warzone Assault. Nearly every game turns into a triple cap in five minutes followed by twenty minutes of jerks sitting outside the home base with no signs of a core destruction to end it in sight. My REQ collection is not only complete now, but collecting dust because I can’t use anything.

I understand what Warzone is like to you, as farmers ruined Warzone and Warzone Assualt for me. I pretty much abandoned the playlist, expect for Firefight. But even then Firefight can be a little rage-inducing.

> 2533274883849234;1:
> Halo 5 has been out for nearly ten months now and we’ve gone through eight content updates that brought both new and old weapons, vehicles, gamemodes, and more into the game. BTB, Forge, Assault & Grifball, Infection, and Firefight have all returned to the game. The Arena Playlists have gone through plenty of changes; social playlists, rotating weekly playlists, map and gamemode improvements, and more. However, I’m finding it increasingly hard to enjoy all of this stuff with all the -Yoink!- farmers, smurfs, and tryhards and other issues plaguing the game.
>
> I’ve all but given up on Warzone and Warzone Assault. Nearly every game turns into a triple cap in five minutes followed by twenty minutes of jerks sitting outside the home base with no signs of a core destruction to end it in sight. My REQ collection is not only complete now, but collecting dust because I can’t use anything.
>
> I can’t enjoy any ranked playlist save for maybe four matches of Slayer before getting pissed off or bored because the other team is a bunch of smurfs or in a party while my team is off doing whatever, not playing the objective, or listening to me or someone else try to lead them. Until we get the ability to be matched with other people playing solo, I can only see myself playing ranked for the season emblem.
>
> And then there’s social and BTB, it seems like every other match of a social playlist that isn’t Grifball or Infection has tryhards who want nothing more than to ruin other people’s fun. Social is meant to be casual fun, not a place for you to get all sweaty, go to ranked for that.
>
> BTB is probably the worst. I’ve been a huge fan of BTB since Halo 3 but Halo 5’s is just terrible. The lack of asymmetrical gametypes, the presence of the -Yoink!- BR as a loadout weapon instead of the magnum, and the crappy maps (which I should add are not because they are forged, that I can care less about), and more make BTB nearly impossible to enjoy. If we can get rid of the BR as a loadout then we’ll have a good playlist. Almost all the maps currently in BTB were tested/designed around using the magnum, not the BR.
>
> And then there’s Grifball, while not the biggest fan of the game it’s still a good time. You know? When you’re not being kicked for playing the -Yoink!- game…
>
> The only two playlists I can enjoy for more than ten minutes before giving up and playing Rainbow Six or Fallout are Infection and Firefight and even then there’s plenty of issues with those two such as the sword’s piss poor excuse for a lunge and the shotgun’s insane range in Infection while Firefight is full of BS rounds and spawning issues and relies on teamwork and communication which no one ever does.
>
> Playing with friends may fix half of these issues, but while I love playing with friends, I shouldn’t have to play with them every second I play Halo 5 to enjoy it.
>
> I love this game, I love the gameplay, it’s fun and addicting but it’s impossible for me to enjoy that gameplay with the current state of it’s playerbase and playlist setup.

I think the major problem is the stat tracking of players’ K/D and W/L ratio in social playlist. I’ve played BTB and everyone I played at least have 2-6 players going full on tryhard mode.

Halo 5 completely ruined BTB. This was always my favorite game type, but now I dont even play it. All the maps are close-quarters clusterlucks, there is no room for scorpions or wraiths. 343 is obviously catering to the wrong crowd.

> 2533274883849234;1:
> Halo 5 has been out for nearly ten months now and we’ve gone through eight content updates that brought both new and old weapons, vehicles, gamemodes, and more into the game. BTB, Forge, Assault & Grifball, Infection, and Firefight have all returned to the game. The Arena Playlists have gone through plenty of changes; social playlists, rotating weekly playlists, map and gamemode improvements, and more. However, I’m finding it increasingly hard to enjoy all of this stuff with all the -Yoink!- farmers, smurfs, and tryhards and other issues plaguing the game.
>
>
> I can’t enjoy any ranked playlist save for maybe four matches of Slayer before getting pissed off or bored because the other team is a bunch of smurfs or in a party while my team is off doing whatever, not playing the objective, or listening to me or someone else try to lead them. Until we get the ability to be matched with other people playing solo, I can only see myself playing ranked for the season emblem.
>
> And then there’s social and BTB, it seems like every other match of a social playlist that isn’t Grifball or Infection has tryhards who want nothing more than to ruin other people’s fun. Social is meant to be casual fun, not a place for you to get all sweaty, go to ranked for that.
>
> BTB is probably the worst. I’ve been a huge fan of BTB since Halo 3 but Halo 5’s is just terrible. The lack of asymmetrical gametypes, the presence of the -Yoink!- BR as a loadout weapon instead of the magnum, and the crappy maps (which I should add are not because they are forged, that I can care less about), and more make BTB nearly impossible to enjoy. If we can get rid of the BR as a loadout then we’ll have a good playlist. Almost all the maps currently in BTB were tested/designed around using the magnum, not the BR.
>
> And then there’s Grifball, while not the biggest fan of the game it’s still a good time. You know? When you’re not being kicked for playing the -Yoink!- game…
>
> The only two playlists I can enjoy for more than ten minutes before giving up and playing Rainbow Six or Fallout are Infection and Firefight and even then there’s plenty of issues with those two such as the sword’s piss poor excuse for a lunge and the shotgun’s insane range in Infection while Firefight is full of BS rounds and spawning issues and relies on teamwork and communication which no one ever does.
>
> Playing with friends may fix half of these issues, but while I love playing with friends, I shouldn’t have to play with them every second I play Halo 5 to enjoy it.
>
> I love this game, I love the gameplay, it’s fun and addicting but it’s impossible for me to enjoy that gameplay with the current state of it’s playerbase and playlist setup.

Absolutely agreed to you. You just listed every complain I have with this games.
Specifically the one about matching randoms with randoms…

But seriously i dont think it will help as this games was designed to play competitively…

> 2533274830166194;3:
> They focused too much on competitive gameplay in halo 5,if only they could have done justice to ranked and social like Halo 3 did

If they do just that… for me it would be like Christmas come early…

> 2535452212824906;4:
> > 2533274883849234;1:
> > I’ve all but given up on Warzone and Warzone Assault. Nearly every game turns into a triple cap in five minutes followed by twenty minutes of jerks sitting outside the home base with no signs of a core destruction to end it in sight. My REQ collection is not only complete now, but collecting dust because I can’t use anything.
>
>
> I understand what Warzone is like to you, as farmers ruined Warzone and Warzone Assualt for me. I pretty much abandoned the playlist, expect for Firefight. But even then Firefight can be a little rage-inducing.

Yeah, but I hope you realize that randoms farm too, and more than teams do. Actually, there are not as many teams playing warzone as their used to be, and not all of them farm, so more than likely you are coming across randoms who don’t want to or have the capability to core.

> 2533274830166194;3:
> They focused too much on competitive gameplay in halo 5,if only they could have done justice to ranked and social like Halo 3 did

And they don’t even execute it that well in terms of giving us a skillful shooter (because the title “competitive shooter” means nothing, look at CoD).

Halo 5 hurts the casual player more than any other installment, but honestly, how much of this is the influence of E-Sports and the lagging sales of overall Xbox behind Sony? More promotional events to showcase the X1, provides more ability to MS to profit, so I can see them turning to more mainstream avenues in the future if it benefits them in the console war.

I find it very hard to enjoy Halo 5 when I keep being thrown into Urban for everything Warzone related.

A Snipefest for Noctus.

A farming campground for Assault.

-Yoink- Firefight working against you in Urban.

A lot of the problem would be solved if they did these 2 things.

• They need to swing the banhammer on the smurfs. Give them an IP ban that lasts for at least a month so they can’t go log another account. - They need to have a faster way for the Achilles commedations from winning Arena matches. The higher the rank of the people you beat, the more you get. Like winning a ranked match against 4 onyx players would give as much progress as 10 hours of farming Warzone with a full 12 man team.

> 2535464822274598;13:
> A lot of the problem would be solved if they did these 2 things.
>
> - They need to swing the banhammer on the smurfs. Give them an IP ban that lasts for at least a month so they can’t go log another account.
> - They need to have a faster way for the Achilles commedations from winning Arena matches. The higher the rank of the people you beat, the more you get. Like winning a ranked match against 4 onyx players would give as much progress as 10 hours of farming Warzone with a full 12 man team.

There’s actually a few good and legit reasons as to why people have smirk accounts.

1. Your MMR or whatever it’s called gets so high it can take forever to find a game when there’s very little people around that level. So why waiting 30 minutes to find one game?
  2. Unnecessary bans that happen due to 343s servers. You already hear about foreign players having issues and lately that’s picked up in the U.S. (Me included) where people got banned multiple times in the span of a few days.
  3. To play with other friends that simply can’t play at a high level. It works so long as the smurf doesn’t go all champion on the other guys.

> 2533274923562209;14:
> > 2535464822274598;13:
> > A lot of the problem would be solved if they did these 2 things.
> >
> > - They need to swing the banhammer on the smurfs. Give them an IP ban that lasts for at least a month so they can’t go log another account.
> > - They need to have a faster way for the Achilles commedations from winning Arena matches. The higher the rank of the people you beat, the more you get. Like winning a ranked match against 4 onyx players would give as much progress as 10 hours of farming Warzone with a full 12 man team.
>
>
> There’s actually a few good and legit reasons as to why people have smirk accounts.
>
> 1. Your MMR or whatever it’s called gets so high it can take forever to find a game when there’s very little people around that level. So why waiting 30 minutes to find one game?
> 2. Unnecessary bans that happen due to 343s servers. You already hear about foreign players having issues and lately that’s picked up in the U.S. (Me included) where people got banned multiple times in the span of a few days.
> 3. To play with other friends that simply can’t play at a high level. It works so long as the smurf doesn’t go all champion on the other guys.

The smurfs that actually play like their rank intentionally aren’t a problem. The ones that throw their placement matches and then proceed to decimate their opponents are the ones that need to be hit with the banhammer.

> 2535406272231884;9:
> > 2535452212824906;4:
> > > 2533274883849234;1:
> > > I’ve all but given up on Warzone and Warzone Assault. Nearly every game turns into a triple cap in five minutes followed by twenty minutes of jerks sitting outside the home base with no signs of a core destruction to end it in sight. My REQ collection is not only complete now, but collecting dust because I can’t use anything.
> >
> >
> > I understand what Warzone is like to you, as farmers ruined Warzone and Warzone Assualt for me. I pretty much abandoned the playlist, expect for Firefight. But even then Firefight can be a little rage-inducing.
>
>
> Yeah, but I hope you realize that randoms farm too, and more than teams do. Actually, there are not as many teams playing warzone as their used to be, and not all of them farm, so more than likely you are coming across randoms who don’t want to or have the capability to core.

Oh don’t get me started on randoms farming. At least those guys can be stopped with a well driven scout hog or banshee.

Literally everything that annoys me about H5 is here.

343 if you’re gonna do a game that emphasises on competitiveness…FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PUT PARTY RESTRICTIONS IN!!!
There is literally NO point in playing Arena solo, like none. At least in high elos like Onyx and Champion, the game can be easily decided by which team is full premade and which one is not. 10 months in and still no fix whatsoever, and you wonder why people are leaving. Smh

> 2533274883849234;16:
> > 2535406272231884;9:
> > > 2535452212824906;4:
> > > > 2533274883849234;1:
> > > > I’ve all but given up on Warzone and Warzone Assault. Nearly every game turns into a triple cap in five minutes followed by twenty minutes of jerks sitting outside the home base with no signs of a core destruction to end it in sight. My REQ collection is not only complete now, but collecting dust because I can’t use anything.
> > >
> > >
> > > I understand what Warzone is like to you, as farmers ruined Warzone and Warzone Assualt for me. I pretty much abandoned the playlist, expect for Firefight. But even then Firefight can be a little rage-inducing.
> >
> >
> > Yeah, but I hope you realize that randoms farm too, and more than teams do. Actually, there are not as many teams playing warzone as their used to be, and not all of them farm, so more than likely you are coming across randoms who don’t want to or have the capability to core.
>
>
> Oh don’t get me started on randoms farming. At least those guys can be stopped with a well driven scout hog or banshee.

Yeah but if your team is bad they normally are able to recap the base.

Sorry to hear you’re having a not-so-enjoyable time with Halo 5, OP. I share some of your frustrations, others not so much.

I, too, am a fan of BTB. I also happen to love the BR . And If anyone trys to separate me from my BR start, we’re going to have problems. As for the Forge maps, in my opinion, they’re far better than any map 343i has made in H5… well, except Coliseum. Not saying I’m disappointed with the lack of dev maps and asymmetrical gametypes, though. Just that I have bit of a more favorable opinion of the current maps.

Farmers. Tryhards. Smurfs. What disgusting people, am I right? But unfortunately, farmers are in almost every FPS. They were in Halo: Reach. They were also in Halo 4. They are in H5. And they will be, without a shadow of a doubt, be in H6. A tryhard - in reality - is nothing more than a high-skilled player just enjoying the game. Not sure what you want them to do. Stand there & miss shots so you can kill them? Well, I guess you can ask them nicely… . Perhaps in future Halo games they can tweak the ranking system to decentivize smurf accounts.

Players shouldn’t get banned in social playlist, especially Griffball. I don’t really care what they do: AFK(there’s join in progress), betray for power weapons, commit suicide 38 times or whatever else. It’s a social playlist for a reason.

No such thing as social in H5.