Its apparently the bestselling...

Exclusive of the xbox one and 4th bestselling game
This may or may not be reliable

And is that a problem? The game is fantastic.

That’s good. For some reason people were certain Halo 5 was a major flop. It’s no COD, but it still sells well. The only problem now is the long term population.

It just needs more gametypes. Other than that it needs a classic playlist to give all the “this game doesn’t feel like halo” complainers a playlist they can enjoy. I rank the game as my second favorite as far as multiplayer goes, behind Halo 2.

its sold well because of the name but majority of people quit and already sold it, population is as bad as h4’s was at this time.

Halo 5 was a cash grab for 343.

  • False advertising: Hyping up the game and presenting a story that we all wanted, but instead gave us a crappy different story instead. They wanted to sell the most copies possible even if it meant lying to their fans. - Req Packs/Micro Transactions: Who in the hell asked for this?? Apparently 343 has gotten greedy like the rest of todays game companies,

> 2535414041472966;6:
> Halo 5 was a cash grab for 343.
>
> - False advertising: Hyping up the game and presenting a story that we all wanted, but instead gave us a crappy different story instead. They wanted to sell the most copies possible even if it meant lying to their fans.
> - Req Packs/Micro Transactions: Who in the hell asked for this?? Apparently 343 has gotten greedy like the rest of todays game companies,

Did you complain about Bungie’s “believe” Halo 3s false advertising? It was a lot farther from the truth than anything 343 had for Halo 5. The community didn’t complain back then.
And yes micro transactions suck and shouldn’t be in any full retail game.

I have a feeling that if req packs weren’t the only way to get armor, no one would complain. But let’s be honest they don’t have to be purchased, and I’ll spend less money on this Halo compared to all the rest without having to purchase DLCs. Saving money is a big deal to many people, and there are a lot of people like me who won’t buy a req pack and don’t care how fast they unlock certain armors. I’ve received plenty of things in req packs by playing that I don’t have to worry about buying any for warzone.

Uhm vgchartz isnt in any kind of form legit…

The NPD and Worldwide numbers didnt lie. The game sold like -Yoink-. And its really not surprising. Its a bad game with lackluster content.

> 2533274794316327;7:
> > 2535414041472966;6:
> > Halo 5 was a cash grab for 343.
> >
> > - False advertising: Hyping up the game and presenting a story that we all wanted, but instead gave us a crappy different story instead. They wanted to sell the most copies possible even if it meant lying to their fans.
> > - Req Packs/Micro Transactions: Who in the hell asked for this?? Apparently 343 has gotten greedy like the rest of todays game companies,
>
>
> Did you complain about Bungie’s “believe” Halo 3s false advertising? It was a lot farther from the truth than anything 343 had for Halo 5. The community didn’t complain back then.
> And yes micro transactions suck and shouldn’t be in any full retail game.

You mean the advert in which a diorama of a fight happens before release and a documentary style vidoc came out after. What reason would anyone have to be annoyed. Apples and oranges. The Ads didn’t set the narrative just the setting.

I think it’s a solid game and a huge step in the right direction for 343. The only thing holding Halo from being as big as it used to is holding that launch population, which 343 needs to work on faster than they’re doing.

> 2533274816702503;11:
> I think it’s a solid game and a huge step in the right direction for 343. The only thing holding Halo from being as big as it used to is holding that launch population, which 343 needs to work on faster than they’re doing.

The story telling in the campaign is a massive step backwards. I will agree the game is fun in its mechanics and multiplayer are a step in the right direction, but the story is garbage (not as good as could have been) and ill quite happily challenge anyone that says otherwise.

If you think it the right direction. MS should disenfranchise the fan base further and cut story mode.

Sales and player retention are two very different things. Halo 5 sold well due to its blatantly false advertisement through the trailers and hunt the truth (every trailer ended with #hunthetruth, making us believe there would be a deep mystery, when really it was all revealed real early, and the reveal itself was weak in comparison to what could have happened going off the EU). Player retention however is very VERY poor. For very obvious reasons, one of which described above.

H5 gloryfiys the shipping of half baked games… it just felt unfinished. What’s more gut tickling is that a making of was made of the Locke vs chief trailer… The producer or director literally says we had little to go on.

When your advertisement teams story telling is far more entertaining and compelling then your actual product then there is a inherent problem.

It’s a bit out of date. Battle front has sold more then 3m globally.

> 2535405881901481;9:
> Uhm vgchartz isnt in any kind of form legit…
>
> The NPD and Worldwide numbers didnt lie. The game sold like -Yoink-. And its really not surprising. Its a bad game with lackluster content.

So why don’t you just go play Halo CE-3, the only Halo’s that actually sold decently.

> 2533274814771157;2:
> And is that a problem? The game is fantastic.

I like you :wink:

> 2535415012496023;14:
> H5 gloryfiys the shipping of half baked games… it just felt unfinished. What’s more gut tickling is that a making of was made of the Locke vs chief trailer… The producer or director literally says we had little to go on.
>
> When your advertisement teams story telling is far more entertaining and compelling then your actual product then there is a inherent problem.

100%agree with this mate. The trailers were far more interesting than the actual story, same with hunt the truth. All that speculation and hype…all for nothing.

Mirin that Japanese presence.

Best selling exclusive? Isn’t it either that or Forza? How many non collection/remakes does Xbone have? A lot of the anticipated exclusives are coming this year,so that should be interesting to see. Halo 5 was one of the first highly anticipated exclusives of this generation as a whole, so we’ll see how it holds up. Also, Halo 5’s sales look a little less impressive when you see that the amount it sold in the US in the first 2 and a half months is only 2/3rds of what Halo 3 sold in the US in its first 12 days.

> 2533274794316327;7:
> > 2535414041472966;6:
> > Halo 5 was a cash grab for 343.
> >
> >
> >
> > - False advertising: Hyping up the game and presenting a story that we all wanted, but instead gave us a crappy different story instead. They wanted to sell the most copies possible even if it meant lying to their fans.
> >
> >
> >
> > - Req Packs/Micro Transactions: Who in the hell asked for this?? Apparently 343 has gotten greedy like the rest of todays game companies,
>
>
> Did you complain about Bungie’s “believe” Halo 3s false advertising? It was a lot farther from the truth than anything 343 had for Halo 5. The community didn’t complain back then.
> And yes micro transactions suck and shouldn’t be in any full retail game.

What did their “believe” ads lie about? Just curious.