It's all in the hips(armor design discussion)

So apparently the as of halo 4 the “metal diaper” crotch plate has either been retconed or just made obsolete. I haven’t seen any threads concerning this, but would like to get a general feel of how the community feels about this.

also feel free discuss any other armer design changes you feel relevant.

This Thread may or may not belong under the Halo Xbox One forum, but I’m not entirely sure.

I’d say that the Armor returns to it’s more Human/Military look to it, the Armor in Halo 4 appears to resemble McDonald’s toys with their cheap plastic plating.

It confuses me as well…doesnt seem to strategically sound either considering the fact that the groin is one of the most vulnerable places in the body due to it housing one of the largest arteries.

It LOOKS alright to me, helps with the sleek design idea…but they could atleast throw some sort hip/ groin protection on there other than a thicker segment of the bodysuit.

I like the single cod plate look over the space diaper, but I do agree that the armor does look very plastic-y in Halo 4… And where are our black undersuits! This is terrible.

I think that the armor should be relatively sleek but not to the point where it seems that it looks like it is inhuman or un-functional such as in Halo 4, but I will say that master chief’s modified armor is good and a step in the right direction.

> So apparently the as of halo 4 the “metal diaper” crotch plate has either been retconed or just made obsolete. I haven’t seen any threads concerning this, but would like to get a general feel of how the community feels about this.
>
> also feel free discuss any other armer design changes you feel relevant.

Just made obsolete. The Mark V has the space diaper still and it’s running on the Gen 2 Platform.

> I like the single cod plate look over the space diaper, but I do agree that the armor does look very plastic-y in Halo 4… And where are our black undersuits! This is terrible.

This. I like the sleeker look but it just doesn’t look right. The plastic look and the colored undersuit is all sorts of wrong. Especially the undersuit.

> I think that the armor should be relatively sleek but not to the point where it seems that it looks like it is inhuman or un-functional

Stuff like Wetwork and Vanguard right? Ha ha. Some of it works, like Warrior, Recruit, Mark VI, etc but others just have you shaking your head and going WTF.

No… I’m fine without the space diaper. The undersuit should still be armour. It’s not like a spartan is unprotected. It’s less visible as well so good.

Anyways, I like vanguard… Not all of of has to do with visors to see through or not.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I’d hate to be wearing that Gen 2 armor and get hit in the crotch. Not to mention I wouldn’t have a clue where to put my ammo.

It was practical, it offered needed protection, it really needs to come back.

Anyone else find it odd that they bring back the butt armor, but they pretty much took away the crotch armor?

Wait they got rid of the Crotch Plate?

http://www.readyuplive.com/images/thread_images/Halo%204/Halo4screens/chief3large.png

I’d like to add the best joke I’ve heard regarding Chiefs lack of Crotch plate in the teaser was Cortana got bored and decided to have fun lol

Metal diapers haven’t been retconned. They’re just absent in the GEN2 armor.