It's a bit of a silly idea.

But I think there should be an endless game mode of slayer. No exp, no stats. Just fun, like the days of splitscreen. Have a small area with a couple of walls to prevent spawn killing, I think this is a cool way to use the new drop in, drop out system. (You can now join games that are already in session in progress.)

Tbh a playlist with like 16 players in an arena constantly killing sounds pretty cool.
Would be good for training your shots.
Killing floor perhaps.

I hope this post becomes popular and maybe 343i might consider it.

I personally don’t think it’s a good idea at all. It would be the ultimate way of boosting up to the max rank quickly.

> I personally don’t think it’s a good idea at all. It would be the ultimate way of boosting up to the max rank quickly.

Good point, maybe no exp just fun?

> > I personally don’t think it’s a good idea at all. It would be the ultimate way of boosting up to the max rank quickly.
>
> Good point, maybe no exp just fun?

Maybe like Action Sack? No EXP, just a load of fun? I think there should be a certain time and certain amount of lives depending on the game type. But if it’s anything like Slayer: then 50 kills as a team.

I’d say an endless free for all slayer, no EXP and doesn’t count towards stats, it would be like a training ground just to mess around and kill people endlessly and to test out new stuff, maybe just have a bunch of games on different maps running constantly.

Persistent game worlds have been done before, but for shooters, the only real example is PlanetSide, a MMOFPS.

A persistent world with only sixteen players max is pointless; Planetside (and PlanetSide 2) have thousands of players on maps about 100 times bigger than the average Halo map.

If you want a persistent game world, it has to be biiiggggg…

It sounds cool, but that would bore me to death like firefight did.

Soooo… Octagon?

This sounds great. Nothing annoys me more than having a really fun match but it ends after only 5-10 minutes. Maybe not endless, but maybe an hour or two, and if you play it all, you’ll obviously get huge credits, but if you cash out, you get what you’ve earned, just like you said. I can imagine objective gametypes would be a blast. Neutral bomb lasting that long with no score limit, it would would be insane wrestling it back and forth over the course of an hour.

> This sounds great. Nothing annoys me more than having a really fun match but it ends after only 5-10 minutes. Maybe not endless, but maybe an hour or two, and if you play it all, you’ll obviously get huge credits, but if you cash out, you get what you’ve earned, just like you said. I can imagine objective gametypes would be a blast. Neutral bomb lasting that long with no score limit, it would would be insane wrestling it back and forth over the course of an hour.

That’s a great idea, actually.

I actually…really don’t mind this idea.

It’d be a nice little playlist to play when waiting for friends to get on or get out of a game so you can play with them in another playlist.