it will be appropriate to show john's face when...

When his transformation is complete. When he has fully developed as a character and when we come to realize that seeing his face won’t ruin our expectations because John is his own character and a human being.

…or just milk his image for as long as they can out of fear of players losing interest in master chief lololololololol

#chiefpaysthebills

his journey will end and he is no longer the main protagonist. maybe then it will be fine

It’s going to happen, no doubt about that.

Honestly though I really hope he doesn’t die.

The whole hero dies after one last victory thing is overused by almost every media.

But then again so is the whole hero is never seen by anyone again but lives happily ever after thing.

They need to give him a good send off. Something unique and deserving.

I got the feeling that he’ll just die in a blaze of glory or something but I hope not.

Also I love how there are some people who whine about showing his face, if you know anything about halo you know what he looks like already.

Personally I think they are going to try and replace MC with Locke. Just a theory, and if that happens, then I think they might show his face. However, chances are his image is just too iconic and good for the brand that they will never show all of his face. We saw some of it in the legendary H4 ending.

I have no faith that 343i will create a character as awesome and as iconic as the Master Chief. And because of that, I don’t think they will ever show his face as long as he is alive. And I think he will be alive as long as Halo is alive.
Peace.

I want to end with him activating the halo rings as the rest of humanity hide within shield worlds and he takes his helmet off and puts it on the control panel. All we see is the back of his head and he takes a massive sigh of relief and looks up and the camera pans round and just as we are about to see his face he is destroyed.

They can reveal his face in a very powerful or emtional scene. 343 are great at writing their stories so i gave no doubt we will see our heroes face.

When it suits the story and his character.
Chief is his own character.

> 2533274907934539;8:
> > 2533274931637595;2:
> > his journey will end and he is no longer the main protagonist. maybe then it will be fine
>
>
> Uhh… that’s incorrect.
>
> He is still the main protagonist. His journey is still critical and central to Halo 5 and the current story.
>
> Locke is just another protagonist. Chief not being the only protagonist does not somehow mean he’s unimportant now,

oops, sorry, didn’t mean specifically in this game, but in later ones.

Personally I think it would ruin his iconic look, his helmet is his face. Showing an eye or something is fine, but please 343, keep it up to our imagination.

> 2533274898131165;10:
> Personally I think it would ruin his iconic look, his helmet is his face. Showing an eye or something is fine, but please 343, keep it up to our imagination.

It’s not because we want to see how he looks (I have formed a good picture of how he looks from descriptions in the books and comics), it’s because it’ll then mean Chief has reached a milestone in his personality development, that he’s not the same person he once; ready to cross that line dividing military and human life, to him.

“She told me that once… about being a machine”.

You will never see him. Master Chief is a figure and role model that you’re supposed to indict yourself and imagine and use your own opinions to who he is.

> 2533274916053879;4:
> Personally I think they are going to try and replace MC with Locke. Just a theory, and if that happens, then I think they might show his face. However, chances are his image is just too iconic and good for the brand that they will never show all of his face. We saw some of it in the legendary H4 ending.

Thankfully I’m pretty sure that won’t happen.

Will Locke get his own game sometime? For sure.

As will other characters.

Hence why 343 is slowly moving away from numbered games.

Why? Because it’s smart.

While MC is a great character, the halo universe is a big one. Full of untold stories and experience.

Imagine a game where you either play as an Elite…or brute. Too sides of the same coin, there is a great rivalry between the two races that would make for a great game.

Halo is more then just master chief.

All that being said I swear if the ruin the chief somehow I will turn into a 343 hater and never buy another halo game again.

The only think 343 has done story wise that I didn’t like was everything with Dr. Halsey, but while I didn’t like it it was interesting and can make for great future story wise.

> 2533274820541653;12:
> You will never see him. Master Chief is a figure and role model that you’re supposed to indict yourself and imagine and use your own opinions to who he is.

That’s false.

The Master Chief is John 117. Taken at 6 years from Eridanus II. He has brown hair, blue eyes, and freckles. We’ve seen his face as a kid. He isn’t the best Spartan, not the fastest, not the best sniper, not the best CQC combatant, not the best leader, not the highest rank.

You can’t put yourself into an established character. Chief has several books outlining his personality, physical traits, skills, motives, etc. Chief is his own character. Always has been.
Bungie just decided to ignore the books in game and neglected to characterize him in game, which stagnated him as a character.

The Rookie and Noble Six are characters that the player can “be”. Shells with little backstory and little characterization. That is not the Chief.

Considering they already showed his entire face in the Halo 4 ending, this ship has sailed…

> 2533274916053879;4:
> Personally I think they are going to try and replace MC with Locke. Just a theory, and if that happens, then I think they might show his face. However, chances are his image is just too iconic and good for the brand that they will never show all of his face. We saw some of it in the legendary H4 ending.

It’s been asked about before but they said that isn’t happening.

> 2533274935834633;15:
> Considering they already showed his entire face in the Halo 4 ending, this ship has sailed…

That’s over exaggerating.

> 2533274935834633;15:
> Considering they already showed his entire face in the Halo 4 ending, this ship has sailed…

They showed his eyes, not face.

When he is about to die and every one knows it, I’d like to see him pull off his helmet and either throw it on the ground like noble team did or place it on something, then run into battle leaving us wondering if he did survive, or not.

> 2533274820541653;12:
> You will never see him. Master Chief is a figure and role model that you’re supposed to indict yourself and imagine and use your own opinions to who he is.

I don’t think a sociopath raised to be a killer is a good role model.