It warms my heart to see so many posts about LANs

LAN parties are what made Halo great and it’s how the game is best played. I’ve been seeing so many posts lately about people hosting LAN parties, or attending LAN parties, or just asking for general advice about LAN parties. It’s fantastic. My friends get together about once a month or two for MCC parties, and it’s something I always look forward to.

Online play is great and all, and it’s fantastic that we can do online customs, but nothing beats getting everybody together under one roof and playing side by side with your teammates.

photo
another photo
photo from another LAN
one more

Definitely agreeing with this. I remember doing this with Halo CE and Halo 2 way back in the day. Those CRT tubes though back in the day lifting one of those was an accomplishment itself.

> 2710872097142413;2:
> Definitely agreeing with this. I remember doing this with Halo CE and Halo 2 way back in the day. Those CRT tubes though back in the day lifting one of those was an accomplishment itself.

We mostly used 27" CRT TVs. I could comfortably fit 2 in the backseat of my car, and they weren’t too bad to carry.

I guess it’s a tradeoff though. I was about to say how much easier kids have it for LAN’ing these days. But, if you consider the Xbox Live dependencies and the lack of this console generation’s offline LAN support, I guess they have their own hurdles to overcome.

I usually try to arrange a couple of LAN parties a couple of times a year. Unfortunately since me and my friends are all now in our late 20s and early 30s it’s hard to arrange especially when some people are in a different time zone but thank goodness for XBL haha. I’ve tried arranging them with co workers of mine but sadly there all into Call of Duty which isn’t my cup of tea.

> 2710872097142413;4:
> I usually try to arrange a couple of LAN parties a couple of times a year. Unfortunately since me and my friends are all now in our late 20s and early 30s it’s hard to arrange especially when some people are in a different time zone but thank goodness for XBL haha. I’ve tried arranging them with co workers of mine but sadly there all into Call of Duty which isn’t my cup of tea.

I know what you mean. most of the people I used to LAN with back in the original Xbox days are either living in other areas, turned out to be awful people who I won’t speak to, aren’t interested in gaming anymore, or are too busy. There are maybe 1 or 2 of the original crew still around. My LANs now consist mostly of new people I didn’t know back then.

> 2811398874529013;1:
> LAN parties are what made Halo great and it’s how the game is best played. I’ve been seeing so many posts lately about people hosting LAN parties, or attending LAN parties, or just asking for general advice about LAN parties. It’s fantastic. My friends get together about once a month or two for MCC parties, and it’s something I always look forward to.
>
> Online play is great and all, and it’s fantastic that we can do online customs, but nothing beats getting everybody together under one roof and playing side by side with your teammates.
>
> photo
> another photo
> photo from another LAN
> one more

You got that, LAN play is a blast